Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Want my First on road >

Want my First on road

Want my First on road

Old 08-04-2020, 07:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Want my First on road

Hey everyone, just getting into nitro off-road and wanted to get an on road vehicle as well. I wonít be racing at first just want something to have fun with in parking lots and in front of the house. I would probably look for a good deal on a used car and donít mind buying something older as long as there are parts available. My preference would be serpent or Xray but would buy any brand if itís a good buy. Iíve been doing a little bit of research on google and you tube and have an idea what I want but wanted to hear from everyone and see what you guys thought on what model I should be looking at. Thanks everyone in advance for any help.
Old 08-05-2020, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outcast32 View Post
Hey everyone, just getting into nitro off-road and wanted to get an on road vehicle as well. I wonít be racing at first just want something to have fun with in parking lots and in front of the house. I would probably look for a good deal on a used car and donít mind buying something older as long as there are parts available. My preference would be serpent or Xray but would buy any brand if itís a good buy. Iíve been doing a little bit of research on google and you tube and have an idea what I want but wanted to hear from everyone and see what you guys thought on what model I should be looking at. Thanks everyone in advance for any help.
I've had my hands on most cars throughout the years, hands down the best car for reliability and speed is Capricorn. Parts are strong and can take some hits. Obviously that's my opinion
Old 08-05-2020, 02:14 PM
Tech Initiate

If you are doing 1:8 scale Off-road then a GT8 (rally game) on road car would be the best for you and also adapted for parking lots or near your house. Depends on what buggy you got. I got a Xray Buggy XB8 and a On road GTX8, 80% of parts are the same so reducing spare investment and it is strong. Serpent is also very good I got the Srx8 GT but the not the buggy (yet &#128516. Hope it helps
Old 08-05-2020, 03:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the suggestions. Iíll look into the Capricorn. Serpent has a GT race roller I was looking at buying and adding my own engine. It looked like a good deal at under $300. Not sure how good the components are on it. Hobao has the VT that I was looking at but not familiar with them and donít no if they are junk. I like Xray stuff as well and have been keeping an eye out in the classified section for used stuff. Thanks again for the suggestions.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Want my First on road

i want to buy the first A.I.M. i cannot find it anywhere else
but on the 1c online store A.I.M. is out of stock or something
i want to play the first A.I.M. so much please re-stock the first A.I.M
sorry for poor english
Old 08-11-2020, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

IGT8 GT 2019