R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-22-2006, 12:37 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default 29th Annual Texas Biggie, May 26 - 29

Start making plans and get your entry in for the 29th Annual TEXAS BIGGIE for 2006!

Memorial Day Weekend 05/26-29/2006
RCRCNT Raceway- Rendon, TX
www.rcrcnt.com

Schedule:
Friday- Open Practice
Saturday- morning prqactice and 3 qualifiers
Sunday- morning prqactice and 3 qualifiers
* lower mains run on Sunday evening as well
Monday- Main Finals

2 car bump ups

Classes: 1/8 Open
200mm Fuel Touring
1/8 Masters
200mm Fuel Touring Masters
1/8 Spec (rules attached to next post)

Race Flyer and sign-up link: http://www.rcfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11690

Last edited by veesix; 03-28-2006 at 06:29 AM.
veesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:46 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Here's is a PDF version of the Biggie entry form. See yall there!!!!!!!

Last edited by P2gee; 04-05-2006 at 09:05 AM.
P2gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 07:59 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to JAG Racing
Default New track surface

If you havent driven the track in 2006, you should come see for yourself how much better the track surface is.... what a fun track now!
JAG Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:43 PM   #4
Tech Adept

It is a different surface and liked by many that have been on the previous surface. It is alot smoother too.
sook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 02:25 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Default surface

did they rip up the whole track and start over?
Old 03-25-2006, 07:08 AM   #6
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to JAG Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocca30
Check out the RCRCNT 2006 promotional video for all of the details....

http://www.rcrcnt.com/
JAG Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 05:39 AM   #7
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG Racing
Check out the RCRCNT 2006 promotional video for all of the details....

http://www.rcrcnt.com/

Great video!!! Does anyone know what they are spraying the track with for traction?
rc racing dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:12 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

About the only problem we have with the track since the sand based sealer was applied is the light dust that settles on the surface during periods on non use. The past 3 or 4 club races we have just hit the track with a light coat of sugar water to settle this dust and after about 30-40 minutes practice things are good!!
Old 03-27-2006, 04:49 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ok who from Florida is going??????
Old 03-28-2006, 07:35 AM   #10
Tech Apprentice

We will have a permanent (20'x60') covered pit spaces this year. In the past we have rented a tent and could adjust the size for the amount of sign ups. This year when the covered spaces are sold out that's it. If you want to have the best pit location, where all the "action" is then reserve your spot early this year. A "gang box" power source will be run to the pit area, so you will also get power with your pit space (bring an extension cord).
Flatous Tires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:54 PM   #11
Tech Initiate

ttt
veesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:17 PM   #12
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

The following is a quote posted by Bob Ingersoll on RCFiles:

Quote:
Check it out...Lower entry fee!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Ya'll,
Check out the new attachment above...After listening to some valued feedback from people we respect and having the opportunity to talk it over amongst ourselves,we have lowered the entry fee to $50.00 for the first class and $40.00 for the second class! Also, you may enter as many classes as you like up to a maximum of three. So, if you want to run 1/8 Open, and Spec and Masters, or 200MM Sedan Masters and 200MM Sedan, go for it!
Since 2003, when we took out the mortgage on the land, we have worked very hard to build a facility that everyone would not only be proud to have been invloved in constructing, but to have a facility that every racer would want to come to. I don't have to tell you that this task is not easy. There are a number of things involved, not the least of which is the skill to build it, and a little bit of luck. When we started we didn't want a "PAD" of asphalt, we wanted a ribbon. We have some talented individuals in our club, in part because we live in an area that has a great deal of skilled people. We have been very fortunate over the years to continually replace the people that move on with others equally as talented in a variety of fields. I know personally, there were excellent people when I got involved in 1989 and there will be others if I move on. That is good luck, we have it in the people we have, and they have the skills to orchestrate such a project. I am not going to get into the things we did wrong, those of you who have been so gracious to stay with us for the last two years, we appreciate your patience.
Now it is time for us to give a little back and that is why we have reduced the entry fee.
Join us, we are looking forward to seeing you.

Bob

Last edited by Flatous Tires; 04-19-2006 at 06:59 PM. Reason: I can't seem to spell Ingersoll right!
Old 04-01-2006, 09:36 AM   #13
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocca30
No, if you've raced this track you know it had some bad bumps. It also had an extreme variance in texture from all the grinding and patching we did for a year as each specific problem was identified. We finally acheived our goal of removing all the bumps and patching the dips. Some of these were a small dip just before a small bump that weren't obvious. Areas that didn't effect the 1/8 scale were a problem for the .12 class.

Yes, it took a long time. A lot of the obvious stuff was taken care of on our 1st couple trys, but the texture got really rough in places we aggressively ground. It took several more races to locate the scratch marks where cars were still bottoming out.

After we got to the point that grinding and patching was complete it was time to address the inconsistent traction from all the different textures. We resealed it with a coal tar sealer with suspended sand. We had input from the another track that had a little too much sand in their sealer for a base line. We added a fraction of that to our mix and sprayed a test area in the dead area of the oval. We let it dry, inspected it and repeated this process until we got an area that looked right to everyone there. Then we sprayed the track with a heavy coat. This has made an incredible difference.

Now we just blow the track off, lay down a thin amount of sugar water (this is just to bind the dust remaining) and within 30 minutes to an hour, depending on how many cars, we are ready for qualifying (well, the track is ready). I have raced many tracks, but I've never been on a track that I could run the tires down to the plastic like you can here.

This is also one of the most car friendly tracks I have been on. Think about it. On a boarded track (still a great way to race) there is no run off. You are running as close to the boards as possible in some places. Here, you have a minimum of 1' from a corner berm and 3-4' on other parts of the track before you can hit a board. Yes, you can launch your car on a few of the corners, but you have to be running such a bad line that you know it's your fault. Pretty much every corner will allow you to run onto them without flipping your car. If you are on the berm you are 1' off the track and they will upset you car enough that it will cost you time.

I'll even make this personal guarantee. If you sign up and after the first day of open practice, you can look me in the eye and you can honestly say "This track sucks!" I will refund your full entry fee! I'll even thank you for at least forming your opinion first hand instead of "Something you read on RC....". Of course you will not get to race.

Last edited by Flatous Tires; 04-09-2006 at 10:38 PM.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:17 AM   #14
Tech Regular

Cool

Please be alerted that in my post #2 above there is a new and improved PDF version of the Biggie entry form. After some major input from our extended racer friends and some minor discussion among our immediate club members, it was decided to reduce entry fees $10 across the board. If you have a copy of the previous PDF and have not sent it in, trash it and download the new version above. Thanks and hope to see everyone Memorial Day weekend!!

Last edited by P2gee; 04-05-2006 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:40 AM   #15
Tech Apprentice

The track has improved tremendously. This year should be great. By the way if anyone wants to get practice on the track before come and join the Series Race April 29-30 you will not be disappointed...Great to hear the entry fee is lowered....50 bucks alright...

Garrick
chemlab is offline   Reply With Quote