Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Knock-Off real car parts , now knock-off rc parts. >

Knock-Off real car parts , now knock-off rc parts.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Knock-Off real car parts , now knock-off rc parts.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Knock-Off real car parts , now knock-off rc parts.

Well Ive seen real car auctions on ebay get this problem. Tons of people just putting a name on something fake.

Here is an auction that ive seen about 20 times over a course of a year on ebay. Ive never heard anyone talk about it. But thought I would bring this to attention of others.

Here is the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RDL-OUTLAW-1-Pce...QQcmdZViewItem

Notice anything? The title says , RDL Turbo 2 , leading you to believe its an rdlogic pipe. Not only that they go as far to place it next to a t-shirt saying rdlogic (wonder if thats fake too).

But if you notice. The auction doesnt say a thing about rdlogic pipe as well every rdlogic owner should immediatly notice the pipe itself is just a little extra shiny....maybe because its missing an rdlogics etched logo. Look around....its not hiding. Its just not there.

Now I thought, hey before I go and bash this guy on rctech. Let me go check his feedback and other auctions. Sure enough , feedback not so good (guy seems like a creep, lots of non-sent items). Then the finale, all his other auctions are exactly the same. Not only that if you notice all his product doesnt have really much to it. Being it could easily be other stuff just with him just saying its rdlogic. When its just something else.

But it doesnt stop , he also has rdlogic setup decals and hex hubs which is the only thing I see in the auction stated rdlogic. Now I wonder if he bought those to look legit or is he just copying and printing those out. Im thinking rdlogics definently needs to check this guy out.

And the main reason for the post. To hopefully save people from this guy whos selling knock-off stuff and at full price to boot. Maybe someone else can let us know their thoughts. Maybe im just imagining things. Maybe you have purchased something and noticed something fishy or missing.

Oh well, it was bothering me enough to finally post it. Hope its not the start of a shady trend for RC , cause otherwise ive never seen this for us. But its rampant in the real car section.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You gotta dig the Description:

Brand new polished aluminum exhaust pipe: including pipe, exhaust manifold, mounting spring, and pipe holder.
Fits Mugen MTX-3, Kyosho V one RR, Serpent 705, Trinity G4, HPI R40, and more.
Tuned by famous engine modifier Dennis Richey.
Precisely tuned with a 6mm stinger to maximize horsepower for 3 port, 5 port, and 7 port .12 engines.
Outlaw version.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think he probably used the wrong pipe and took the wrong pic, this happens pretty often on ebay. i.e: many ebay stores use the same pic for the V1RRR and V1RRR WCE....

But it is a good heads up for everyone to pay more attention during online shopping.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. But there is no different rdlogic pipe for this one they are selling. If its for the rdl turboII r40 , rrr....its the same pipe.

And all rdlogic pipes have the etched logo on them by the stinger. This has none. Another thing on the rdlogic is there is a heatsink of sorts on the coupler....this is regular coupler like most all other pipes.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i don't know the guy , but look close to the pipe you can see turbo II on the pipe. could be the way the photo was taken that you can't see it clearly. that just whats i observed. but if this guy doesn't ship stuff, thumbs down, but also remember there are people that say they didn't get it and did. good and bad on all fronts just try to be careful. another note; sometimes you can by pass you local hobby shop for very little savings and next thing you wonder why they closed there doors and are out of bussiness.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Well I can tell you for a fact that is a RD Logics turbo 2 outlaw pipe. I should know I designed it and Ken Li from skyline had the factory in taiwan make it. This was back when Ken was with RD Logics and I was doing design work for them.

The header has changed several times but the pipe has not. Its length changed there was a short and a long header for it.

Now that being said RD had a serious problem with the factory that made the pipes selling pipes in RD logics boxes with the rd logics name on it to distributors and those pipes never even entered the doors at RD. That pipe was sold to JPL,TSIAS and several car companies whereby the factory just changed the logo or put no logo on it. This was after it was redesigned off the turbo 1 pipe and had won its first roar nationals. They sold that sucker to everybody. I know because RD had legal people involved.

Its the real deal just questionable where it came from unless they repolished one and the etch came off before they took the picture. I notice he sells quite a bit of RD stuff so he may be legit who knows. At least when you buy from a shop you have it in your hot little hand when you hand over your hard earned cash.

Dennis Richey
Old 03-22-2006, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

I Just looked at the item and I definitely can see Turbo II on the pipe (slightly but it's there). I think this guy just can't take photos!

BK
Old 03-22-2006, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

see for yourself, you can always tell an RD pipe by the pressure fitting. Or should I say the factory that makes it. They are the only ones that use that round boss fitting setup.
Attached Thumbnails Knock-Off real car parts , now knock-off rc parts.-tse1217c5a640.jpg   Knock-Off real car parts , now knock-off rc parts.-70_1_b.jpg  

Last edited by Motorman; 03-22-2006 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mxwrench
I Just looked at the item and I definitely can see Turbo II on the pipe (slightly but it's there). I think this guy just can't take photos!

BK
Wow your right. I looked over that photo hard probably 20 times and didnt see it. Now i do. Well thank goodness. Cause I was going to say oh boy here we go. But isnt it my luck to miss that.

Also, Dennis thanks for spoting out the pipe and for helping point out some other issues of knock offs. Funny how all the pipe companies seem to have another hand in other pipe companies...weither some like it or not , lol.

But beyond that. Just didnt want to see hard earned money and hard built names go to waste....I swore with him sitting the pipe on the shirt it was faker than fake. I thought how crafty of this guy to try this hard....but now I see its just a bad photo and yeah it looks like he probably did give this one a polish so its probably harder to see. As well he just doesnt know how to list items.

Now I feel better.