Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Serpent SRX8-GT >

Serpent SRX8-GT

Like Tree98Likes

Serpent SRX8-GT

Old 05-14-2019, 11:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That is one good looking car. Regarding the servos, yes just had a good support from them, specially when buying the servo 'used' as it came on a car I bought. Either way, the new SRX8 GT looks fantastic! Might have to get one afterwall and add it to the Serpent fleet.

Originally Posted by dan_vector
Cool no worries. Never heard of them in over 25 years of racing! Oh well you learn something new everyday but for me I'll choose the proven platforms like Sanwa especially at that price point. In all my years of racing I've rarely needed to call upon any customer support with my sanwa servos as they are very very good

Also I hope I did not sound like an asshole with the "just because Amain..." if so I did not mean that. If so sorry.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan_vector
+1 for the PGS-XB.

AVOID Savox like the plague
Well...I use only Futaba, so I know nothing about Sanwa, but the theory is always like to pair with your radio and take advantage of all he servo adjustment (boost, turbo, brushless...etc) from all the high tech stuff that I have and will never use...

About Savox...I had a pair $80 high voltage Savox on my old GT for 4 years with 6 gallon plus over them, and they are still working fine. So....they are really not that bad, just not as good as my $180 each Futaba/OS...just because I paid big $$$ for those and I have to think that they are better, LOL.
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Servos

I have only used Protek servos, no other brands compare in specs and performance. I think the 155 series is a great choice for this application, the speed version is over 300oz at .06 @7.4v. They have one for every application and price range. Don't insult your car by installing a savox. Lol
Old 05-14-2019, 09:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Brushless

I will be converting mine immediately, if any of the nitro guys want to buy the nitro related parts from my kit i will be selling them. I just got my car the other day and it is a piece of art! These are practically "one off" cars as there is nothing else like it on the market, almost everything is a new design. That will make the conversion a little more challenging, but I will figure it out! Needless to say these new bulkheads will not bolt up to any of the previous or other current model chassis. I will definitely be posting progress pictures very soon!
Old 05-15-2019, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Nothing wrong with Savox servos .... been using them for many years in my GT8 cars!.

Last edited by Pit-racer; 05-16-2019 at 05:42 AM.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I noticed the diffs are open. Is that a norm with serpent? Is the Kit close to the Xray?
Old 05-16-2019, 08:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
Nothing wrong with Savox servos .... been using them for many years in my GT8 cars!.
I'm teasing, to each their own.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rcindia
I noticed the diffs are open. Is that a norm with serpent? Is the Kit close to the Xray?
definitely not "the norm" as far as i know Serpent is the only manufacturer doing this currently ( i haven't seen this before in the states)
"close to xray?" If you're asking if this car compares to the xray? From everything ive heard from people who have already raced this car, they have said its considerably better in every way. My opinion based only off of build quality and general engineering is the same. This may be the most innovative, precise, and flat out badass car I've ever built. I can not wait to get on the track with it. Now the guys in Europe/Asia may have a different opinion, but they also have many more choices and a plethora of phenomenal tracks compared to the USA
Old 05-16-2019, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Xray is pretty good in many category in RC but definitely not in GT8 class. The design of the new SRX8GT is definitely a new leader and will see GTX8 will copy that concept.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi, please some help.

I just finished building my srx8. and hopefully this Saturday will trayit in the club. I have the werks 34mm pro clutch 4 alum shoes, that I used previously in my IGT8. and now have problems assembling it whit the stock serpent clutch bell that comes with the kit. as soon I tight the srew the bell does not run free, is stuck . as soon as I loose a litter bit the screw the bell runs free as is supose to be . with the stock serpent clutch I have no problems.

Do any buddy is using the werks clutch_. have the same problem_.

Sorry for my English, im from Guatemala
Old 05-16-2019, 12:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Solara
Xray is pretty good in many category in RC but definitely not in GT8 class. The design of the new SRX8GT is definitely a new leader and will see GTX8 will copy that concept.
Xray Not good in GT8 ??? This car just took 2nd and 3rd place at European GT Championship last year. 5 cars in the Final. Just beated Mugen, Serpent Cobra, IGT8 and others. HB Rgt8 won it. Not that bad, I guess.
Maybe the new Serpent Srx8 will be better, it looks like a great new car but you can t say Xray GTX8 is not good. It is a fast, reliable and high quality car and new Xray clutch is great.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

We have run Open Diffs in Rallye Game (Belt driven) for over 25+ years now, no issue. What is quite funny too, is that it should really be a non issue, considering the center diff (two Speed / Spool, whatever is run) has always been open, and in 1/8 buggy too. It will be fine.
UkJohn and Boost13az like this.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gilesdhay

Xray Not good in GT8 ??? This car just took 2nd and 3rd place at European GT Championship last year. 5 cars in the Final. Just beated Mugen, Serpent Cobra, IGT8 and others. HB Rgt8 won it. Not that bad, I guess.
Maybe the new Serpent Srx8 will be better, it looks like a great new car but you can t say Xray GTX8 is not good. It is a fast, reliable and high quality car and new Xray clutch is great.

There is nothing new to the Xray clutch. It is the same as the Serpent one (which has been in production since the Cobra 811) just with an extra bearing.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sebtarta
There is nothing new to the Xray clutch. It is the same as the Serpent one (which has been in production since the Cobra 811) just with an extra bearing.
not taking about the clutch bell. I got eyes, read the press and try to find on your own.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default serpent srx8-gt wheelbase

Are the wheel base short or long on this car?
I can't find the answer anywhere.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.