R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-26-2002, 11:40 PM   #46
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default 235's

I've seen the same thing, sorta around here...we've lost a few, but they're claiming to coming back. They're really the perfect car for our track, the Sugarbowl. The 8ths can't top out down the straight(or so they say), and they're 2-3 secs faster than Pro-driven TC's (R.Burch, McNalley).

There's gonna be a good group of them next year at our track, Stefan, who comes here, and the fastest 6-9 others of the TC group have all gotten cars. I'm getting ready to run the car at the WinterNats in FtMyers, FL in a couple of months, and there'll prolly be 40-50 cars at that event...there's a buch of 'em still running in Florida.

Like the thread title says, it the best class to run!

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 02:12 PM   #47
Tech Master

Anyone have a big block turbo .15 for sale?

JP, NovaRossi, Nova Mega, RB, etc?

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:59 AM   #48
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default 235mm 4wd Worlds!!!

Yesss---!!!!! IFMAR has made a World Championship for the 235mm 4wd class that will run concurrently with the 200mm TC WOrlds!!!

Boy-I better start practicing!!! Gotta get ready so I can make my run at the J-main at the Worlds!!! hahaha!!!! Or is that still being too hopeful!!!

The 835's are SWEEET!!! THree buddies built them up for Ft. Myers. I just hope my WC02 can still hang. I think it will be fine!!!

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 12:37 PM   #49
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I wish this class was more popular here...its mostly 1/8 scale now.
Turbo9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 01:18 PM   #50
Tech Elite

Here we run 235mm 2WD and is very restrictive, slowly the class had shrinked up to the lowest level. Last smash was done by the fact that a 200mm touring equipped with a .12 can burn the 'in theory' more powerful, more speedier 235mm cars.

When we went to the track with a 200mm cars, 235mm and 1/8 saw us like strangers but this year.... Requiescat In Pacem 235mm maybe next year revives in the form of 4WD but for now, the scale is dead here. High prices of competitive engines is one of the causes, check this:

- Novarrosi S3 .12 engine: 235 Euros.
- JP .12 engine: 330 Euros.
- JP .15 engine: 390 Euros.
- Novarrosi R1 .21 'Race': 430 Euros.
- JP .21 'Kangaroo': 525 Euros.

.15 engines are canibalized by the power and price of .12 and hadn't any opportunity of compete with .21's. Nowadays, for me is an unnatural class.

Have a 1/8 and have a 200mm car, much things should change for that I start to mind another time on a 235mm car. When I want to have a frightening fast and heavy tachicardia I go with my 1/8, when I want to race with my friends got my 200mm car, what can we ask more?

PS: Someone said that 1/8 is cheap.... not here at least. During a practice day, you can burn up to two complete sets of tyres and are quite expensive a set can cost about 40 Euros, not counting fuel, plugs and if you broke something the spares, but like that wicked acceleration and speed of 1/8 scale.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 03:43 PM   #51
Tech Master

235mm 4WD is picking up in the UK again. In Northern Ireland 235mm never even started. We all went to the Mainland UK or ove the border to the Republic to race 235mm. But now we have a big boom going and will be racing these as a proper class this year.

I reckon we will have at least 12 of these on the track to start with and the numbers will grow.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 05:19 PM   #52
Tech Master

235mm Outlaw 4wd is the best class. These cars have the handling of the 8th scalers and will blow the doors off any 200mm car.

Gonna be a great race at the WinerNats...looking forward to some great competition

With IFMAR allowing the class I hope it explodes worldwide.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels