R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Tires (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/107816-tires.html)

Eddie 03-28-2006 04:03 PM

Tires

Hello , would like to know what is the most popular brand of foam tires for asphalt , I am looking for a tire with great performance , good wear and strong rims that dont bend or break , and the price needs to be reasonable , last year I ran the Fast brand that came with my MTX-3 and they worked great but the prices are higher, I tried some GRP tires and the wheels were not strong, easily bent and had one rip the center out . Most of the tracks here are in the range of 35-45 shore .

darkangel 03-28-2006 04:18 PM

See what brand tires are being used at your local track. Fast Tires are GRP made foams (and I believe GRP has consolidated all the different brands of GRP into one this year).

GRP, GQ, Jaco are all good brands to get. I like the foam on the Enneti tires, but their wheels tend to break a little too easily.

integra evan 03-28-2006 07:59 PM

I have Jaco foams on my RS4, and I must say, I am really impressed. They come pre mounted and glued on to white dish racing wheels...excellent handling and long life! Mine were $18 for two tires mounted on wheels. $36 total for all four, definitely worth it.

mcsquish 03-29-2006 04:18 AM

I would have to say the Jaco nitro shoes are my prefered tire.I haven't had any unexpected problems with them. Yeah, hitting a wall hard at ~50 can mess up a tire though.

integra evan 03-29-2006 09:30 AM

I recently hit a curb going about 40, absolutely nothing happened to the Jacos!

Ridder 03-29-2006 10:51 AM

I have GQ's: 16 euro/ 4 tires
And Twisters: 13 euro/ 4 tires.
Like them both.

jfro6512 03-29-2006 08:02 PM

GRP Devils

Has anyone tried GRP Devils? Nitrohouse carries 'em, and they are cheaper than the Fast Tires I usually buy.

g4-racing.de 03-29-2006 09:09 PM

hello
@Ridder: by you the Twister in the shop in Rotterdam?It is the only shop i Found who sell them.........
I have by a lot and pay with paypal but he send me bach my money and told me that i must pay per Bank.......shit
Sorry for my bad english but it was a long time ago i went to school ;) ;) :nod:
Thanks from Germay
Marc

Slotmachine 03-29-2006 09:17 PM

GQ`S are very good click on the link in my signature for GQ Products

rocca30 03-30-2006 12:06 AM

devils

i been useing them for a year now just like fast tires, but the rim does bend as easy.

Eddie 03-30-2006 07:18 PM

I didnt have good luck with the devils , the wheels didnt hold up too well , mine cracked around the center hub and I lost the front tire , still won the main though with 3 wheels !!!!

I would like to stick to one brand since I have heard shore rating does vary slightly between manufactures , dont know if its true or not but I dont like to take chances .

jfro6512 03-30-2006 11:05 PM

Thanks for the advice about the GRP Devils. I found a place to buy fast tires for $10.50. I'll pay 50 cents more for a more reputable brand of tires.

speedracer1129 03-31-2006 07:22 AM

at rcx, they carry the Jaco tires that are mounted on Serpent rims! good quality foam on a nice rigid and sturdy rim for about $12.00 a set :nod:

what you think??

http://rcxhobbies.com/home.php?cat=100

Ridder 03-31-2006 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by g4-racing.de
hello
@Ridder: by you the Twister in the shop in Rotterdam?It is the only shop i Found who sell them.........
I have by a lot and pay with paypal but he send me bach my money and told me that i must pay per Bank.......shit
Sorry for my bad english but it was a long time ago i went to school ;) ;) :nod:
Thanks from Germay
Marc

Yes, I get them from Storm Discount in Rotterdam.
I live 15 km from Rotterdam, but I have it send, because of the traffic in Rotterdam.
I paid through Paypal ....no problem....