R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-10-2006, 06:44 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default Trinity Reflex NT Manual

Can anyone help me find a copy of the Trinity Reflex NT manual, particularly the 2 speed section. Thanks!

Josh
Helix70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:38 PM   #2
Tech Elite

The team Magic G4 or RD Logics Mongoose is the same ,just check as there is evolutions of the chassis and parts but its the same vehicle.
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:47 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Sorry me bad ,its same as old G4 and check out for the K Factory KV1 ,is based on or is the same vehicle.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81552
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:50 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice

I found the G4 manual, but my 2 speed is slightly different. I have 2 grub screws with 2 ball bearings instead of a fixed roller. I just want a baseline on how to set it up, as i bought the car 2nd hand. Are the ball bearings supposed to be locked down on the drive so there is no slack, or backed out so it is sloppy? I guess this adjustment is independant to the spring tension one. What is the grub screw adjustment for? Is the spring tension screw adjustment the shift rpm?

I couldn't find a Mongoose manual.

Thanks,

Josh
Old 03-11-2006, 04:18 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Have you tried to contact Trinity???? You might want to start with them first... .02

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 04:58 PM   #6
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix70
I found the G4 manual, but my 2 speed is slightly different. I have 2 grub screws with 2 ball bearings instead of a fixed roller. I just want a baseline on how to set it up, as i bought the car 2nd hand. Are the ball bearings supposed to be locked down on the drive so there is no slack, or backed out so it is sloppy? I guess this adjustment is independant to the spring tension one. What is the grub screw adjustment for? Is the spring tension screw adjustment the shift rpm?

I couldn't find a Mongoose manual.

Thanks,

Josh
Basic set up is to tighten the shift screws all the way in then 6 turns out, the other two screws are for setting the how hard you want it to shift, closer to the bell with out dragging the smother it will be,the further away the harded the car will shift, if you want the car to shift later, turn the shift screws in, sooner, loosen the shift screws. make sure you do small adjustments and the same amount for both shift screws, a good way to tell which screws you are adjusting is to remove the two speed from the housing and paint the screws, one white the other yellow so you can see them thru the shift hole in the two speed housing. good luck
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 06:16 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for your help. I will try that.