R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-11-2006, 08:48 PM   #121
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

For the ones who have the integy and have problems are we all talking about the same model? Is it the one with the carrying case or what? I have no problem with that one at all cutting whatever tire. Heck let me charge up my gear incase I get to head out tomorrow.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:01 PM   #122
Tech Elite

i have the one that comes with the case,and a nice case it is
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:04 AM   #123
Tech Adept

i just scooped up the integy auto truer but it did not have a manual. the only thing that i have a question with is - to set the camber cut, i have to loosen the 2 screws on the bottom and just adjust it?

thanks in advance
nitrothugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:42 AM   #124
Tech Adept

Hi guys:

I've just bought a hudy tire truer and I'm disapointed with the carbide cutter... I used to have a 3 racing tire truer and usualy it cut the tire in only 1 cyle. With my huddy truer, I need to do several cycles (with the same diameter setings) and every cycle it cuts the tire a little. Moreover, the tire gets really hot. Is it normal? I think my carbide cutter is defective....

regards

Eduardo
eduardo_garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:12 AM   #125
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrothugg
i just scooped up the integy auto truer but it did not have a manual. the only thing that i have a question with is - to set the camber cut, i have to loosen the 2 screws on the bottom and just adjust it?

thanks in advance
Yes that is correct.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:29 AM   #126
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrothugg

thanks in advance
Hey nitorthugg,
I have 4 sets of new tires just waiting to be trued!! Bring that tire truer over and lets break it in while its under warranty.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:30 AM   #127
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurveTracer
Hey nitorthugg,
I have 4 sets of new tires just waiting to be trued!! Bring that tire truer over and lets break it in while its under warranty.

lol. as long as you let me help you break in that new hudy setup station!

i have played with it a little and do not notice any bogging yet but i'm only doing 1/10 scale tires with the hardest i tried at 42 shore. my question is, what kind of power supplies were people using? i have a converted pc power supply with 15 amps so i dont know if that is the difference.

my only other issue is that the ruler on the truer does not match what i have when i measure it (the tire) with my calipers. actually its quite different like 2-3mm at least. is there a way to dial in the truer to match my calipers or do i have to just file the end of the saw blade down?
nitrothugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:32 AM   #128
Tech Elite

I have had my Integy tire truer for almost four years not. The thing works great! I cut 1/10 and 1/8th tries all day. No problems what so ever. I don't treat the thing like its fragile and don't abuse it either. I do have to comment on Hudy tools vs. Intgy. Hudy steel is a lot stronger than Integy. I run Novarossi engines and have broken many Integy drivers while taking the engines apart. Hudy, I am still on the first driver.. Hudy, materials are a lot better. I'm just curious if the truers that Hudy sells are made by them ? They do look very simular to other truers.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:30 AM   #129
GK
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
...I'm just curious if the truers that Hudy sells are made by them ? They do look very simular to other truers.
Yes, Hudy makes their own truers, other similar looking truers are Hudy copies, but IMO they don't cut as good. I just replaced my Ofna auto truer with the Hudy one and noticed the difference right away after cutting first set of tires...

Last edited by GK; 03-03-2007 at 09:08 PM.
GK is offline   Reply With Quote