R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-02-2006, 05:17 PM   #241
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez

i didn't like the ball diff of the 710 (personal preference)... but now that they are gear diff for the 720, i gotta have one. and the design is just beautiful!

i'm selling no cars yet because i need to run. so the 720 has to be out and available first before any further transactions .

any word on when you may be expecting the first batch to hit the U.S.?
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:45 PM   #242
Tech Fanatic

Rene go to sleep......it's 1:44am for you
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:48 PM   #243
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
Rene...of course, turnbuckle system WORKS only with the good plastic parts...when I was running NTC3 and R40 before, those rear upper link can be pushed in with minor hit to the wall.......not the turnbuckle are not strong enough, actually, too strong that it stripped the plastic....on the other hand, SERPENT plastic never disappoint me.......and I am happy to see that happen on 720.

The last thing I want to see is the old design from Impulse/705 period...to adjust camber, we have to work with the lower 2 pivot balls dialed out....WHY make something simple complicated..?

And MTX4 vs 720 vs RRR EVO/WCE..............ah, subject is too old, and I am sick and tied to hear ppl saying Mugen or Kyosho are so easy to setup right out the box and can win and S710 was complicated and such and such..........Team Serpent, do something on the NATIONAL and proved that SERPENT is not just for TEAM DRIVERS or ppl has a PHD degree of Rocket Science to handle.........
hahaha, some good words here. I think you will like the car.

Rene
Rene C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 12:12 AM   #244
Tech Adept

Is serpent planning to sell a conversation set from 710 to 720? It seems it is possible to make a such a conversation
deepfree_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 12:13 AM   #245
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28

ANY IDEAS HOW MUCH IS THE RETAIL PRICE OF THIS NEW CAR
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 12:23 AM   #246
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfree_z
Is serpent planning to sell a conversation set from 710 to 720? It seems it is possible to make a such a conversation
No, because all the carbon, (expensive stuff), the chassis and a few other expensive things are different.
Rene C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 12:39 AM   #247
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to redsand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roniel_R
The rear shocktower and the body mount are two pieces but they both go together,its function is to prevent damage to the shocktower in case of a hit or getting flipped....
I bet other brands will start to consider that too..
redsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 01:02 AM   #248
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_

What about the weight of the car.. i see some double things on it (like the rear mount etc.) Now carbon isn't heavy but...

What's the total weight of the car with no radio gear?
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 04:42 AM   #249
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by buboy28
ANY IDEAS HOW MUCH IS THE RETAIL PRICE OF THIS NEW CAR
Just a guess, and I think my guess is very close.....price just like 710, $350-380 range USD....no reason why this car is way below or way above the other competitions.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:43 AM   #250
Tech Master

thats good to know that there is a better shock tower for the rear to help with traction roll.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:34 AM   #251
Tech Fanatic

Hi Guys,

Ok, ok.... It is not a secret anymore. The wait is over. After so much speculation about the name, it is 720. I hope you like the new car, even if with this 2 pics you are not really able to see all the details, but at least you have a taste of what is going to be I will like to wait for the official release that is gonna be on Serpent website in a few days to list in detail all the features, but i know you guys want to know, so i will post a few tips. First of all this car has being tested since long time in several tracks and different countries. I know so far all this drivers have tested the car: Julius Kolf, Rene Cornella, Michael Salven, Gilles Groskamp, Mark Green, Richard Keur, Fabio Domanin, Scotty Gray, and myself (a lot more top drivers but the list will be too long ;-)). Now that is public, those drivers can post some info, answer questions and share information

We test this car in January 06 at Ft. Myers after a State Race event on a Monday and Tuesday private test session (many of Florida drivers saw Rene on Sunday at that event) There where some spectators on those test days and i will like to take the opportunity to thanks them for keep it quiet (they know who they are) Thanks guys for the coop.
I can only say that i was really impressed with the performance, about how much easy is to drive, the amount of steering everywhere but at the same time good stability. Without having the same grip that at the Winternats, Scotty and my self where able to turn consistently lower lap times that the one we did at this year event with the 710.

The car may look a little bit like a 710 as a first impression, but actually is totally new. It does share parts from the 710 like mostly of the transmission parts (absolutely all concerning transmission but couple of things), steering blocks, front sway bar holders, front upper arms, servo saver, radio plate mount, engine mount, fuel tank, shocks and battery. This means that almost all the optionals of the 710 will fit this car.

The main things about the 720 are:
Easy to work and assemble
Wide setup sweet spot
Suspension arms left and right
Stiffer front and rear end (a lot less plastic parts than 710 but still easy acces to front and rear transmission
Rear upper link
Shorter internal drive ratio
Redesigned Suspension Geometry
Ball bearing mounted rear sway bar
Improved brake support
Flexible rear body mount (no more broken rear shock towers)

There is a lot more about this car, but again, I want to wait Serpent to publish the full specs. The car will make the official world debut at 2 venues on the same weekend. In Europe, the car will be raced at the Efra GP in Holland, a really important event cause itís kind of the warm up for this year Eurpoean Championship (so all the top dogs will be there). In America, the car will be raced at this year Roar Sedan Nationals in California, premier event for this class. We have no time to test the car before the race so they will see the track for the first time at this event.

You all are invited to stop by at our pits to see the new car. See you in SoCal in a couple of weeks

Paolo
Old 06-03-2006, 11:44 AM   #252
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The front bumper looks kind of weak with no reinforcement on the top. I like the fact that they went to gear diffs though, should help to make it a much more durable car.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:10 PM   #253
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
The front bumper looks kind of weak with no reinforcement on the top. I like the fact that they went to gear diffs though, should help to make it a much more durable car.

This is actually beter, on the 710.. when you hitted something spot on, the screws of the braces above the front diff would pull out... and downstop settings will be lost...

You probably will have to take some more lower parts.. but in general this is a beter setup for the 'total' front....

just my 2cents...
Old 06-03-2006, 12:13 PM   #254
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
Front upper bumper now is split in 2 pcs. There is one part fitted to the front bulkhead and the chassis, making really stiff so front downs stop now will be more consistant. The the other part is in the bumper itself (on top of the foam) and is more flexible to absorbe the impacts.

Car have gear diff front and rear. It may be possible that US version will come additionally with the front one way.

Paolo
Old 06-03-2006, 01:24 PM   #255
Tech Regular

I have some questions

The rollcenter in the rear and front is changable on the upper link (Seen from the foto's).
Is the rollcenter changable on the lower arms (front and rear)?

The internal gearing has changed.. what has changed regarding the pulleys and gears?
If the diffs are reusable, the difftheeth are the same, so that means the middle pulleys would have changed.. how and what changed there?

How is the rear stabi connected and are there different hardnesses?