Serpent 720

Old 04-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Julius
Hi,

To start with the last question. The objective is to have the lowest laptime with the easiest handling.... Seriously some tracks will require stiff combo's (think about Ft Meyers with the fast chicanes where you need response) and sometimes you have more flowing tracks that allow softer combos for more control.

The rebound of the rcc shocks should be about half to 2/3s travel when released after full compression. Easiest way to achieve that consistently is using the rcc shock tool from serpent during assembly. It makes sure the piston is in the optimum position during bleeding and this gives very good rebound results.

Your first question is the most difficult....
To be honest I do not chage damping a whole lot. I mostly run 35wt all round with either 2 or 3 hole pistons. One thing to have in the back of your mind is that in bumpy tracks harder damping will often give better results than soft damping.

Spring hardness can change a lot in response of the car. Harder will give quicker response but less grip. Harder is often better in fast corners. Softer for hairpin type corners.
Julius have you been using the third one way? If so in what situation/track conditions do you find it useful?
Old 04-13-2007, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Now that I track 720 wins (which I don't do with any of the other KB sites), I'm really quite impressed at how often the car takes the A Main. Most of the wins are not posted in this thread, but if you hang at serpent.com or redrc.net, you'll see that it really is a world class touring car. Sure, the drivers are the ones winning the races - but you can't win a race without good gear.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Now that I track 720 wins (which I don't do with any of the other KB sites), I'm really quite impressed at how often the car takes the A Main. Most of the wins are not posted in this thread, but if you hang at serpent.com or redrc.net, you'll see that it really is a world class touring car. Sure, the drivers are the ones winning the races - but you can't win a race without good gear.

Amen
Old 04-14-2007, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

Exactly, not only that, if you look on a world-wide basis, it is almost saying that its the car for everyone, or the average Joe. Why? Because each of the races its won, each of those in the A, were most by different drivers other than the big names such as Mark Green, Salven, Paolo ...
Old 04-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mega MF vs ZX:

Based on performance, why would you choose one over the other?
Old 04-14-2007, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Mega MF vs ZX:

Based on performance, why would you choose one over the other?
I guess it's preference. If you like Nova based, then go with the MF, and if you like Picco based then go with the ZX.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
I guess it's preference. If you like Nova based, then go with the MF, and if you like Picco based then go with the ZX.
That makes sense.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

That third one way is the best thing I have bought! I was running my 710 and as the tires were wearing, it got squrily but still controlable. I switched to my 720 with the third one way, and man!!!! I love the thing!!! I think tire wear is a bit lower with that one way. I gave it a 1.5 mm larger tire in the rear and the thing was a dream to drive!!! This thing feels like my 8th scale with that 3rd oneway. You will be spoiled if you run it!!

ZX vs. MF.. Like the other guys say, it is up to personal opinion. I like Novarossi= MF motors.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What are the common parts that break on the 720, if any?
Old 04-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
That third one way is the best thing I have bought! I was running my 710 and as the tires were wearing, it got squrily but still controlable. I switched to my 720 with the third one way, and man!!!! I love the thing!!! I think tire wear is a bit lower with that one way. I gave it a 1.5 mm larger tire in the rear and the thing was a dream to drive!!! This thing feels like my 8th scale with that 3rd oneway. You will be spoiled if you run it!!

ZX vs. MF.. Like the other guys say, it is up to personal opinion. I like Novarossi= MF motors.
Are you running the front one way or the front diff in the 720?
Old 04-15-2007, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RoyU
The engine and the bodyshell
Old 04-15-2007, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Are you running the front one way or the front diff in the 720?
Running the front one way.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Nothing seems to break on the 720. I raced my 720 very hard yesterday and took many shots and T-bones. The thing is a brute on the track and will keep its settings. If you take your time and build it right, put the right parts in it and not try to put it in the wall, it will finish everytime.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Woodchop
Hi Guys, a simple question.... I use the 18T front pulley conversion so always run a 3mm tyre split front to back.In wet weather it is rubber tyres that seem to work the best but they are the same diameter front and back.Whats the easiest way to regain the correct overdrive ratio for use in wet weather? Cheers All
Due to the fickle weather we have in my home country it can sometimes rain and dry very quickly. This is why i was wondering if there is a quick way to get an appropriate overdrive ratio-when using rubber tyres (which are the same size on the front and back of the car)!!! There would not be sufficent time to pull the front of the car apart to put the original pulley setup on!

Anybody any ideas? Cheers all
Old 04-15-2007, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Woodchop
Due to the fickle weather we have in my home country it can sometimes rain and dry very quickly. This is why i was wondering if there is a quick way to get an appropriate overdrive ratio-when using rubber tyres (which are the same size on the front and back of the car)!!! There would not be sufficent time to pull the front of the car apart to put the original pulley setup on!

Anybody any ideas? Cheers all
In your case (going back and forth from rubber to foam in a given race day), I guess you are better off to just use the original pulleys instead of having the 18T conversion. Then go to www.nitrokb.com and there you will find LeeMuse ratio chart. Use it to find the right tire dia. that will be close to the ratio that you are used to with foam tires.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service