R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-19-2006, 07:53 PM   #46
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fritzD

should i wait for the new version of the spektrum? or should i just get the old one which is readily available here?
fritzD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:59 PM   #47

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

I would.

Wait for the new if you want to be 100%. Its also be a bit faster than the older versions. (more responsive).
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:46 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Well guys, I'll share my experience. In my last race, after my first practice, my spektrum worked awesome. When I went to my second practice, my throttle and steering servo both were glitching to an extreme point. I changed batteries and still the same. I changed recievers and problem solved. Before going out to practice, I opened up the glitched reciever, and found an amazing collection of small rocks from the track. After removing those and installing the reciever back, I did not experience any other glitching problem. That is, after I installed a balloon on the reciever to make sure no more dirt got inside. For electric purposes, I'd suggest you get a 1000uma capacitor or the spektrum capacitor to ensure your reciever will always have voltage.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:01 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i'm running a 3pk with spectrum and ko pds-2344fet and futaba 9550 in my g4 and 2 ace ds1015's in my mtx4 cause they are better priced and from all reports are a good servo. just a question on the spectrum, i've noticed some guys run a capacitor or somthing like that on the power plug for some reason, can anyone shed any light on this set up and why it is being used ? have to agree with everyone that the spectrum is a good thing
Old 04-19-2006, 10:47 PM   #50
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry
Default for ko propo helios owners

Hey all!! I was wondering if any of the helios owners wished that their radio had these features: Display-only mode,Idle Up and Fail safe?

and to all of the non helios owners, do you use these features often?

thanks Jason
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:30 AM   #51
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscamry
Hey all!! I was wondering if any of the helios owners wished that their radio had these features: Display-only mode,Idle Up and Fail safe?

and to all of the non helios owners, do you use these features often?

thanks Jason
helios has idle up... but they named it differently... check out the function TH:PRESET it can be used for idle up... works perfect for me... chek it out..
Old 04-20-2006, 12:31 AM   #52
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu
Well guys, I'll share my experience. In my last race, after my first practice, my spektrum worked awesome. When I went to my second practice, my throttle and steering servo both were glitching to an extreme point. I changed batteries and still the same. I changed recievers and problem solved. Before going out to practice, I opened up the glitched reciever, and found an amazing collection of small rocks from the track. After removing those and installing the reciever back, I did not experience any other glitching problem. That is, after I installed a balloon on the reciever to make sure no more dirt got inside. For electric purposes, I'd suggest you get a 1000uma capacitor or the spektrum capacitor to ensure your reciever will always have voltage.
i see... thanks for sharing..
Old 04-20-2006, 12:51 AM   #53
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzD
helios has idle up... but they named it differently... check out the function TH:PRESET it can be used for idle up... works perfect for me... chek it out..
Thanks for the help. Fritz, does the helios have Display-only mode?

thanks Jason
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:05 AM   #54
Tech Master

im not sure... i havent read the manual thoroughly..
Old 04-20-2006, 01:23 AM   #55
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TT120

Airtronics (Sanwa) M8 witht the spektrum system. I've had it for about a year and never had any glitches or problems in any of my cars and trucks. Never noticed any lag either. It's been working great for me.
TT120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:49 AM   #56
Tech Master

buy what u like lol the pro's use what paysem most in most cases.
i was worried id buy a radio and not have the fetures but if u buy a helios 3pk m11 u will be sweet ive heard good things about crx and jr z1 so buy what suite your grip. i bought m11 caus every one said it was more comfortable than 3pk and i wasnt dissapointed lol no one rus 3pk in my area i havnt seen one except mine
M11
SP GT
SP 5.5,17.5
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:00 AM   #57
Tech Adept

I have used futaba HRS Reciver and 3PK with 13kg ACE digital servos for a while now and i dont think ill change over to the 2.4 ghz system for a while my radio has never had a problem and i havent had any glitches with crystals or other people on my frequency and i love the 3PK because its so user friendly.
nitro_racer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:23 AM   #58
Tech Apprentice

Default KO Propo

Anyone have any experience with the new KO propo servos (PDS-2365)? I've heard the previous model (PDS-2343) had wire issues, ie. the connecting wire to the servo was a weak connection. So i'm a bit reluctant to spend $125 on a servo that might cut out on me. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
jfro6512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:28 AM   #59
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfro6512
Anyone have any experience with the new KO propo servos (PDS-2365)? I've heard the previous model (PDS-2343) had wire issues, ie. the connecting wire to the servo was a weak connection. So i'm a bit reluctant to spend $125 on a servo that might cut out on me. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
never really had a KO servo myself but a fren of mine had one. he had problems with the throtle servo neutral position.. everything he switched everything on, the throtle servo doesn't go the its perviosly set neutral position..
Old 04-20-2006, 07:31 AM   #60
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfro6512
dont know about the 2365 but i've been using the 2344 for a year now and i've had no problems with it, maybe the problem with the wires has been corrected