R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-28-2007, 12:09 AM   #1816
See
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Unhappy

I was just wondering if anyone had dealt with them before.I allready talked with Serpent USA and they are taking care of the problem. But I talked to them monday morning was supposed to have missing parts by thursday at the latest and as of today no parts I guess I will call them back monday morning.Im just kinda bummed right now really wanted to run the car this weekend now im out money for a race I was signed up for.
See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:53 AM   #1817
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

See:

Your parts were shipped allready,we recieved the shippment on thursday afternnon..
Roniel_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:54 AM   #1818
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to nigelnuggets

Usually Serpent USA does a fantastic job with it. It mightve been the shipping company?
Old 01-28-2007, 09:42 AM   #1819
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by See
I was just wondering if anyone had dealt with them before.I allready talked with Serpent USA and they are taking care of the problem. But I talked to them monday morning was supposed to have missing parts by thursday at the latest and as of today no parts I guess I will call them back monday morning.Im just kinda bummed right now really wanted to run the car this weekend now im out money for a race I was signed up for.
See,

We had a large delay with the shipping company in the last shipment. Something that normally takes a few days, it took almost 2 weeks. So everything was delayed. I am sorry for the inconvenience. We try our best at our end to support our products. Sometimes, like this one, it's just out of our hands. As Roniel stated, you should get your parts very soon.

Thanks you for using our products. Enjoy

Paolo Morganti
Serpent USA
Old 01-28-2007, 09:52 AM   #1820
See
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Quote:
We had a large delay with the shipping company in the last shipment. Something that normally takes a few days, it took almost 2 weeks. So everything was delayed. I am sorry for the inconvenience. We try our best at our end to support our products. Sometimes, like this one, it's just out of our hands. As Roniel stated, you should get your parts very soon.
Paolo M,

Thanks for the explanation.

Roniel_R,

I was'nt trying to bash or anything was just a little frustrated and bummed out last night I was really looking forward to running the car I have heard great things about it.Did you get my email with the info off the box?
See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:48 PM   #1821
Tech Initiate

Default lipo's

After reading about 10 pages I gave up, has anyone tried using a lipo in the 720? If so I am very interested in reading the results.

Thanks
bajannitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:51 PM   #1822
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajannitro
After reading about 10 pages I gave up, has anyone tried using a lipo in the 720? If so I am very interested in reading the results.

Thanks
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...po#post2557336
boy2rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:44 AM   #1823
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28

guys, what did you do with the serpent wheels that came with the kit our LHS does not mount foam tires so i have to order the whole set
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:36 AM   #1824
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buboy28
guys, what did you do with the serpent wheels that came with the kit our LHS does not mount foam tires so i have to order the whole set
thats actually is the setup wheels for you to set the track width, toe i/ out and camber!!! and its working if u uses the serpent tyres or tyres with same offset!!
Old 01-29-2007, 06:43 AM   #1825
Tech Champion

guys.. i have a problem with RCC shocks.. the plastic caps easy to loose after 2-3 times I open the shocks. .. is there anybody here faced this problem and how u solved it??
Old 01-29-2007, 07:26 AM   #1826
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullstart
guys.. i have a problem with RCC shocks.. the plastic caps easy to loose after 2-3 times I open the shocks. .. is there anybody here faced this problem and how u solved it??
I initially had that problem too. But, I wasn't properly aligning the threads and maybe over tightening them too. After going through about two shock bottoms, I took my time and and made sure they were aligned and haven't had a problem since. That's been over six months ago and running the car every weekend.

However, there are aluminum aftermarket versions that can be found online.

rcmart

eBay
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent 720-se001_m.jpg  

SpeedWorld Raceway & Hobbies | DesotoRacing.com | R1 Wurks

Last edited by neltime64; 01-29-2007 at 10:02 AM.
neltime64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:34 AM   #1827
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by neltime64
I initially had that problem too. But, I wasn't properly aligning the threads and maybe over tightening them too. After going through about two shock bottoms, I took my time and and made sure they were aligned and haven't had a problem since. That's been over six months ago and running the car every weekend.

However, there are aluminum aftermarket versions that can be found on eBay.

Here

thanks bro... FYI i didn't faces this problem with my 960..

about the aluminium product.. besides ebay where to get it??
Old 01-29-2007, 09:55 AM   #1828
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There available at rc-mushroom.com.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:06 AM   #1829
Tech Adept

Default Problems With Kit

Hi Guys

I have recently purchased a new 720 kit from RC Mushroom and I am having the following problems:

1. Screws missing - B13 - used to mount the rear section onto the chassis. Anyone else had this problem

2. I also purchased the upgraded carbon chassis. After installing the carbon insert, one of the screw ends rubs against the front belt. This cannot be correct as it will cause drag. What should I do, file the screw end down? Any ideas?

To be honest, I am really dissappointed with Serpent. This is my second 720 kit and I am still having problems. With my first kit, the rear arms were faulty. Now, I have parts missing and the upgraded parts don't work the way they should

Really not what I expected after spending more than $400 on a kit!!!

Thanks

Acid
Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:04 AM   #1830
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajannitro

Thanks
Hi,
I've been using the VXR Racing Li-Po Receiver battery on my 720 and 960; and it's great!!. It's light and keeps the consistency of servo torque and speed throughout the final. You have to use the VXR regulator to keep the voltage constant and at a safe level for your electronics. It's much better than any Ni-Mh battery i've used previously. Try it ...no regrets.

I also run Li-Po on my 3PK.....keeps my arms feeling great for the finals.
Concentrate more on the race than keeping the controller up...
You can tell that the Tx is too heavy by looking at the drivers on the stand with their antenna slowly dipping as the race progresses.
Pandora's Box is offline   Reply With Quote