R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2006, 11:13 AM   #226
Tech Apprentice
 
Rene C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Netherland
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
will the old one-way fit?
A lot of steel and optional parts will fit. There are a few plastic parts unchanged too.

Rene
Rene C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:31 AM   #227
Tech Apprentice
 
Rene C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Netherland
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
I have to say....FINALLY...a turnbuckle type rear camber link......A+.
I did not like the turnbuckle system. Maybe itís because when I looked at other brands cars it had so much flex. A racecar is stiff or it has flex on parts you want to have flex. I hate flex at suspension parts (at on-road racing).
But itís so much easier to work on. We could make a very stiff lower suspension-arm, so the flex is minimised.
Now I like the turnbuckle system too.

We still learn stuff, sometimes a little slow, but we get there, .

Rene
Rene C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:43 AM   #228
Tech Regular
 
maxysfuel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Miami
Posts: 302
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Good Job Rene ,Car luce very nice I like...

Maxy Velazco
maxysfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:48 AM   #229
Tech Regular
 
TC Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 363
Default 710 vs. 720

Guys, is there enough new and worth while stuff on the new 720 to justify waiting to get my hands one of them? Or, is the 710 with a few after-market up-dates just as good if not better? Too early to tell?
TC Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:51 AM   #230
Tech Adept
 
sneezer714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 185
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Maxy, and Paolo,
Im waiting for my 720,where are you guy's hidding It!!!
After the nationals you can send them to me so I can Fit the Body's better!!!
And use the car for Inspiration!!!!
Good luck at the Race
With your brand New Mugen killer!!!!
__________________
JAVIER PAINT WORK'S
TEAM CFX PAINT WORK'S
sneezer714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:01 PM   #231
Tech Elite
 
Derby Bros Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,209
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Guy
Guys, is there enough new and worth while stuff on the new 720 to justify waiting to get my hands one of them? Or, is the 710 with a few after-market up-dates just as good if not better? Too early to tell?

according to mytsn, the car will be out beginning of july... that's 4 weeks for now. it's gotta be worth the wait
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:07 PM   #232
Tech Regular
 
4F1Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Gold Canyon,Arizona
Posts: 381
Default

Better sell that car to one of those begginers at the track and order your 720 Jo. As soon as I get my shipment I will bring it to the track, pit right next to you, and without comment put the box between us facing you!!!!

Sam
4F1Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:13 PM   #233
Tech Apprentice
 
Rene C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Netherland
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Guy
Guys, is there enough new and worth while stuff on the new 720 to justify waiting to get my hands one of them? Or, is the 710 with a few after-market up-dates just as good if not better? Too early to tell?
The 710 is still a very good race car. If you put, the gear diff, the RCC shocks and the optional chassis plate, in the car itís hard to beat. Itís not easy to make a new car and be faster (with no knowledge of setup) than a well-known good working racecar like the 710.
There has come a point we get close to the limit of the car. And than you need to look what you can do to improve the car (go faster or make easier to work on, orÖ).
That is what we did with the 720. We learned a lot from the 710 and now we made a even better car.

If you get into the details, you will find enough new stuff on the car.
In the end itís always up to you.

Rene
Rene C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:16 PM   #234
Tech Elite
 
Derby Bros Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,209
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfelish
Better sell that car to one of those begginers at the track and order your 720 Jo. As soon as I get my shipment I will bring it to the track, pit right next to you, and without comment put the box between us facing you!!!!

Sam


i didn't like the ball diff of the 710 (personal preference)... but now that they are gear diff for the 720, i gotta have one. and the design is just beautiful!

i'm selling no cars yet because i need to run. so the 720 has to be out and available first before any further transactions .

any word on when you may be expecting the first batch to hit the U.S.?
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:52 PM   #235
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez


i didn't like the ball diff of the 710 (personal preference)... but now that they are gear diff for the 720, i gotta have one. and the design is just beautiful!

i'm selling no cars yet because i need to run. so the 720 has to be out and available first before any further transactions .

any word on when you may be expecting the first batch to hit the U.S.?
Wait till after the Nats to get excited.

