What radio gear do you use? why? thread

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • double post
  • Quote: Spektrum is actually slower. It adds a delay to all radios actually.
    Correct, hence why the new Pro Spektrum system reduces that "lag". And why some pro's havent switched over.
  • Quote: Correct, hence why the new Pro Spektrum system reduces that "lag". And why some pro's havent switched over.
  • Quote: Spektrum is actually slower. It adds a delay to all radios actually.
    I didnt notice any difference between the Spektrum and PCM/PPM, it felt the same, but there is a difference between the HRS and standard Spektrum
  • i recently made a switch to specktrum and as far as response time i dont feel any slowdown at all , i know the first batch of spectrum system had some issues with slow response time but it has been worked out, i am really happy with specktrum

Quote: Spektrum is actually slower. It adds a delay to all radios actually.
  • Quote: DO you guys use exponentia rate for your TH? I use + exp for the steerin. I'm just not sure what for throtle.
    I have a Graupner/JR XS-6, which is a synth Tx and Rx.
    Good price and no crystals.

I use negative exponentional rate for steering.
    Then I can make tiny adjustments on the straight without going from one side to the other.
    I keep the throttle lineair.
  • Quote: Correct, hence why the new Pro Spektrum system reduces that "lag". And why some pro's havent switched over.
    i see... so that's why KO is not planning on making spektrum like modules
  • I'm holding off on a new radio until the Futaba 2.4G comes out...
  • Quote: I'm holding off on a new radio until the Futaba 2.4G comes out...
    The only problem , how long will we be holding off. Could be a year before it comes out. BTW the new futaba spektrum PRO HRS unit is now available. .2 latency instead of the .5 added.
  • Quote: I didnt notice any difference between the Spektrum and PCM/PPM, it felt the same, but there is a difference between the HRS and standard Spektrum
    I dont really notice anything either. But it is there. An extra step in the chain of response.
  • Quote: i recently made a switch to specktrum and as far as response time i dont feel any slowdown at all , i know the first batch of spectrum system had some issues with slow response time but it has been worked out, i am really happy with specktrum
    With the new pro spektrums @ .2 you shouldnt notice much. But @ .5 you can.
  • the Futaba HRS Spektrum is at 2ms and the pro systems are at 3ms
  • I use a Futaba 3PK and got spektrum a couple weeks later, it makes life just so much more simple. I really like being able to turn my radio on in the pits. I'm split between Futaba and KO servos.

Dad uses a DX3, its nice but it lacks features.
  • guys,

does anybody who have a spektrum exerienced a slight glitch? or is it really 100% glitchless
  • In theory they shouldnt , but some had technical difficulties so they glitched quite a bit. You could send them in they would apply fixes. The latest version should be truly glitchless. But otherwise it is a glitchless system. I have the old version and I dont think Ive ever experienced a glitch.

But yeah , eletrical motor noise and metal to metal noise is a thing of the past with these.