R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-14-2006, 02:44 AM   #46
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
What truer are you using? I wouldn't even think about trying to cut more than 2mm with my Integy.
No... I haven't got mine yet.... I'm considering to get one, maybe 3racing with hudy carbide cutter. My racing buddies cut tires for me at the moment.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:28 AM   #47
Tech Rookie

I have the Integy model. I have used it on 1/8 and 1/10 tires. I get better results by taking light cuts. My question, can I use the Hudy carbide cutter on this truer? How does the Hudy cutter mount? The current cutter looks like a hacksaw blade. Has anyone experimented with different hacksaw blades to see what cuts better?
bazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:38 AM   #48

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Says right in the integy instructions. You can use hardware saw blades.

As for the hudy bit Ive heard you can swap anything in.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:42 AM   #49

Also for me. It seems I have to do like 10 passes on a tire at the same level to get them perfectly defuzzed with the integy? Am I just wasting my time trying to get it perfect.

Basically I do it until I really dont hear anything forward and backwards. Ive taken off a good bit with my integy and didnt really hear any bogging.

Also im not sure about moving the wheel all the time. I just leave it at the exact level and go from there. That way its perfect , moving it and trying to set it im sure it doesnt set exactly (too bad they dont just use digital readouts). Youd figure someone like hudy would have a digital tire truer so you could play around with how you set it....for the price they could make it blue illuminated display...lol.

But other than that I find myself setting it and just doing many many passes on the tire.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:55 AM   #50
Tech Fanatic

I have a old maxmod AC one I have had for 15 years maby it is time for a change I like the hudy the best.
ilaybrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 07:04 AM   #51
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to andyobaez Send a message via Yahoo to andyobaez

I have the rd logics for more than a year now, works great.
I like it more than the hudy, I feel with the rd logic that I have the control of what's going on.
The RD Logic is a good choice.
http://www.facebook.com/pitlanehobby
andyobaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 07:07 AM   #52
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have the Integy Auto Truer and could not be happier with it (truing 1/8th tires). I put a HUDY bit on it and all I need to do was figure out the dial settings- they are not the same since the HUDY bit is shorter than the standard saw baldes.

I made a handy chart and laminated it to the top of my truer. You'd be surprised at the differences in dial settings vs. real diameter while changing the camber setting on the truer.

As for the fuzzing.... I had that when I started with the truer, but it all depends on the blade height and direction of rotation. I spin mine clockwise when looking from the end opposite the motor (pushing the top directional button). I had to move the HUDY bit up a touch. With the saw blades you need to have the teeth pointed into the directon of rotation.

The file attachment is in MS Word. See the difference in dial settings vs. actual result with the HUDY bit (and camber settings).
Attached Files
File Type: doc Integy Tire Truer.doc (24.0 KB, 154 views)
BYRON'S FUEL/TWISTER TIRES
cdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 12:39 PM   #53
Tech Champion

How about the angle position of the blade or cutter ? 180 degree ? 45 degree ? What do you recommend ?

I find 45 degree angle gives perfect flat tires than 180 degree ( slightly concave ).
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:51 AM   #54
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzz
I have the Integy model. I have used it on 1/8 and 1/10 tires. I get better results by taking light cuts. My question, can I use the Hudy carbide cutter on this truer? How does the Hudy cutter mount? The current cutter looks like a hacksaw blade. Has anyone experimented with different hacksaw blades to see what cuts better?
You can use the Hudy bit but you will have to modify it a little. I used a file to trim the back of the Hudy bit. It's not a big deal.

I agree that several smaller cuts work better with this truer. I do not try to cut more than 1 to 1.5mm per pass.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:31 PM   #55
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
You can use the Hudy bit but you will have to modify it a little. I used a file to trim the back of the Hudy bit. It's not a big deal.

I agree that several smaller cuts work better with this truer. I do not try to cut more than 1 to 1.5mm per pass.
Thanks, I will buy one and try it. I have heard the Hudy cutters give better results than the "blades"
bazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:06 PM   #56
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Welp I finally got it as well as my rx cover for the MRX4.

Old 04-18-2006, 02:27 PM   #57

Make sure you set the camber to zero before using.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:51 PM   #58
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Oh ok. BTW it came with 3 xtra blades! I see its set to 2 right now so I'll reset it to zero. Do you have this same one?
Old 04-18-2006, 03:10 PM   #59

Yeah thats the one I have. Im debating on if im going to keep it.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:36 PM   #60
Tech Apprentice

Default Tyre truer

Had a Hudy auto one and it worked fantastic for me for many years and it finally quit on me. I still get good $$$ when selling it since it is such well built and the guy who bought it he says he can get parts to fix it. Then I went for Integy as it is a lot smaller and more compact. I ahve to say I was a bit disappointed because the motor is not as powerful and I cannot do the cutting in 1 run while I am popping fuses or drag the motor to a dead stop. I finally couldn't stand it anymore and decide to do some modification. I replaced the pee wee motor with a hudy one and it worked great, replaced stock cutter with Hudy cutter and now is complete. I bought the truer cheaper but then I have to spend extra US$100 to make it work the way I wanted. Next time I will go back to Hudy again, no doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Yeah thats the one I have. Im debating on if im going to keep it.
slide_228 is offline   Reply With Quote