Best Overall 1/10 Nitro Touringcar

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Overall 1/10 Nitro Touringcar

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

Jus checkin, yes the evo had fragile steering no doubt along with other things. However I don't think we based anything off the 710. There was alot of mugen study and kyosho study though.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motorman2
Jus checkin, yes the evo had fragile steering no doubt along with other things.
That steering system killed me in the GLC really good car had a nice set up for it as well
Good luck with G4S Motorman drop me a line when the team is in Fla
Old 03-15-2006, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

we were just there. I heard you moved down there. Maybe we'll see you at the GLC. People tend to use G4 generically thats why I posted what I did.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Motorman2
we were just there. I heard you moved down there. Maybe we'll see you at the GLC. People tend to use G4 generically thats why I posted what I did.
Yeah moved up here in October not enough time for me to prepare for the Winternats but was able to go down for the open practice & put both cars on the track. well there is always next year do know if i may be able to make the GLC this year but who knows there is a lot of time left would love 2 go that is an awesome track.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Tech Rookie

kyosho updates their car too often these 3-4 yrs how many version had came out the FW-05,FW-O5RR,V1-RR Evolution,V1-RRR...and maybe an new version of the V1-RRR might come out leaves us with many useless spares.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:51 PM
Tech Rookie

G4 version is not too good too but from the feedback from racers definietly worth an investment ..price is good too...first version of G4 had got many issue....than came the Mongoose and finally the G4S which solved many issue.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by saint22
kyosho updates their car too often these 3-4 yrs how many version had came out the FW-05,FW-O5RR,V1-RR Evolution,V1-RRR...and maybe an new version of the V1-RRR might come out leaves us with many useless spares.
I think everyone is past that point
name one manufacturer that has not done the same to keep up with the competitive edge & then what will be your point!
Old 03-15-2006, 07:53 PM
Tech Adept

serpent has a new car coming out
Old 03-15-2006, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 710baby
I think everyone is past that point
name one manufacturer that has not done the same to keep up with the competitive edge & then what will be your point!
We all know manufactures update their stuff to be competitive. But some brands do it faster than others. For this reason, I chose Mugen. Kyosho seems to update or change their car too often as Serpent has...
Old 03-16-2006, 12:33 AM
Tech Adept

What about the Kyosho FW-05RR
I would say that the 3R would be the best idea as they perform good on loose surfaces better setup options (beside Serpent) fast, strong, Handles great and very popular.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
There is not "best" car out of the group you listed; they are all pretty much on the same plain. It all depends on your preference. If Mugen parts are hard to get in your area, then you have knocked on off your list already. Find a car that you are comfortable with and just roll with it. Do you due diligence on all the cars and pick the one that you feel is suited for your situation.
JLock gave the most realistic answer so far ...

I've got the MTX3, MTX4, G4, G4S, tested the RRR (stock) and the 710. I can honestly say they're close (except the original G4) but my preference would be to take the 710 for racing.

Here we race large tracks and small tracks, hi-speed as well as technical tracks (all natural, unprepared without sugar water etc) and the 710 for me is the best all round car. There are rumours about an update to the 710 and no doubt there will be. Serpent is always working on some improvement on their cars, just like someone said about all manufacturers ealier in this forum thread, with the World Championship coming later this year, every one of them want to be ready to give it their best shot.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

RRR all the way....
Old 03-16-2006, 05:32 AM
Tech Adept

Serpent 710
Old 03-16-2006, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Here we race large tracks and small tracks, hi-speed as well as technical tracks (all natural, unprepared without sugar water etc) and the 710 for me is the best all round car.
We got a small technical tracks track with natural, unprepared without sugar water and low grip surface...
Did you run the 710 in box stock form or used front spool and rear gear diff instead of ball diff?
Old 03-16-2006, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Riketsu
We all know manufactures update their stuff to be competitive. But some brands do it faster than others. For this reason, I chose Mugen. Kyosho seems to update or change their car too often as Serpent has...
Mugen is in the same boat maybe a year at a time they update it.
I recall the MTX3 Then the prospec within a year from that the MTX4 came out who knows then maybe this year or next the MTX4 prospec will be out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.