R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-05-2007, 01:11 AM   #2656
Tech Elite
 
Derby Bros Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,209
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhsp View Post
Dear 720 player,driver,i want to know 720 compare to Nt1 which one better,now i playing G4S,want to buy other car kit,see here (m'sia) got many people playing 720,anyone got any opinion thank a lot bro
I didn't own a NT1 so technically I can't personally compare the 2 but to answer your question, in my opinion the 720 is better (and tested and proven).

The 720 came out a year ago around June when it debuted at the Roar Sedan Nats in California. The car won that race on it's first outing! The NT1 debuted in the Winternats earlier this year with a lot of top drivers driving for them. The 720 won that race. When it comes to performance, the 720 is no doubt a performer and is a very competitive car. Now the 720 07 has been out which is a refined version of the original 720. So again, to answer your question, the 720 in my opinion is the better car. Good luck with whatever you decide on, and don't forget to have fun .
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:40 AM   #2657
Tech Fanatic
 
johnhsp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 976
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Send a message via MSN to johnhsp Send a message via Yahoo to johnhsp Send a message via Skype™ to johnhsp
Default

thank all,me already order 720-07 i think will arrive this week,hope better than my G4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady View Post
Ah, good to hear that many in M'sia are driving the 720!

As for the two cars, they are both very close out of the box but have different advantages and disadvantages. In my opinion, the 720 is more versatile if you race on a variety of tracks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez View Post
I didn't own a NT1 so technically I can't personally compare the 2 but to answer your question, in my opinion the 720 is better (and tested and proven).

The 720 came out a year ago around June when it debuted at the Roar Sedan Nats in California. The car won that race on it's first outing! The NT1 debuted in the Winternats earlier this year with a lot of top drivers driving for them. The 720 won that race. When it comes to performance, the 720 is no doubt a performer and is a very competitive car. Now the 720 07 has been out which is a refined version of the original 720. So again, to answer your question, the 720 in my opinion is the better car. Good luck with whatever you decide on, and don't forget to have fun .
johnhsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:54 AM   #2658
Tech Master
 
thamjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,193
Default

in the overall comparison of this 2 cars out of the box..

Definately 720 07 is better spec..

Reason is 720 using RCC shock and spring steel front CVD if I am not mistaken. I particularly like the design of serpent RCC shock.


Where NT1 you only get spring steel all round which is very long lasting but slight heavy if you don't mind. And also the finishing very precise and feel very good to own one. This is very good to attract for those who are pefectionist.


Performance wise i think its depend on the driver.... you will choose NT1 unless you have your own reason for that.
__________________
Serpent 710
Nova MAX
3PK
thamjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:06 AM   #2659
Tech Fanatic
 
johnhsp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 976
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Send a message via MSN to johnhsp Send a message via Yahoo to johnhsp Send a message via Skype™ to johnhsp
Default

Ok thank a lot bro,so tomorrow my 720-07 will arrive,so wht i need to take careful or both of you got any opinion to build this car please let me know thank (sorry for my boken english)
johnhsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:58 AM   #2660
Tech Regular
 
typer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Paranaque City
Posts: 342
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius View Post
Here you go:
Thanks bro. Hope to see you again here and race with us!
typer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:28 AM   #2661
Tech Elite
 
Derby Bros Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,209
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhsp View Post
Ok thank a lot bro,so tomorrow my 720-07 will arrive,so wht i need to take careful or both of you got any opinion to build this car please let me know thank (sorry for my boken english)
I suggest you follow the instructions and put the initial setup included in the book that way you can have a good starting point. The kit comes with a setup guide that explains the effects of setup changes to give you a general idea.
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:50 AM   #2662
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhsp View Post
Ok thank a lot bro,so tomorrow my 720-07 will arrive,so wht i need to take careful or both of you got any opinion to build this car please let me know thank (sorry for my boken english)
My 720 KB Web site has some build tips in the "Getting started with DJ Apolaro" section.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:52 AM   #2663
Tech Elite
 
Derby Bros Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,209
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post
My 720 KB Web site has some build tips in the "Getting started with DJ Apolaro" section.
+1
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:44 PM   #2664
Tech Elite
 
The Teacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 4,840
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

dj apolaro, do you run the front knuckles on your car reversed? (left on the right, right on the left)? I was told some of the factory guys are doing this to change bumpsteer in the car.......is this true and if so can you explain a little...Thanks in advance.
The Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:55 PM   #2665
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Teacher View Post
dj apolaro, do you run the front knuckles on your car reversed? (left on the right, right on the left)? I was told some of the factory guys are doing this to change bumpsteer in the car.......is this true and if so can you explain a little...Thanks in advance.
I have never run them that way. I have used them stock always. I think they did that for the nationals in Cali since the track was bumpy. I have not needed to try it.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:17 PM   #2666
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post
My 720 KB Web site has some build tips in the "Getting started with DJ Apolaro" section.
+2
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:26 PM   #2667
Tech Fanatic
 
johnhsp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 976
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Send a message via MSN to johnhsp Send a message via Yahoo to johnhsp Send a message via Skype™ to johnhsp
Default

thank all bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez View Post
I suggest you follow the instructions and put the initial setup included in the book that way you can have a good starting point. The kit comes with a setup guide that explains the effects of setup changes to give you a general idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post
My 720 KB Web site has some build tips in the "Getting started with DJ Apolaro" section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez View Post
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady View Post
+2
johnhsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:44 PM   #2668
Tech Elite
 
rcabj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: johor, west malaysia
Posts: 4,682
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

now i am without a car, i've never driven a serpent before, maybe i'll try out the 720....
__________________
BLacK cRoW RaCiNg TeaM
JBRCC
TEAM ORANGE
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:14 AM   #2669
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcabj View Post
now i am without a car, i've never driven a serpent before, maybe i'll try out the 720....
The 720 '07 to be precise.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:26 AM   #2670
Tech Elite
 
rcabj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: johor, west malaysia
Posts: 4,682
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady View Post
The 720 '07 to be precise.
we'll wait and see.....
__________________
BLacK cRoW RaCiNg TeaM
JBRCC
TEAM ORANGE
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:36 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net