R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-14-2002, 12:37 AM   #16
Tech Regular

i find rossi after run fluid great

because it is thinner than normal after run fluids, so it goes every where

and that the fulid has a higer burning poit so if u put it in a hot eninge after use it will not make the intnals black after using other types

and it dont take long to get it out of the engine the next time u start it unlike other ones that takes a few laps before it comes good
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 12:53 AM   #17
Tech Regular

wd 40 displaces water hence the name WD and WD 40 is not a catalyst. so it will not eat metal, it is a penatrent. And mobil 1 will not gum up at all, but that upper cylinder lube (MM)will. znd the Z-max will remove carbon
nova racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 12:07 AM   #18
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by nova racer
wd 40 displaces water hence the name WD and WD 40 is not a catalyst. so it will not eat metal, it is a penatrent. And mobil 1 will not gum up at all, but that upper cylinder lube (MM)will. znd the Z-max will remove carbon
WD40 is primarily a solvent. Spray it on any gummy-oily substance and watch it soften and dissipate it. Look at the ingredients. You want to put an OIL in your motor, not a solvent. The solvent won't, itelf, eat metal, but since it won't displace the methanol, which attracts water, it won't stop water (moisture) from attacking your innards, either.

It's not the regular auto motor oil, itself, that gums up motors, it's the automotive specific additives and ALL of them, Mobil 1 included, have them. 3-1 and Marvel don't (and neither do most after run oils since nearly all of them are Marvel or 3-1 based).

What is Z-Max? Haven't heard of that.

I have, however, thought about using some Prolong now and again, but only thought about it and only about using it like once or twice only.
Old 12-16-2002, 02:04 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Boomer
WD40 is primarily a solvent. Spray it on any gummy-oily substance and watch it soften and dissipate it. Look at the ingredients. You want to put an OIL in your motor, not a solvent. The solvent won't, itelf, eat metal, but since it won't displace the methanol, which attracts water, it won't stop water (moisture) from attacking your innards, either.

It's not the regular auto motor oil, itself, that gums up motors, it's the automotive specific additives and ALL of them, Mobil 1 included, have them. 3-1 and Marvel don't (and neither do most after run oils since nearly all of them are Marvel or 3-1 based).

What is Z-Max? Haven't heard of that.

I have, however, thought about using some Prolong now and again, but only thought about it and only about using it like once or twice only.
this is where i got my info from
http://rcboat.com/after.htm
nova racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 06:44 AM   #20

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

MY point exactly Boomer! BB
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 09:52 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by nova racer
this is where i got my info from
http://rcboat.com/after.htm
He has some problems there - first, Nitro itself isn't the corrosive portion. It may be corrosive, but our problem comes from the hydroscopic properties of methanol, which is the primary ingredient of our fuel. Hydroscopic means that it attracts moisture - which IS corrosive.

This Gary - running an after-run mixture of methanol (hydroscopic) and oil. . .well, I don't see how it actually helps things unless it is a huge percentage of oil.

Anyway, Marvel is cheap, it works great, it's what most RC'ers are using (since it's what most after-run oils are made of) so, why not!?
Old 12-16-2002, 10:10 AM   #22
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Boomer
He has some problems there - first, Nitro itself isn't the corrosive portion. It may be corrosive, but our problem comes from the hydroscopic properties of methanol, which is the primary ingredient of our fuel. Hydroscopic means that it attracts moisture - which IS corrosive.

This Gary - running an after-run mixture of methanol (hydroscopic) and oil. . .well, I don't see how it actually helps things unless it is a huge percentage of oil.

Anyway, Marvel is cheap, it works great, it's what most RC'ers are using (since it's what most after-run oils are made of) so, why not!?
simple is the best !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 12:52 PM   #23
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish

My personal conclusion on this is find the one that WORKS and very INEXPENSIVE.
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote