R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-22-2006, 09:40 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Orfeous Send a message via AIM to Orfeous Send a message via MSN to Orfeous Send a message via Yahoo to Orfeous

sounds nice to have a wife who seams to like your hobby
im have told my GF that she are gonna help me in the pit and the track..

car-keeper and start it up again.. fuel fill etc... :P
Orfeous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 10:03 AM   #17

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Why do women get dizzy so much. Mine gets dizzy when playing games like unreal tournament and battlefield 2.

But the other day I let her try VRC and normally she puts everything down that she sucks at. But she did like 30 laps and kinda had a smile on her face.

I always ask her if she wants me to make her a car so we can play around and race each other. Shes also driven a few of my cars , she goes so slow and cautious its funny.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 10:31 AM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I let my girlfriend drive my M18 this past winter and said to pull the trigger just a little and push it forward to stop. I also said that she could not hurt the car no worse than I could. So I handed the radio over to her and she starts to drive.

First things first- She does not understand what a brake is, she only knows what full throttle is. I think she has been watching me drive but she missed the turning part.

-I think that she started driving in brail, becasue she hit every wall a few times. I know I was bad when I started and maybe this was to much for her.

-When she finished driving, she completed 3/4 of a lap, broke the front bumper and said "I can not do this, I dont have the patients"

All I can say is that I tried, next she drives one of my cars it will probley be my TT-01.
ChrisR40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 10:39 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

I just got my g/f a car to mess around with and for the second day of practicing she's getting alot better. First time out she couldn't go down the straight without hitting one of the sides now she goes around the track mostly without hitting anything but at a slow speed(she gets nervous when other people have their cars on the track). She's been pitting for me(the best she can) and learning about soldering and charging batteries so hopefully she'll be ready to race in a few months.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:55 AM   #20
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to andyobaez Send a message via Yahoo to andyobaez
Cool

Don't know why she get dizzy, she plays with the VRC and have no problems at all. But is you put her in a track she star hitting the sizes even in the straight.
I think is becuase she knows how much cost to fix a car after a crash , that's why she didn't like to race.
http://www.facebook.com/pitlanehobby
andyobaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 11:05 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Would you date a girl who has dirty and greasy hands
Xyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 11:59 AM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyvern
Would you date a girl who has dirty and greasy hands
don't worry, even a guy will wash his hand before going date(unless you are the few exception ), how would a girl not do the same?
Old 03-22-2006, 12:11 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi I'm a girl racer and have been racing for 19 years. Many girls are intimidated by the guys in this hobby. I frequently come across a lot of racers who have a bad attitude toward women in the sport. Usually their tune changes when they see me on the track. Some people make a big deal that I'm a girl racer that can actually drive. Most of the time I just want to be seen as the same as everyone else. Some other girl racers have told me I give them inspiration to do better and race more. In my opionion many guys out there have made women feel uncomfortable at the track and then they quit racing all together. I too wish there were more women racers.
CarissaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:22 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default girlies

here in vegas we have a young lady who races 8th scale & sedan shes a tenn ager shes very good we dont give her any of that trouble good luck shes always at the big races see ya
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:55 PM   #25
Tech Rookie

Well obviously by the name im a girl, although I don't do much racing, I just pit for my boyfriend. I did have an r40 for about a race, it didnt last very long, I have a hard time with the brake...Im really good with the gas, and letting off, its just that exta push forward to hit the brake that I can't seem to get a hold of. I have messed around with 12th scale, and I like it a lot, I don't have to do the brake thing as much. But really thought I just enjoy going and helping out, last year I ran the computer for our club, it was a lot of fun, so i'll probably just stick to that. I do agree thought it would be nice to have more ladies around thats for sure. But i would agree the bathrooms can be pretty nasty...all I have to say is Ft. Myers for the Winter Nats..and big blue porta johns..EWWWWW
Mandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 02:01 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Orfeous Send a message via AIM to Orfeous Send a message via MSN to Orfeous Send a message via Yahoo to Orfeous

Nice to have girls posting in my topic!!
i wanted to see if there are any girls who drives..

i agree to the girl who said that many guys have bad attitudes when girls/women drives.. the guy/man are becomming a more macho man and have the tune that the girl are wurthless..blabla.. that is unacceptable..
girls and womens must be threated just like all other guy/men racers..
I would love to race against a girl and let her give me tips and so for me..

dont know if anyone understood what i said

/Anton
Old 03-22-2006, 02:35 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I was hoping that my girl would like racing so that we could have long talks about setup and how to drive through the corners. I would also be nice to talk about drafting, everybody remember "Days of Thunder"
ChrisR40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 02:41 PM   #28
Tech Rookie

Hi guys & girls, just puttin in my 2 cents worth. My wife has been racing for over 15 years now, almost as long as I have been racing. Started in electric off road truck & buggy and then electric touring cars. She started in novice class and after a couple of years was bumped up into sportsman class. She now has been racing nitro on road for several years, running 1/10 235mm class, touring/sedan class and runs with the big boys in 1/8 scale 4wd and does quite well getting plenty of cheers and support from other racers, even the ones she beats. I'll bet that therer are probably some racers reading this thread that has been at the track and watched or raced with her. We are regulars here in the So Cal area. Don't be afraid ladies, tell your guys that you would like to try it sometime you just might like it and there is always room for another "FAST" chick..
jwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:33 PM   #29
Tech Regular

we must figure out what we can do to make girls wanna get into this sport..
Old 03-22-2006, 04:36 PM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orfeous
we must figure out what we can do to make girls wanna get into this sport..
Maybe Free race entry fee like what they do at the nightclubs?
ogreasurada is offline   Reply With Quote