Serpent 720

Reply

Old 08-20-2007, 08:37 PM
  #2821  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
Derby Bros Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,209
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by old-man View Post
Has anyone tested the new steering blocks? Any feed back? Which hobby shop has them that I can buy online.

OM
Try contacting www.kamikazercracing.com . They are normally updated with parts and latest gizmoz and such. If they don't have it, try Winner's Circle. I'm with you on the performance question as I haven't tried them yet .
Derby Bros Racing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:07 AM
  #2822  
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,405
Default

Originally Posted by old-man View Post
Has anyone tested the new steering blocks? Any feed back? Which hobby shop has them that I can buy online.

OM
I am currently running the new blocks. I have only run the 0 offset, but they are nice. They are made of stronger material and I feel like they give more mid corner steering. I hope to try the 1mm off set this weekend end.
dj apolaro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:37 AM
  #2823  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
1FastSerpent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 389
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
I am currently running the new blocks. I have only run the 0 offset, but they are nice. They are made of stronger material and I feel like they give more mid corner steering. I hope to try the 1mm off set this weekend end.
So does this mean you are blessing us with your presence @ the Fort.
I finaly got a good Diff setup that fits my style. Will be fun to compare it with yours & see if it is faster then the oneway. Oh..gimme a call when ur not busy.
1FastSerpent is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 02:18 PM
  #2824  
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,405
Default

Originally Posted by 1FastSerpent View Post
So does this mean you are blessing us with your presence @ the Fort.
I finaly got a good Diff setup that fits my style. Will be fun to compare it with yours & see if it is faster then the oneway. Oh..gimme a call when ur not busy.
dj apolaro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:00 PM
  #2825  
Tech Master
iTrader: (14)
 
roadrage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Palm Bay, FL.
Posts: 1,236
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 1FastSerpent View Post
So does this mean you are blessing us with your presence @ the Fort.
I finaly got a good Diff setup that fits my style. Will be fun to compare it with yours & see if it is faster then the oneway. Oh..gimme a call when ur not busy.
oh great. marks running the diff!
roadrage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:11 PM
  #2826  
Tech Master
 
thamjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,193
Default

Originally Posted by Insane rc View Post
The 16t steel 1st gear won't fit verry wel unles you modifi the holes in the
chassi plate . otherwise the engine is not in line whit the spur gears.

It was intended for the 710.

NO ... same goes to 710... it can't be used either.

I have tried the 2nd speed off 55/20 but still can't get aglin.
thamjk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:25 PM
  #2827  
Tech Master
 
thamjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,193
Default

Originally Posted by rangulo View Post
This is not the correct reason why we do not use the 16t. The pitch of the 16t is wrong and will burn up the spurs. If you want to put a new 16t every run then it will be o.k..... We only run the 17,18 1st and the 22,23 in 2nd..

Rafael

the 16T alu pinion works well with 59T spear. 60T and 61T wear very fast.

The best I usually use on my 710 is 17/59. It last the most longest runtime.
But you are runing 6.5 gear ratio so the centex clutch and engine play the most role on the acceleration.


Thats is why 720 doesn't have any issues with 17/59 futhermore with higher internal ratio.
thamjk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:30 AM
  #2828  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
1FastSerpent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 389
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Austin, Are you and the fellas coming down to the fort This weekend? It would be a 720 invasion.
1FastSerpent is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:46 PM
  #2829  
Tech Master
iTrader: (14)
 
roadrage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Palm Bay, FL.
Posts: 1,236
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 1FastSerpent View Post
Austin, Are you and the fellas coming down to the fort This weekend? It would be a 720 invasion.
sure thing. me and ab. bobby says hes going and petes thinking about it. dont be to fast i might not want to come back
roadrage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:34 PM
  #2830  
Tech Adept
 
rcpanama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Panama
Posts: 181
Default Ventilated brake disc 1/10th (#803213)

Hi, I just received the new ventilated brake disk; the package comes with three small rings, the rings (washers) are the size of the ventilated holes in the disk.

Any body can give me an idea what is this for


RCPANAMA
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 720-ring-disk.jpg  
rcpanama is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:50 PM
  #2831  
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Originally Posted by rcpanama View Post
Hi, I just received the new ventilated brake disk; the package comes with three small rings, the rings (washers) are the size of the ventilated holes in the disk.

Any body can give me an idea what is this for


RCPANAMA
Probably to shim the brake disk so that its nicely centered between the brake pads?
Sow&Steady is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:53 PM
  #2832  
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,405
Default

Maybe it is to space out the side plate. It takes 3 screws to it. Just a though. I have not seen one so not sure.

DJ Apolaro
dj apolaro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:48 PM
  #2833  
Tech Adept
 
rcpanama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Panama
Posts: 181
Default

Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Maybe it is to space out the side plate. It takes 3 screws to it. Just a though. I have not seen one so not sure.

DJ Apolaro
That could be it makes sense thanks
rcpanama is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:18 PM
  #2834  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
DENNIS STORTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Horsham
Posts: 2,400
Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)
Default

i thought it was a new brake disc its ventilated an crossed drilled on the ends the trickest part i ever seen
DENNIS STORTI is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:26 PM
  #2835  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: E-Town Posse
Posts: 1,573
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

new brake disk works great

the 3 washers are to space the carbon plate to compensate the thicker size rear brake
Jeff Cuffs is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service