Four 720's in the top ten would be an awesome finish for a new car at a major event. Word has it that the testing has been going on for some time, so I'm hoping that the 720s will hold up durability wise. The drivers are more than capable.

MTX-4 killer? I'll believe it when I see it. MTX-4 ProSpec will definitely improve the car and some of the it's shortcomings. I'd hang on to the MTX-4 if I were you.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 02:19 PM   #236
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene C.
I did not like the turnbuckle system. Maybe itís because when I looked at other brands cars it had so much flex. A racecar is stiff or it has flex on parts you want to have flex. I hate flex at suspension parts (at on-road racing).
But itís so much easier to work on. We could make a very stiff lower suspension-arm, so the flex is minimised.
Now I like the turnbuckle system too.

We still learn stuff, sometimes a little slow, but we get there, .

Rene
Rene...of course, turnbuckle system WORKS only with the good plastic parts...when I was running NTC3 and R40 before, those rear upper link can be pushed in with minor hit to the wall.......not the turnbuckle are not strong enough, actually, too strong that it stripped the plastic....on the other hand, SERPENT plastic never disappoint me.......and I am happy to see that happen on 720.

The last thing I want to see is the old design from Impulse/705 period...to adjust camber, we have to work with the lower 2 pivot balls dialed out....WHY make something simple complicated..?

And MTX4 vs 720 vs RRR EVO/WCE..............ah, subject is too old, and I am sick and tied to hear ppl saying Mugen or Kyosho are so easy to setup right out the box and can win and S710 was complicated and such and such..........Team Serpent, do something on the NATIONAL and proved that SERPENT is not just for TEAM DRIVERS or ppl has a PHD degree of Rocket Science to handle.........
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 03:00 PM   #237
Tech Elite
 
Derby Bros Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,209
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

to me i base my decision on choosing a car on what appeals to me. i get excited to get cars that i thought looked good or whatever that i thought would be nice.

this serpent car looks really good. there's nothing wrong with my car and i'm not even asking for more, to be honest. but it will be nice to try this new 720.... is it better? i don't know... but there's only one way to find out .

i hope the new 720 comes with a one-way also and not just the front diff. although the front diff is a plus for me since that's what we use locally for our tight technical track. but for everything else, it's a one-way.
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 03:13 PM   #238
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
to me i base my decision on choosing a car on what appeals to me. i get excited to get cars that i thought looked good or whatever that i thought would be nice.

this serpent car looks really good. there's nothing wrong with my car and i'm not even asking for more, to be honest. but it will be nice to try this new 720.... is it better? i don't know... but there's only one way to find out .
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 03:34 PM   #239
Tech Fanatic
 
Julius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Amsterdam Netherlands
Posts: 979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
i hope the new 720 comes with a one-way also and not just the front diff. although the front diff is a plus for me since that's what we use locally for our tight technical track. but for everything else, it's a one-way.
The one-way from the 710 can be used on the 720. So you'll have the locked front as an option at the same time. For most, a front diff is easier to handle, which is why we made it the choice for the kit with the one way available as an option.
__________________
Team Serpent, Xceed, Sanwa, LRP
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 04:19 PM   #240
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Veenendaal, The Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius
The one-way from the 710 can be used on the 720. So you'll have the locked front as an option at the same time. For most, a front diff is easier to handle, which is why we made it the choice for the kit with the one way available as an option.

Good choice!

I have to say, with Rene explaining somethings here... i do think serpent makes upgrading from 710 to 720 very easy... not all parts are new (like it was when 705>710) and lots of stuff can be reused... seems the 710 was a great basis to go on with...


congrats with the new car guys... and it's coming in july? Now that's faster then i assumed! great great!
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:16 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net