R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-31-2007, 05:29 AM   #1831
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora's Box
Hi,
I've been using the VXR Racing Li-Po Receiver battery on my 720 and 960; and it's great!!. It's light and keeps the consistency of servo torque and speed throughout the final. You have to use the VXR regulator to keep the voltage constant and at a safe level for your electronics. It's much better than any Ni-Mh battery i've used previously. Try it ...no regrets.

I also run Li-Po on my 3PK.....keeps my arms feeling great for the finals.
Concentrate more on the race than keeping the controller up...
You can tell that the Tx is too heavy by looking at the drivers on the stand with their antenna slowly dipping as the race progresses.
Hi

Where can I get the VXR regulator ?

regards

Eduardo
eduardo_garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:04 AM   #1832
See
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
Hi Guys

I have recently purchased a new 720 kit from RC Mushroom and I am having the following problems:

1. Screws missing - B13 - used to mount the rear section onto the chassis. Anyone else had this problem

2. I also purchased the upgraded carbon chassis. After installing the carbon insert, one of the screw ends rubs against the front belt. This cannot be correct as it will cause drag. What should I do, file the screw end down? Any ideas?

To be honest, I am really dissappointed with Serpent. This is my second 720 kit and I am still having problems. With my first kit, the rear arms were faulty. Now, I have parts missing and the upgraded parts don't work the way they should

Really not what I expected after spending more than $400 on a kit!!!

Thanks

Acid
Acid have you contacted serpent about this?I am having a similar problem right now with a 720 kit and I talked with Roniel at serpent usa and he is taking care of the problem for me.
See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:21 AM   #1833
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Hi Guys

I have recently purchased a new 720 kit from RC Mushroom and I am having the following problems:

1. Screws missing - B13 - used to mount the rear section onto the chassis. Anyone else had this problem

2. I also purchased the upgraded carbon chassis. After installing the carbon insert, one of the screw ends rubs against the front belt. This cannot be correct as it will cause drag. What should I do, file the screw end down? Any ideas?

To be honest, I am really dissappointed with Serpent. This is my second 720 kit and I am still having problems. With my first kit, the rear arms were faulty. Now, I have parts missing and the upgraded parts don't work the way they should

Thanks

Acid
Acid,

we are human and sometimes we can make mistakes. Anyway to help solving your problem, , check under your kit box, there is a sticker it some numbers, etc. Make a copy of this, contact your vendor about it and send the copy of that info. They should contact their distributor and fix your problem.

Hope this info can help

Paolo Morganti
Serpent USA
Old 01-31-2007, 07:23 AM   #1834
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by See
Acid have you contacted serpent about this?I am having a similar problem right now with a 720 kit and I talked with Roniel at serpent usa and he is taking care of the problem for me.
See, your case is different and you are located in America, so we take care of this. Acid, looks ike he is in Africa, but he purchase a Kit in Asia. So i don't know exactly what is the procedure

Did you get your parts?

Paolo
Old 01-31-2007, 08:37 AM   #1835
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo M
See, your case is different and you are located in America, so we take care of this. Acid, looks ike he is in Africa, but he purchase a Kit in Asia. So i don't know exactly what is the procedure

Did you get your parts?

Paolo
Hi Paolo:

I bought 2 kits from the USA and I'm having problems with the shock caps. Can you help me?

Please PM me

regards

Eduardo
eduardo_garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:53 AM   #1836
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo_garcia
Hi Paolo:

I bought 2 kits from the USA and I'm having problems with the shock caps. Can you help me?

Please PM me

regards

Eduardo
Eduardo,

We sent replacements caps to all our dealers inmediately after the release of the first batch of kits (the one that had that problem). Contact the dealer you purchased and you should get caps

Paolo
Old 01-31-2007, 10:49 AM   #1837
Tech Fanatic

paolo,
i sent you pm.
joe
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:00 PM   #1838
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

it will be nice to see all the serpent drivers at the W-nats
Old 01-31-2007, 02:18 PM   #1839
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrage
it will be nice to see all the serpent drivers at the W-nats
Austin,good luck at the winternats
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:48 PM   #1840
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora's Box
Hi,
I've been using the VXR Racing Li-Po Receiver battery on my 720 and 960; and it's great!!. It's light and keeps the consistency of servo torque and speed throughout the final. You have to use the VXR regulator to keep the voltage constant and at a safe level for your electronics. It's much better than any Ni-Mh battery i've used previously. Try it ...no regrets.

I also run Li-Po on my 3PK.....keeps my arms feeling great for the finals.
Concentrate more on the race than keeping the controller up...
You can tell that the Tx is too heavy by looking at the drivers on the stand with their antenna slowly dipping as the race progresses.
hi, did you file the battery cover so that the Li-Po batts could fit from what i've seen the VXR Li-Po receiver batts are a bit wider than the Ni-Mh receiver batts
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:56 PM   #1841
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28

Quote:
Hi Guys

Thanks

Acid
Acid, try e-mailing them they will reply to you the soonest or if you have time call them and look for Angie i also got my 720 from them and the only problems i have were the RCC shocks were one of the shock just wont lock so i e-mailed them and they told me to ship them and they replaced the whole set of shocks
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:21 PM   #1842
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to fatboy

Hi guys, wonder you guys knew any website selling sets of titatium screws for 720.

thanks
fatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:18 PM   #1843
See
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo M

Did you get your parts?

Paolo
Paolo
Yes I got the parts today everything was there except the 903169 bottom shock inserts.It shows them as shipped on the invoice but they were not in the package.Should I contact Roniel about this?I got the car all together but one shock is leaking like crazy.

Thanks for all your help.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:44 PM   #1844
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by See
Paolo
Yes I got the parts today everything was there except the 903169 bottom shock inserts.It shows them as shipped on the invoice but they were not in the package.Should I contact Roniel about this?I got the car all together but one shock is leaking like crazy.

Thanks for all your help.
Please contact the office. They will check the paper work and see what happen
Old 01-31-2007, 10:58 PM   #1845
See
Tech Addict

I will call them in the morning.