Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho pure 10 Alpha 3 GP

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Kyosho pure 10 Alpha 3 GP

hey people.

Im new to RC cars just got one of these Alpha 3 Kyosho's(http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products.../alpha3-e.html) and wanna know what they are like and what upgrades can be done?
What fuel should i be using to be getting good performance without rooting the engine? is a 16% nitro fuel mix too much?

Could someone explain to me why the plastic gears get chewed out so easily? is it my driving? stones/rocks? anything i can do to stop it?

Any help would be great thanks!!
Old 03-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

the options is upgrade to full bearing and tune pipe from Kyosho.
Also theres a option parts for 2 speed gear,

the wear and tear for the plastic is high is depend how u run ur car.

using what fuel is fine as long u get the right tune for the engine.
This car is good for beginner as there is less maintance.
Well, wish u enjoy ur new babe
Old 03-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Tech Adept

Unfortunnatly this was my first ever nitro tourer and i got to say i had to spend more time on that then my fw-rr.
I would say do not worry about upgrades for the alpha 3 as there is no point just get use to driving and learn more about nitro tourers and setup and move on to something a bit better.
After having the Alpha 3 a couple of months later i got a rtr kyosho fw-05t and i was a great car to learn in it very fast reliable and it is fairly solid.
And if you want to get into racing the fw-t is a great car for pullstart.

I hope you have better luck then i did
Old 03-07-2006, 12:20 AM
Tech Rookie

true, thanks for the replies.

I think its got a busted engine - (read: i payed $0 for it and scored it of a mate) would it be worthwhile buying a new/replacement engine for it? or even a faster engine? I think a new one is like $100 (australian)

Or am i better of just getting a whole new car? i dont really wanna folk out for a whole new car when i have a good one sitting there which i got for free which just needs a new engine and thats all.

Opinions and replies would be great.

PS - im not really looking to race competitively - just some to burn around a tennis court.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

if your thinking of racing id get a new car one that is designed for racing and not a toy, thats what id do
Old 03-07-2006, 01:23 AM
Tech Adept

If you wanted a new engine do not get a very powerful one as this will most likely strip your gears.
but i would say get a new car you will deffinatly won't turnn back if you do.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:17 AM
Tech Rookie

I was thinking of just getting the standard engine again. what is the main factor in stripping the gears? ie- doing dohnuts and drifting corners or just plain thrashing it? can you get metal gears to avoid this?

my mate has got all chips in his main running gear (the metal ones comming off the engine itself) is that from stones hitting it through the exposed bottom? - why do they keep the bottom exposed? is it ok to tape it up?

Thanks heaps for answering my questions - i am aware how annoying it can be for people who are very knowledgble on a subject to explain it someone who has no idea.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:02 AM
Tech Adept

no problems.
with gear stripping it can be caused by bashing in stupid areas with lots of stones or careless maintnenss of not locktighting engine mount screws but the thing i was thinking of is if you bout a engine say 1.5 HP it will have to much grunt for the alphas gearbox.
But as long as you maintain, drive on smooth surfaces and don't do anything to stupid with it nothing should happen.
And no doing doughnuts wont strip you gears but will strip your rear diff. But alpha 3s are mostly nitro toys not high performance tourers so just have fun with it.

Are you planning to get into racing?
if so i would get a new car as alpha 3s don't handle race situations and are very fragile.
I would suggest a RTR (ready to run) which comes with everything you need except battries.And go on from there.

Enjoy.