Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
2019 ROAR Fuel On-Road Nationals - Sept 19-22 - Toledo, OH >

2019 ROAR Fuel On-Road Nationals - Sept 19-22 - Toledo, OH

Like Tree35Likes

2019 ROAR Fuel On-Road Nationals - Sept 19-22 - Toledo, OH

Reply

Old 08-02-2019, 03:00 PM
  #31  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
miller tyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,923
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jpatrick View Post
i agree they do i can't wait too get back. i was at the first GLC. tracks just over an hour from home if the border is smooth. i asked about the card cause i renewed a month ago got my reciept, they took my money (LOL) but no new card. and no replies maybe an issue at the office? good luck all you guys !!
Would not worry to much about the card, it's been a common known problem and they will work with you. Maybe print the receipt showing it was paid, that should be more than enough. But it IS a ROAR event, so they should also be able to produce a master list, as well as verify entry versus membership when you sign up on line. Likely won't even need to show a card.
miller tyme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 03:42 PM
  #32  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 70
Default

Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
Would not worry to much about the card, it's been a common known problem and they will work with you. Maybe print the receipt showing it was paid, that should be more than enough. But it IS a ROAR event, so they should also be able to produce a master list, as well as verify entry versus membership when you sign up on line. Likely won't even need to show a card.
i have my receipt, just a bit annoyed but at least i have an answer.
jpatrick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 05:28 AM
  #33  
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,442
Default

Originally Posted by YBSLOW View Post
W

Probably why you never race in California or anyplace west of the Mississippi river. they have been racing 4 min quals for last 6 years. Most fast guys barely make 4 minutes on fuel there. when you race somewhere 90% of the time that runs 4 minutes it is hard to justify spending a couple grand to fly cross country to a race where you have to run so lean to barely make time or be off pace. It is just different not whinning it is called stating an opinion and your entitled to yours no matter how dumb I think it is.
Hold on .... now this confuses me as well as interest's me.
You, and the area you race have been running 4min qualifiers for 6 year's? ....The engine's you run only just make 4 minute's? As engine's "we" buy are from dealer's and I take it you are not producing special engine's just for your area, you must then be modifying engine's to only make 4 minutes?! The same engine's we buy and maybe mod' also, but to make 5 minutes?

If you plan on going to a ROAR event or an event which plan's on running 5 minute qualifiers. There is no need to mod your engine to go only 4 minute's. Modify them, like the rest of us do, but will still make 5 minute's!? Or just run the engine stock, then modify to run 4 minutes once you return from the "5 minute Qualifier" event?!
We are all in the same boat. The modification cost on the engine would be the same.

Or, as you said, don't spend the extra on an engine and don't go. (saving the money on an engine to run 5 minutes ..... which you will eventually get any way and mod' to run 4 minutes???)
Seam's odd logic to use when stating this for the reason not to attend an event? But, as you said. You are entitled to your opinion.

We will miss you and the support you would have lent the on-road class's by attending, especially considering the huge talent staying away due to this "opinion" and this, to me, "odd logic"

I hope you will, in future, re-consider and attend such similar event's sir.

Regards
BM
British Menace is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 07:43 AM
  #34  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,480
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
Hold on .... now this confuses me as well as interest's me.
You, and the area you race have been running 4min qualifiers for 6 year's? ....The engine's you run only just make 4 minute's? As engine's "we" buy are from dealer's and I take it you are not producing special engine's just for your area, you must then be modifying engine's to only make 4 minutes?! The same engine's we buy and maybe mod' also, but to make 5 minutes?

If you plan on going to a ROAR event or an event which plan's on running 5 minute qualifiers. There is no need to mod your engine to go only 4 minute's. Modify them, like the rest of us do, but will still make 5 minute's!? Or just run the engine stock, then modify to run 4 minutes once you return from the "5 minute Qualifier" event?!
We are all in the same boat. The modification cost on the engine would be the same.

Or, as you said, don't spend the extra on an engine and don't go. (saving the money on an engine to run 5 minutes ..... which you will eventually get any way and mod' to run 4 minutes???)
Seam's odd logic to use when stating this for the reason not to attend an event? But, as you said. You are entitled to your opinion.

We will miss you and the support you would have lent the on-road class's by attending, especially considering the huge talent staying away due to this "opinion" and this, to me, "odd logic"

I hope you will, in future, re-consider and attend such similar event's sir.

