R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Parma Speed Scent (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/107879-parma-speed-scent.html)

paulo 03-29-2006 04:26 AM

Parma Speed Scent

hey guys,

I just got a bottle of this Parma speed scent for free from the hobby shop, was woundering whats it like and if i could harm the engine from using it. I have searched around but havent found any info on it? I was thinking of giving it ago just for shi ts and giggles seing as the normal nitro smell gets bad after a while..

integra evan 03-29-2006 09:33 AM

Ahh who doesn't love the smell of nitro in the morning? I don't trust those scents at all...

Scott Fisher 03-29-2006 10:13 AM

I ran many gallons of fuel with nitro scent. No problems at all.
Cherry, Root Beer and Bubble Gum. It is a novelty type item, but its fine.

integra evan 03-29-2006 10:33 AM

It would just be weird smelling root beer from a car....lol

Artificial-I 03-29-2006 10:35 AM

Ive run it. I just add a couple of drops to my fuel bottle. It gives off a neat scent and just kinda changes things up.

Its novelty for sure and just for fun. Its meant to go in a motor so it should be alright, I was a little worried but havent noticed a change in performance so its got me thinking its pretty much not changing a thing. Its probably just adding a slight bit more oil to the mixture.

I got root beer and cotton candy. Both smell pretty cool coming out the exhaust.

Artificial-I 03-29-2006 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by integra evan
It would just be weird smelling root beer from a car....lol

You know whats funnier. I opened the cap on the stuff and sniffed the root beer (dont suggest doing this). Afterwards I smelt nothing but root beer. Went over to the women and breathed out through my nose and she goes....ROOT BEER.

Im like omg this stuff "is stuck" in my nose. All I did was smell it. Not like some big whiff just a short slow inhale. I smelt cotton candy and it didnt do that. So all I gotta say is that root beer scent is some strong stuff. Dont sniff it unless you want root beer flavor nose. :lol:

Data 03-29-2006 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
root beer and cotton candy. Both smell pretty cool

:lol: :lol: :lol: i rather going home with nitro smell, safer this way.

muchomadness 03-29-2006 11:11 AM

Nitro Speed Scent is safe to use & it won't affect performance. It is highly concentrated, so you don't need to use that much (1 capful per quart of fuel I believe). They have lots of other cool scents in addition to the ones named above.

Keep in mind: You can use this in any engine that doesn't have a catalytic converter. So it'll work in your lawn mower & weed eater too! :nod:

Go to www.parmapse.com for more info.

Have Fun!!

integra evan 03-29-2006 11:18 AM

Hahaha, having a lawnmower that smells like rootbeer would be funny...lol

Data 03-29-2006 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by muchomadness
Nitro Speed Scent is safe to use & it won't affect performance.

i meant safer with my wife. :lol: don’t want to go through an interrogate session every time i come home smelling nice. :cry:

jaratr 03-29-2006 01:56 PM

Wow. My dog wants to chase my car bad enough now. Imagine if they had cheesburger scent...

integra evan 03-29-2006 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by jaratr
Wow. My dog wants to chase my car bad enough now. Imagine if they had cheesburger scent...

Oh no...lol

nigelnuggets 03-29-2006 08:02 PM

Nitro speed scent is perfectly safe. i ran it in my 1/8th Mugen MRX4 during the airtronics championsihps at revelation. strawberry scent. whenever someone smelled it, they automatically knew it was me. :)

integra evan 03-30-2006 08:37 AM

lol

"I smell...::sniff sniff::...victory..."

vinrx7 04-30-2009 09:10 PM

Im going to have to pour some in my buddies sand rail. Strawberry smelling buggy. :lol: