Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 720

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Harry: you are rigth. We are oignto have 3 chassis for the 720. The std (silver and black, basically the same, just looks, SPP (front big hole and different design to allow more flex), SPP LCG to allow even more flex

Sam: This is the factory version of the few samples Serpent USA made in February for the Wnats. The SPP version is going to be the only one commercially available.

As Andrew said, this chassis, togheter with other new products, are going to be available to ship to dealers from next Tuesday. Check www.serpent-usa.com and www.serpent.com for the latest news

Rainer: The 720 info is ready. Expect e-mail on Monday

More goodies on the way: New products are coming out in the next few weeks: brass batterie trays for 960 and 720, front brass plate for 720 (fits SPP and SPP LGC), rulon clutch shoes (red ones for both cars), Front and rear softer blades for the sway bars, lithium batteries for both cars (fit std and brass batt trays) and much more!!!!
Damn I just got mine 2 weeks ago and now all of these updates are coming out....LOL. Oh well better start saving so I will have the car in tip top shape by the Capital Classic!!!
Old 05-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm having problems with bleeding and getting the proper rebound of the RCC shocks. Stripped 2 of the bottom inserts from loosening and tightening.

Its probably been posted in here, but what is correct way of "doing" the shocks, how much rebound, bleeding , etc.?

Thanks
Old 05-12-2007, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Harry: you are rigth. We are oignto have 3 chassis for the 720. The std (silver and black, basically the same, just looks, SPP (front big hole and different design to allow more flex), SPP LCG to allow even more flex

Sam: This is the factory version of the few samples Serpent USA made in February for the Wnats. The SPP version is going to be the only one commercially available.

As Andrew said, this chassis, togheter with other new products, are going to be available to ship to dealers from next Tuesday. Check www.serpent-usa.com and www.serpent.com for the latest news

More goodies on the way: New products are coming out in the next few weeks: brass batterie trays for 960 and 720, front brass plate for 720 (fits SPP and SPP LGC), rulon clutch shoes (red ones for both cars), Front and rear softer blades for the sway bars, lithium batteries for both cars (fit std and brass batt trays) and much more!!!!

the Spp LCG is not going to be available?...
Old 05-12-2007, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

have not yet installed the 3rd one way and now more goodies from Serpent i will be definitely getting that lithium battery and those brass battery trays
Old 05-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by fastharry
the Spp LCG is not going to be available?...
Fast,

I meant that only SPP versions (both SPP and SPP LCG) are going to be available. The SUSA version is not going into the market

Sorry for not being more precise

Paolo
Old 05-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Fast,

I meant that only SPP versions (both SPP and SPP LCG) are going to be available. The SUSA version is not going into the market

Sorry for not being more precise

Paolo
thanks.....
Old 05-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Paolo- quick question for you on set up sheets, it looks like on most setup sheets, like the sheet for winternats 2007, that you have just one "dot" filled in for the shock pistons, does this mean you used one hole pistons or three hole pistons, one hole seems stiff, but just want clarification on this.... Thanks by the way on an awsome car, I am really happy so far with my new 720, ran it last weekend at the KC HOA, unfortunately we got rained out Sunday....
Old 05-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ffejdat
Paolo- quick question for you on set up sheets, it looks like on most setup sheets, like the sheet for winternats 2007, that you have just one "dot" filled in for the shock pistons, does this mean you used one hole pistons or three hole pistons, one hole seems stiff, but just want clarification on this.... Thanks by the way on an awsome car, I am really happy so far with my new 720, ran it last weekend at the KC HOA, unfortunately we got rained out Sunday....
That means 3 hole open.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Forgive my ignorance, but what's the advantage to having brass battery trays?
Old 05-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SMcpot
Forgive my ignorance, but what's the advantage to having brass battery trays?
You use Brass battery tray to center your polar, meaning to keep the heaviest on the center of the car, also only if your car is underweight, or you might consider lightening your car significantly to compensate the weight of the brass battery tray, if you want to use one.

Last edited by Team Kamikaze; 05-12-2007 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks DJ, that's what I thought, just wanted to be sure...
Old 05-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

FastH: No problem

Ffejdat: Dj already answer. It; means 3 holes opens. What's the KC HOA?

DJ: ready 4 301?

SMcpot and Sam: Kamikaze already answer thanks Sam. If you use the new SPP LCG, you are going to be under the minimum by a lot, so you can use the heavy battery tray.

I forgot to mention, also coming LCG one piece engine mount (i believe 2 to 3 mm lower) and smaller flywheel (31mm) So even lower CG having the engine lower, better performance
Old 05-13-2007, 03:18 AM
Tech Elite

FastH: No problem

Ffejdat: Dj already answer. It; means 3 holes opens. What's the KC HOA?

DJ: ready 4 301?

SMcpot and Sam: Kamikaze already answer thanks Sam. If you use the new SPP LCG, you are going to be under the minimum by a lot, so you can use the heavy battery tray.

I forgot to mention, also coming LCG one piece engine mount (i believe 2 to 3 mm lower) and smaller flywheel (31mm) So even lower CG having the engine lower, better performance
Add to that the upcoming Serpent low profile LiPo and you can lower the tank by about 3mm.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:57 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

kansas city, Heart of America series.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Default lipo

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Add to that the upcoming Serpent low profile LiPo and you can lower the tank by about 3mm.
hey sow

i thinki have a split second clip of that new lipo rx batt julius tested in his visit..the green light looks cool

http://one.revver.com/watch/231487

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.