R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-27-2001, 07:38 PM   #16
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragon
im curious too, how come so many people choose the V1R over the Mugen....its almost the same....

Alien, u said u choose the V1R...why?...does it look better??
it is because V1R is much newer GP TC and you can choose your own engine rather then you have to get a MT12 with no choice. Besides, there are tons of hop up for V1R and you can personalize you V1R in your own taste.

Besides, kyosho parts a lot more cheaper over mugen.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 07:45 AM   #17
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 7
Default

Sorry guys, lost internet access for the last couple of days, (dont ask why). I choose V1R over MTX because I have a strong gut feel that MTX3 will be out soon with a laid-down servo and a irregular shape fuel tank. Think about it, MTX2 is about 2 years old already. Although V1R have lots of option parts, on the other hand, MTX save you the hassle to decide which option to get.
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 08:30 AM   #18
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Alien
Sorry guys, lost internet access for the last couple of days, (dont ask why). I choose V1R over MTX because I have a strong gut feel that MTX3 will be out soon with a laid-down servo and a irregular shape fuel tank. Think about it, MTX2 is about 2 years old already. Although V1R have lots of option parts, on the other hand, MTX save you the hassle to decide which option to get.
well, either one works great !!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 09:02 PM   #19
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 7
Default

Manticore -- you mentioned that V1R is easier to drive, given i am an ameature driver, should i pick V1R over MTX then?? I am surprised that V1R has a stronger chassis, i though Mugen parts is much stronger that V1R.
If you can only keep one car, and you can add all options you want, which one will you keep?
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 02:55 AM   #20
Regional Moderator
 
disaster999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,175
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

i agree that v1r parts are more cheaper then mugen!!
disaster999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 03:22 AM   #21
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Alien
Manticore -- you mentioned that V1R is easier to drive, given i am an ameature driver, should i pick V1R over MTX then?? I am surprised that V1R has a stronger chassis, i though Mugen parts is much stronger that V1R.
If you can only keep one car, and you can add all options you want, which one will you keep?
both car are for drivers who are looking for performance. if you are a beginner or a leisure driver, I suggest you to get the Vone S instead as it includes and pull start engine. the V1S has the same durability as the V1R except it is less expensive marginal on performance.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 05:00 AM   #22
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 7
Default

I had a V1S and I am looking for an upgrade. I like my V1S very much -- easy to start and great engine for my purposes.
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 09:11 AM   #23
Tech Regular
 
Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: EaSt SiNgApOrE
Posts: 467
Send a message via ICQ to Dragon
Default

how about the serpent impulse??
....how come no one compare to it??....is it good?
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 09:56 AM   #24
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragon
how about the serpent impulse??
....how come no one compare to it??....is it good?
Very expensive spare prices!! I'll let Manticore fill you in on the rest!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 10:03 AM   #25
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm


Very expensive spare prices!! I'll let Manticore fill you in on the rest!
let him read thru the column first !!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 08:51 AM   #26
Tech Regular
 
Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: EaSt SiNgApOrE
Posts: 467
Send a message via ICQ to Dragon
Default

yup, i read the comments, most say its a better car, only that its expensive....but only few have them.....most would choose a v1r over it......

cost really palys a big part in this hobby huh.....
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 08:58 AM   #27
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragon
yup, i read the comments, most say its a better car, only that its expensive....but only few have them.....most would choose a v1r over it......

cost really palys a big part in this hobby huh.....
It is a bit different in this part of the world. The serpent impluse here are all dead meat even the dealer here has most of the top drivers for it. It is still MTX2 and V1R leading the pace for all races so far.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 09:19 AM   #28
Tech Regular
 
adelmundo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragon
yup, i read the comments, most say its a better car, only that its expensive....but only few have them.....most would choose a v1r over it......

cost really palys a big part in this hobby huh.....
I would rather get a car with lower parts costs because if you're like me and not sponsored, you will break parts (and for me that's quite often) and you will have to pay for them out of pocket. The V-One R has better parts availability and lower cost where I am from than Serpent, and I used to own an Impulse at one time as well.
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 04:24 AM   #29
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by adelmundo


I would rather get a car with lower parts costs because if you're like me and not sponsored, you will break parts (and for me that's quite often) and you will have to pay for them out of pocket. The V-One R has better parts availability and lower cost where I am from than Serpent, and I used to own an Impulse at one time as well.
Serpent does not follow the global economy situation but the Japanese does ! RC product are getting way better value for money.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 12:57 PM   #30
Tech Adept
 
Snake_bit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by adelmundo


I would rather get a car with lower parts costs because if you're like me and not sponsored, you will break parts (and for me that's quite often) and you will have to pay for them out of pocket. The V-One R has better parts availability and lower cost where I am from than Serpent, and I used to own an Impulse at one time as well.
I think It kinda Funny one place has No trouble getting Parts For One Car and Not The other I have 2 Serpent Impulses and I can have 98% of the parts At My Door In 2 days and I have No Place to Get Parts For the V-One-R. and a few places to get the parts For the Mugen.
Snake_bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:47 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net