R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   RC ladies? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/106914-rc-ladies.html)

Orfeous 03-22-2006 02:15 AM

RC ladies?

I wonder if there are any girls/ladies that drives RC in this forum?
It is little sad that there are often just men/boys that drives..
more girls/ladies at the tracks please!! :)

I'm trying to get my GF drive a car too but it isnt so easy :) byt im trying.. haha..

Kyosho3PKRacer 03-22-2006 02:46 AM

But imagine how you will feel when you lose to a girl :cry: , i know there is a german girl that drives 1/5 and is very very good i think one of the top drivers even.

I do agree though car racing has always been looked at as a mans sport, there are a few girls here and there but not as much as there should be.

Orfeous 03-22-2006 02:56 AM

Loosing to a girl is not a problem.. just to accept that you lost :) break down and come back :D
It had been funnier if there where more girls driving.. its too man's dominated.

Kyosho3PKRacer 03-22-2006 03:20 AM

That should be a incentive for girls to start racing, they should think oh theres only a few of us imagine how good we look when we start beating all these guys :lol:

fritzD 03-22-2006 03:28 AM

i think the number of girls who play rc i the entire world can be counted... wahahahah :D :D :D :D let's get girls into this hobby!! hehehe

Orfeous 03-22-2006 03:38 AM

I agree!

There are many girls with motorsports as a intrest.. but how can we invite them to this sport? I think to have a "try"-day for girls have been great?
Or make a car with a little more feminin look and easy to drive and few setting possibles :) make it so easy it can be. But i think that isnt a good thing.. to make a car with only few settings :D the car wont drive good on the track then :P

A friend of mine was on a competition that a girl was on the startline :D that was cool to me :) I think girls can be very good drivers acutally.

Kyosho3PKRacer 03-22-2006 03:45 AM

All you need is kyosho or serpent to bring out a nice pink car with furry fluffy crap on it and cute little mirrors and somewhere to hold the lipstick and a 30 min pit stop during a final for some hair and nail time and you will have yourself another 5000 drivers.

Girls see it as toys though, we see it as a cheap substitute for real racing :lol: when i say cheap i mean maybe 2K a year instead of 100K even then girls will not be happy about it when you could be spending that on them.

But that definately would be nice having a girlfriend that drives aswell, everytime you buy her something it can be something for her r/c car so its a win win situation.

No more spending hours at the mall finding some kind of perfume, straight to the hobby shop and buy her a new starterbox and battery!

fritzD 03-22-2006 03:52 AM

Right on!!!
wahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Secret_weapon 03-22-2006 03:56 AM

Man, I still remember the lady who joined kyosho 5th world cup in Dubai, UAE.

She had the best lap time for the first 2 days, she was Japanese.

Orfeous 03-22-2006 04:01 AM

hehe, but they can at least try the sport! instead of saying that cars..etc.. is just for men.

Maybe the future will tell if its gonna be some girl drivers :P i hope so!
it is an social sport.. and funny and good for the whole family. mom, dad, grandmother.. etc :)

maskedrider 03-22-2006 05:39 AM

I had a lady driver on my town... :cool:

She had make it to B-main champion driving Kyosho :cool:

of course natually her Trademark car body colour is Pink :blush: :blush:

Orfeous 03-22-2006 05:48 AM

Cool :P

dnitro 03-22-2006 06:14 AM

That would be great if my wife got into racing! I wouldn't have to wait till she's asleep or out of the house to tinker with my car. But then again, she'd find out just how much I spend on this hobby. Not a good thing.

If racetracks had better bathroom facilities, maybe more girls would come out and play.
There is a little girl, about 8-10 years old, who pits for his dad and turn marshals for him at the local track. I think thats sooo cool! I'll try to get my daughter into this hobby when she grows up.

maskedrider 03-22-2006 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by dnitro
That would be great if my wife got into racing! I wouldn't have to wait till she's asleep or out of the house to tinker with my car. But then again, she'd find out just how much I spend on this hobby. Not a good thing.

we are at the same boat :cry: :cry:

andyobaez 03-22-2006 06:40 AM

My wife use to be my pit person.
I'm grateful she didn't complain on how much time and money I spent in this hobby, she always goes with me to the races. Some people think she knows more than me about the hobby and ask her for setup tips. :lol: :lol:

She tries to race once but said that get dizzy and prefer to give me instructions from the pit. :ha: :ha: :D

I need to be honest every time she didn't pit me I lost. :weird:

I don't know what I go to do now that she is pregnant and can help me in the pits. :cry: :cry: