Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pit Bags

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 07:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Pit Bags

I am in the market for a new pit bag for all my on road stuff. I am really tired of making 4 trips downstairs then out to the tuck just to get it all loaded up. Then another 4 trips once I get to the track. I mean, starter box, Gal. of fuel, transmitter bag, extra tires and parts, car, rags setup board, on and on.

What are the best pit bags for 1/10 fuel?

I usually keep all my tools, and extra glow plus in a plano clear case, just 'cause I use the same ones in my 1/8 off road and it is easy to swap between the two. BTW I have found a "Dirt Bag" works really good for the off road stuff.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:59 AM

We have tried several things.. here is the only three choices that you need to decide according to your most needs

Xray Team Carrying bag.. interchangeble inserts, the boxes made of plastic in which can be easily clean out and wont detoriate/dent/bent as if it were carton box.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...&kategoria=680

Team Magic bag: carton box tipe, the only good thing about this, they have roller that you can easly troll it away. The catch are, they are extremely heavy and the zipper could not be locked when travelling.

http://new.teammagic.com.tw:8080/tea...9212&pageNum=1

If you do not mind storing your car in the box WITHOUT body shell, and you dont have too much thing to carry.. you might wanted to go with the old, famous, and reliable kyosho red pitbox.. Sorry, I do not have the link picture to it.

PS: I have them all including others such as KO, kyosho carton box bag tipe, and pretty much other brand.. But I like the Xray best to my needs. Lightweight, higly durable, and can be lock when travelling. Please note, this is only my personal prefferences, others may not agreed as we all have different priority. Hope it helps
Old 05-04-2005, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Why not save $40-$60 and buy a rectanguler duffle/sports bag? I went to Sports Authority and bought a nice Adidas bag on sale (no need for brand name). It will hold everything you mentioned, plus some. Nice and stealthy - perfect for airport transportation.

The downfall is that you do not get the internal boxes, but I am sure you could piece boxes together to fit in the bag. I used some Rubbermaid boxes of different sizes to piece mine up.

I would use a crate for fuel storage.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:51 AM

Adidas still branded, no? But what a great alternative..
Old 05-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Pyramid
Adidas still branded, no? But what a great alternative..
in your team x-ray bag, you can fit your car in there? when you fly, you have to check in or do you carry on? also, do you feel that it will protect your r/c stuff when checking in?
Old 05-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

For gas touring , the OFNA bag is great. Your car will fit in it, it has a place for your starter box, it comes with a radio bag that straps to it. And, it has wheels on it. Ihave tried every bag out there, this is the one I like. I have also checked it in as baggage, it seemed to hold up well. Oh yea it also has a tool bag too
Old 05-04-2005, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The RD Logics bag is pretty good too. Starter box, car , radio and spare tires all fit inside and there is a big external pocket and 2 side pockets for odds and ends. Still carry a tool box for my fuel and tools.http://www.rdlogics.com/cgi-bin/cate...010&type=store
Old 05-04-2005, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Dreddlox
The RD Logics bag is pretty good too. Starter box, car , radio and spare tires all fit inside and there is a big external pocket and 2 side pockets for odds and ends. Still carry a tool box for my fuel and tools.http://www.rdlogics.com/cgi-bin/cate...010&type=store
The RD bags are really cool. The 1/8th bag has two really big boxes that will hold a 1/8th offroad or onroad car and the 1/10th box has three smaller boxes about the size of the Mgen bag.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by WARDO
For gas touring , the OFNA bag is great. Your car will fit in it, it has a place for your starter box, it comes with a radio bag that straps to it. And, it has wheels on it. Ihave tried every bag out there, this is the one I like. I have also checked it in as baggage, it seemed to hold up well. Oh yea it also has a tool bag too

This bag is by far the best Bag Hands down.......it also comes with a tool pouch that neatly fits zippered on the top of the bag.....and on the side were you put your starter box a gallon a fuel also fits..
not to mention the removable radio bag.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:33 PM
Tech Initiate

I have checked out the team Magic one, but the boxes looked kind of small.

The RD Logics looks really nice, how big are the boxes and does it roll easily?

Xray, - looks really nice, I like the idea of the plastic boxes.

OFNA, I checked out their web site and could only find 2 bags, non with wheels.

SO MANY CHOICES, what ever happened to the good old Plano 747 tackle box?
Old 05-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

http://www.ofna.com/shop-bag.html

check out this link
Old 05-04-2005, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by robert maestrey
http://www.ofna.com/shop-bag.html

check out this link
OFNA pit bag holds everything.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:15 AM

Originally posted by joemugen
in your team x-ray bag, you can fit your car in there? when you fly, you have to check in or do you carry on? also, do you feel that it will protect your r/c stuff when checking in?
Yes, with body shell and checking in, not carry on. It protect way much better than the carton ox tipe as it wont bent.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey dude,

get the ofna bag you will definitely be a happy camper when hauling the stuff to the track.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The Mugen bag is nice and prety reasonable.

MUG-P0313= $55

Check www.nitrohouse.com or www.gasrccar.com

Last edited by cdelong; 05-05-2005 at 08:32 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.