R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2006, 11:55 AM   #1486
Tech Adept
 
madbeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: World Wide
Posts: 198
Default Thanks for the rear diff infor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
Attached is what the reference guide calls for to have ball diffs. The stock gear diffs are 35T front and 47T rear. The ball diffs of the 710 are 35t front and 45T rear.
Cyclops is right, just change the rear to a 47T (part#808376) and it should be fine.
Guys am just putting the last few bits on my 720.. just waiting on some skyline parts and its done i will test and give a full report all the hop up ...
PS
Jo Gutierrez thanks alot on the rear `Diffs
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent 720-720-hopup.jpg  
__________________
Serpent 966/720 Mugen MTX4R Xray NT1-Mugen MTX-4 Knack R conversion Hong Nor X1CR
madbeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:52 PM   #1487
Tech Elite
 
Derby Bros Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,209
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbeats
Guys am just putting the last few bits on my 720.. just waiting on some skyline parts and its done i will test and give a full report all the hop up ...
PS
Jo Gutierrez thanks alot on the rear `Diffs


Let us know how your test goes .
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:21 PM   #1488
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,857
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

We now have all of the Skyline 720 parts in stock.

www.murnanmodified.com
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:20 PM   #1489
Tech Regular
 
serpentpro28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: VA
Posts: 299
Default front belt rubbing

anybody have problem with front belt rubbing at the servo saver turnbuckle,btw im using jr8800 servo for steering?
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent 720-dsc03426.jpg  
__________________
Team bilis racing
serpentpro28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:37 PM   #1490
Tech Elite
 
Derby Bros Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,209
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentpro28
anybody have problem with front belt rubbing at the servo saver turnbuckle,btw im using jr8800 servo for steering?
Double check the eccentric bearing holder. There's a left and right position to it. If this still doesn't solve the issue, you may just shave a little bit of plastic off using a Xacto knife. You don't have to take too much, as the picture shows very small wear from the belt .
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:14 PM   #1491
Tech Master
 
ghoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sin City - Las Vegas
Posts: 1,721
Trader Rating: 54 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentpro28
anybody have problem with front belt rubbing at the servo saver turnbuckle,btw im using jr8800 servo for steering?
go back and change your servo arm to the "stock arm", it looks like the aluminum arm you are running is too "tall" and placing the ball end too close to the center of the car causing the rubbing...

give it a try and compare.....
__________________
R1 Wurks - ActivRC - ApexRC - P1 Brands
ghoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:19 PM   #1492
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoppa
go back and change your servo arm to the "stock arm", it looks like the aluminum arm you are running is too "tall" and placing the ball end too close to the center of the car causing the rubbing...

give it a try and compare.....
Wazzup are you ready?
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:19 PM   #1493
Tech Regular
 
serpentpro28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: VA
Posts: 299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
Double check the eccentric bearing holder. There's a left and right position to it. If this still doesn't solve the issue, you may just shave a little bit of plastic off using a Xacto knife. You don't have to take too much, as the picture shows very small wear from the belt .
I did check the bearing holder and it is good,i just found out that the jr servo is taller than futaba servo coz' one of my buddy doesnt have such problem on futaba for steering.
Thanks Joe
__________________
Team bilis racing
serpentpro28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:22 PM   #1494
Tech Regular
 
serpentpro28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: VA
Posts: 299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoppa
go back and change your servo arm to the "stock arm", it looks like the aluminum arm you are running is too "tall" and placing the ball end too close to the center of the car causing the rubbing...

give it a try and compare.....
My servo arm is already been cut,this is now exactly the same size with the original.
Thanks'
__________________
Team bilis racing
serpentpro28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:57 PM   #1495
Tech Master
 
ghoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sin City - Las Vegas
Posts: 1,721
Trader Rating: 54 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Wazzup are you ready?
been ready ...Thursday can't come soon enough...
__________________
R1 Wurks - ActivRC - ApexRC - P1 Brands
ghoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:33 PM   #1496
Tech Master
 
buboy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: manila,philippines
Posts: 1,601
Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentpro28
I did check the bearing holder and it is good,i just found out that the jr servo is taller than futaba servo coz' one of my buddy doesnt have such problem on futaba for steering.
Thanks Joe
i'm using futaba 9451 servo for steering but does not have the problem you have, does jr have low profile servos might be able to solve your problem
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 02:46 PM   #1497
Tech Regular
 
serpentpro28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: VA
Posts: 299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buboy28
i'm using futaba 9451 servo for steering but does not have the problem you have, does jr have low profile servos might be able to solve your problem
All high speed servo from jr have the same size,i might need to swap my servo steering and get a futaba or ko propo' any feedback with the new ko servo?
Thanks'
__________________
Team bilis racing
serpentpro28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:09 PM   #1498
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

I use the ko servos and have no problems.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:13 PM   #1499
Tech Elite
 
Derby Bros Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,209
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentpro28
All high speed servo from jr have the same size,i might need to swap my servo steering and get a futaba or ko propo' any feedback with the new ko servo?
Thanks'
I have had my KO2343 servo since I got my 710 when it came out. Now it's in my 720 and still working . I went through a number of Airtronics servo for my throttle until I changed to a KO servo for throttle as well. Though our track is smaller compared to popular nitro tracks, I do race every week and really give my servos a workout.

My bro has one of the newer KO's available. I think it's the 2365?? but I'm not sure about the number. Anyways, he likes it a lot as well.
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 06:55 AM   #1500
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 120
Default

Hi guys:

which one is lighter? 802163 802162? aluminium middle shaft or the new SSP middle shaft?

Regards

Eduardo
eduardo_garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:51 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net