R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2007, 01:58 PM   #1846
Tech Master
 
roadrage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Palm Bay, FL.
Posts: 1,224
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Austin,good luck at the winternats
thanks marcos. see ya this weekend
__________________
Austin Wolfe
Serpent America-Trinity/Revtech-www.ActivRC.com
roadrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 08:33 PM   #1847
See
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Roseville,CA
Posts: 698
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo M
Please contact the office. They will check the paper work and see what happen
Talked to them this morning they said they would get them sent out.
__________________
Mike See
TLR Horizon Hobby Spektrum Rc Concept Proline J&T bearing Vision Racing Products Ptrc oils
See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:36 PM   #1848
Tech Adept
 
Pandora's Box's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 197
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo_garcia
Hi

Where can I get the VXR regulator ?

regards

Eduardo
Eduardo,
Try their website www.vxrracing.com
On it there is a list of dealers in the US and also mail order companies that sell their products.
Pandora's Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:15 AM   #1849
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Africa
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by See
Acid have you contacted serpent about this?I am having a similar problem right now with a 720 kit and I talked with Roniel at serpent usa and he is taking care of the problem for me.
Hi See

Thanks, and yes, I have contacted Serpent and as usual they have helped me resolve the problem in no time

Regards

Acid
Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:19 AM   #1850
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Africa
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo M
Acid,

we are human and sometimes we can make mistakes. Anyway to help solving your problem, , check under your kit box, there is a sticker it some numbers, etc. Make a copy of this, contact your vendor about it and send the copy of that info. They should contact their distributor and fix your problem.

Hope this info can help

Paolo Morganti
Serpent USA
Thanks Paolo

I have contacted them and they are resolving the problem.

Paolo, one suggestion from my side, why not keep the B13 screws in a separate packet like what is done for the E11, E12, E13, etc. Doesn't that make more sense? It will help with future kits.

Acid
Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:21 AM   #1851
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Africa
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buboy28
Acid, try e-mailing them they will reply to you the soonest or if you have time call them and look for Angie i also got my 720 from them and the only problems i have were the RCC shocks were one of the shock just wont lock so i e-mailed them and they told me to ship them and they replaced the whole set of shocks
Thanks buboy28

I have contacted them and I have to say that their service is FANTASTIC. My parts are already on the way, amazing.

Thanks

Acid
Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:27 AM   #1852
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Africa
Posts: 160
Default Carbon Chassis

Hi guys

In my previous post I spoke about the new carbon chassis and the problem that I was having with the screws touching the front belt.

My bad, I had the pulley on the wrong way - this is what happens when you rush and build a kit

After chaning this around, EVERYTHING works perfectly

No need to file anything down.

One question though, has anyone tried the Servo lever front long on the 720? I installed one on mine but the servo saver touches the front left plastic bulkhead? Has anyone experienced anything similar or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Acid
Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:47 PM   #1853
Tech Elite
 
Derby Bros Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,209
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid

One question though, has anyone tried the Servo lever front long on the 720? I installed one on mine but the servo saver touches the front left plastic bulkhead? Has anyone experienced anything similar or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Acid
Acid
I have used the long ackerman on my 720 and I didn't get any issues. I took it off though as soon as I got the adjustable ackerman. You can still get the long ackerman setting with it, it's just so much easier to change settings when swapping ackerman inserts compared to taking the top plate and the whole ackerman off.
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:22 PM   #1854
Tech Regular
 
serpentpro28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: VA
Posts: 299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
Hi guys

In my previous post I spoke about the new carbon chassis and the problem that I was having with the screws touching the front belt.

My bad, I had the pulley on the wrong way - this is what happens when you rush and build a kit

After chaning this around, EVERYTHING works perfectly

No need to file anything down.

One question though, has anyone tried the Servo lever front long on the 720? I installed one on mine but the servo saver touches the front left plastic bulkhead? Has anyone experienced anything similar or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Acid
Check your turnbuckle on steering linkage it should be 41mm,if you have the right measurement just take out some steering on left and right balance on your transmitter,hope that will help'
__________________
Team bilis racing
serpentpro28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:12 AM   #1855
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Africa
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentpro28
Check your turnbuckle on steering linkage it should be 41mm,if you have the right measurement just take out some steering on left and right balance on your transmitter,hope that will help'
Thanks Jo and serpentpro28.

Will give it a try tonight. I must be doing something wrong cos Jo had no issues when he installed the long ackerman.

Regards

Acid
Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:50 AM   #1856
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Acid if you bought from the local distributor you wouldnt have had theh long delay it would have been sorted out overnight.
Unfortunately where you save on kits from overseas you lose out on local support. Pity as the local distributor is one of the most helpful guys around and his son is one of the top 3 drivers in the country.
Support Local and help the local rc fraternity grow !!!
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:40 AM   #1857
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Africa
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor
Acid if you bought from the local distributor you wouldnt have had theh long delay it would have been sorted out overnight.
Unfortunately where you save on kits from overseas you lose out on local support. Pity as the local distributor is one of the most helpful guys around and his son is one of the top 3 drivers in the country.
Support Local and help the local rc fraternity grow !!!
Hi Razzor

Thanks for the advice... just so that you and everyone else knows... I do support the my local distributor. For your info, I actually purchased the aluminium X brace hop up and long ackerman from the local distributor. I will always support my CERTIFIED local distributor. Last time I checked, I am not sure if you were certified by suppliers

And you are right, my local distributor and his son, are very good friends of mine... thats why my brother just bought the 960FD from him... I am sure that = support

So, the next time you want to hand out advice in public, please get your facts correct before typing

Later

Acid
Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:13 AM   #1858
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Thats good to know ,because its a hill we have been climbing.
Guys buy overseas and expect local support.Sorry for jumping the gun


Dave is a good guy and I support him although I dont run his product and he supports me with my products.

"Last time I checked, I am not sure if you were certified by suppliers "
Dont know what you implying ,pm me
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:25 AM   #1859
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Africa
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor
Thats good to know ,because its a hill we have been climbing.
Guys buy overseas and expect local support.Sorry for jumping the gun


Dave is a good guy and I support him although I dont run his product and he supports me with my products.

"Last time I checked, I am not sure if you were certified by suppliers "
Dont know what you implying ,pm me
Good. Now that we got all that cleared up, I am allot happier.

Regarding the statement about the certification - I am going to take my foot out of my mouth - my apologies.

Regards

Acid
Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:01 PM   #1860
Tech Elite
 
Derby Bros Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,209
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

There's some cool new stuff I saw on Serpent.com today. I don't know when they were posted or when they are going to be available but I know I can't wait to have them


Here's one that I would really like to get....
Brake pulley one-way
http://serpent.com/image.php?ImageID...68083&size=350


Tit nitride shock shafts
http://serpent.com/image.php?ImageID...68078&size=350


And of course for the pit table
http://serpent.com/image.php?ImageID...68065&size=350
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:38 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net