Serpent 720

You're on Page 110 of 339
Go to
  • hey, can i ask wot effects would you see tightening, loosening belts on front, back and centre
    thanks
  • Quote: Serpent made a tool to make the adjustment of the centax clutch easier, with this tool you can adjust the tension of the spring externally, part number for the tool is #909598, but a tool to make building the centax clutch easier, I don't think there is one.

http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=4201

This helps with setting clutch gap.
  • Serpent USA included a hard clutch spring with a sheet recommending various setting depending on the engine being used in the box of my 720. The sheet shows an END PLAY setting of between 0.4mm and 0.6mm, depending on the engine. This seems to me to be excessive as most other documentation recommends a setting where there is barely any movement. Wondering if these numbers are correct or are they maybe off by a decimal point.
  • loose belts are faster but have a larger risk of slipping, slipping will lead to failure. so often you run a loose belt for quals and tighten them a notch for mains.
  • New stuff I saw today from www.mytsn.com ! Pretty cool stuff .

Rear body mount support

Floating body mount for lolas
  • Quote: New stuff I saw today from www.mytsn.com ! Pretty cool stuff .
    and theres my xmas present.
  • Why would a floating rear body mount only for lola"s?
    it could have the same positive effect on a touring shell i think.

Think i'm going to try it see if it makes any difference.
    Or is it not allowed in the touring class??.

Carbon support looks pretty cool.
  • Quote: and theres my xmas present.
    And mine ... together with the Pro Centax II set I think. Maybe it won't fit the 720 but I'm tempted to resurrect the old 705!
  • That floating body mount is really tempting.
  • Pro centax II? haha i didnt know that fit the 705. cool!
  • Quote: And mine ... together with the Pro Centax II set I think. Maybe it won't fit the 720 but I'm tempted to resurrect the old 705!
    If santa accidentally gives the centax clutch set to you, then send it to me my friend.....
  • Quote: If santa accidentally gives the centax clutch set to you, then send it to me my friend.....
    Naa, if Santa accidentally sends you a S960, send it over to me my BEST friend!
  • Has anyone noticed that on the caberlink mount they have given you more mounting holes for the link?
  • Quote: Has anyone noticed that on the caberlink mount they have given you more mounting holes for the link?

Yeah I did... On mytsn there's a picture of all the parts.. more clear there... what i'm wondering is the bolt in stead of the normal hex screw...
  • Here's how the floating rear goes in the car...
    http://www.mytsn.com/products/downlds.asp?prid=4368