Regards
BM
My engines are modded before I ever see them. I also stated it was 1 more reason, not the only reason or main reason. Unfortunately my wifes health at this time makes it difficult for me to be gone for 5 or six days at a time currently. Hopefully this will not be the case forever. It is just hard to compete with guys that race 5 minute quals all the time when I have been running nothing but 4 minutes fo several years and have tailored my engine package for that purpose. Maybe it is a poor excuse and I know it is the same for everyone. My comment was it is hard to maintain different engine packages and expensive if it for a 1 off 5 minute race in my case. Hopefully I will make it back to GLC nect year, I have attended at least 10 of them over the years and was an event sponsor for multiple years.
miller tyme and DMD like this.
YBSLOW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:14 PM
  #35  
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,442
Default

Originally Posted by YBSLOW View Post
My engines are modded before I ever see them. I also stated it was 1 more reason, not the only reason or main reason. Unfortunately my wifes health at this time makes it difficult for me to be gone for 5 or six days at a time currently. Hopefully this will not be the case forever. It is just hard to compete with guys that race 5 minute quals all the time when I have been running nothing but 4 minutes fo several years and have tailored my engine package for that purpose. Maybe it is a poor excuse and I know it is the same for everyone. My comment was it is hard to maintain different engine packages and expensive if it for a 1 off 5 minute race in my case. Hopefully I will make it back to GLC nect year, I have attended at least 10 of them over the years and was an event sponsor for multiple years.
I can see now the "4 minute" reason for not attending is largely insignificant in comparison to your family and specifically your wife's health.
I pray for you and wish you both good health and happiness and applaud you for sighting a most important reason for not being present at any event.

Regards
and best wish's,
Anthony (BM)
YBSLOW likes this.
British Menace is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:58 PM
  #36  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,214
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

British Menace.............when are you going to Toledo? I need a pit guy for my pan car....and I bet you need one for your GT. We don't need to worry about the 4 or 5 minutes Q cause our cars can make 8 minutes per tank....LOL
Solara is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:16 AM
  #37  
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,442
Default

Originally Posted by Solara View Post
British Menace.............when are you going to Toledo? I need a pit guy for my pan car....and I bet you need one for your GT. We don't need to worry about the 4 or 5 minutes Q cause our cars can make 8 minutes per tank....LOL
Hey,

I'm trying to get there Wednesday but it may be Thursday. Not sure yet.
How you doing? I see you've been having some good quality family time? :-)

Regards
BM
British Menace is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:07 AM
  #38  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 4,160
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jpatrick View Post
i have my receipt, just a bit annoyed but at least i have an answer.
I renewed my membership in late February and didn't get my new card until some time in May after at least 3 emails. The receipt says that it is proof that you renewed so just hang onto that until the card finally arrives.
davidl and DMD like this.
Scott Fisher is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 06:40 PM
  #39  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (40)
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,722
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Solara View Post
British Menace.............when are you going to Toledo? I need a pit guy for my pan car....and I bet you need one for your GT. We don't need to worry about the 4 or 5 minutes Q cause our cars can make 8 minutes per tank....LOL
Match made in heaven! 😁
Rick Vessell likes this.
Grenade10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:43 AM
  #40  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,214
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
Match made in heaven! 😁
What about you...? Coming out from the retirement? LOL
Solara is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:44 AM
  #41  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,214
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
Hey,

I'm trying to get there Wednesday but it may be Thursday. Not sure yet.
How you doing? I see you've been having some good quality family time? :-)

Regards
BM
I will probably start on Friday....no practice no tuning just straight on RACING
Solara is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:16 AM
  #42  
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,442
Default

Originally Posted by Solara View Post
I will probably start on Friday....no practice no tuning just straight on RACING
Your just so awesome .... my hero ! :-))
British Menace is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:41 PM
  #43  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (40)
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,722
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Solara View Post
What about you...? Coming out from the retirement? LOL
Probably not but have a new Mugen MRX6r that needs some track time..... Maybe if Sydor comes out...... heard he was thinking about the new Serpent GT
Grenade10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:45 PM
  #44  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,214
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post

Probably not but have a new Mugen MRX6r that needs some track time..... Maybe if Sydor comes out...... heard he was thinking about the new Serpent GT
GT is pretty dead everywhere except your track and CA..............I wish we get more GT but I am only doing 2WD now. You need to get Sydor back to nitro racing.
Rick Vessell likes this.
Solara is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 08:43 PM
  #45  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,919
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

When people argue the only reason people want 4 minutes vs 5 is because they have "hot motors", there are other factors to consider like air temp and altitude and track layout. Big long straights use more gas.

So just to poor more fuel on the fire, consider this.......
Steel City Speedway in Fontana, California will host the IFMAR 1:8 IC Worlds in October. Typically, the track is allowed to pick the length of qualifier time from between 4-10 minutes. The track requested 7 minute qualifiers (consider IFMAR requires running on 16% fuel). IFMAR said no, and mandated 4 minute qualifiers. Why ? Because the guy in charge of this at IFMAR was at Homestead, Miami in 2018 for the 1:10 Worlds and saw how they had difficulty finishing in daylight because of the delays each morning due to early morning mist / rain. I heard Super Pole was held almost in the dark. We don't have that at our track, track owners (The Goodwine's) pushed for 7 minutes and IFMAR held firm must be 4 minute qualifiers. So, who would pass up running Worlds just because it is 4 minute qualifiers ?

My first year running nitro after 15 years in electric and loving it. Passing on ROAR Nats this year only because want to focus on the Worlds at my home track. Look forward to traveling to the 2020 ROAR Nats wherever it is held to run Masters and not worried because I make 5 minutes already with my OS Speed Euro 21's on 25% fuel. Would also like to travel to make the GLC next year if can get the time off work because I have heard it is a pretty cool event run by a great club.

Panda
jetnjme likes this.
Kevin CBR is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service