Wiki Posts
Search

Stuff for Kyosho V One S

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 02:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool Stuff for Kyosho V One S

Hi

I have just purchased a V One S. I am going to race it in sports class so I have put a two speed gear box in it but the rest is all stock standard. What else should i change to enhance performance and tuning ability.

Also does anyone know a good site to help me out with tuning my car so i can be competitive???

Thanks
Shane
Old 12-15-2002, 03:08 AM
Tech Addict

Where are you going to be racing it (I know it's not related to your question)?
Old 12-15-2002, 04:00 AM
Tech Rookie

I live In Perth and Im going to race at a place in Bayswater.
The clubs website is www.warcmcc.org
Old 12-15-2002, 04:13 AM
Tech Addict

That's quite a track !

What are the spec limitations of your sport class? Here in Vic we have VORTEC (a ruling organisation) rules set out. Click on the link under my post for my club and go to the VORTEC comp section to see our specs.
Old 12-15-2002, 04:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Your club looks pretty good. I have not raced at my club yet, I am just a beginner. The restrictions on the cars in my club for sports class are u must run rubber tyres, a sedan body and a pull start engine.
Old 12-15-2002, 04:29 AM
Tech Addict

That's the same with my sport specs.

I run in stock though. I suppose to get to the podium, what separates 1st and 2nd place is the ability to drive your car consistently and to choose the right tyres.

I use and recommend the Kyosho racing tyres. You can get them really cheap from Radio Models .
Old 12-15-2002, 04:31 AM
Tech Rookie

aahhh ok, do u think that stuff like shock absorbers ect. are worth changing or should i keep the stock standards
Old 12-15-2002, 04:33 AM
Tech Addict

Get a handle on driving your car first, and see what the front runners are using at your track and go from there.

I suggest getting the special blue heatsink for it.
Attached Thumbnails Stuff for Kyosho V One S-gs15-r-special-heatsink.jpg  
Old 12-15-2002, 04:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Whats a good place to buy them from??? How much more power am i looking at gettin outta the engine from them?
Old 12-15-2002, 04:38 AM
Tech Addict

You can get it at your LHS, or save about $30 and get it from Radio Models. The part number is 7490114BL .
Old 12-15-2002, 04:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Ok cool, What car do u race ? I was thinking of decking out my car and just adding every possible option part. But i have waisted my money on useless parts before, when u walk into a hobby store and they know you dont know what your on about they take you for a ride
Old 12-15-2002, 04:48 AM
Tech Addict

I race a V-One S. I just spent $670 on parts for it including the blue heatsink and special chassis, as well as a lot of spares. I bought it all from Radiomodels, they have some cheap prices there!

Some hobby stores are only out to suck money out of you, but my old one that closed down wouldn't sell me anything that wasn't necessary.

Just invest in the heatsink, maybe the special chassis and the adjustable aluminium shockers and go from there. Buy different colour springs and different shock oil weights. Also, go down to your track and practice a lot. All that practice will add up!

Also, ask the people in your class what they find to be useful/good on/for their cars.
Old 12-15-2002, 04:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Ok, thanx for the advise, Im on Radio models website i cant find that part number though.
Old 12-15-2002, 04:52 AM
Tech Addict

What part numbers do you want?

You have to click on the search page, then type in KYO7490114BL and tick land and/or general.
Old 12-15-2002, 04:55 AM
Tech Rookie

aahh k i got it, do you have the part numbers for the shockies and stuff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.