Search
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NitroPhene

Any set tips for the Serpent Cobra 3.1?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 04:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Any set tips for the Serpent Cobra 3.1?

Hi guys I’m putting my Cobra together this weekend , does anyone have any tips as far as the setup goes ? Oil weights in the diffs? Shock oil? Camber ? Etc... . It’s my first GT car so I’m very green when it comes to this platform. I’ll be doing Homestead or the track in Fort Myers , I have a few engines to choose from , Bonito, Fx 5k, Maxy Cinco, and I have a Roma, 28-8 and Lrp .32 , not sure what’s allowed at the tracks just want be competitive and most importantly have fun. Thanks for any input you guys give me .. Ive been bitten by the on road bug lol I have a Hb. R8! And X-ray 17’ that I’ll be bringing out as well when I head to the track . I’ll post some pics of my rigs once it’s all together Throttle down ! Badinggding dingnding Ding ding lol
petersen114 likes this.

Last edited by 1/8 IC Fan; 03-13-2019 at 12:27 AM.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

I would run the stock setup until you get the feel for the car and learn what changes are to be made. Make sure you have good tires. Sweep 45exp slicks are a good choice for them tracks as well as for Nuggets Ranch. As far as an Engine, if you want to be legal I would invest in a 5 port GT engine like the Nova Ison GT or the Mito 35 GT5. A .21 is all you need in that car.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the response, I figured that would be my plan of attack just figured there was a magic diff oil to run lol
Old 02-11-2019, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NitroPhene
Thanks for the response, I figured that would be my plan of attack just figured there was a magic diff oil to run lol
Just remember that if you're losing traction in the rear, go with a lighter diff fluid in the rear. Same for the front. If the car is leaning too much and are getting traction roll then you will want to go up on your sway-bar a bit or a heavier spring. All this provided that the track is prepped. Just something to consider I guess, but it will all come into play for you in time once you lern to drive the car.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:10 AM
Tech Adept

If you need any help this weekend I will be at Ft Myers for the FNS series race. My normal starting point is 1 million front 80000 rear and go from there depending on traction
Old 02-17-2019, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Have a good read of the proper Cobra GT thread. Especially the last 20 or so pages as this is mostly 3.1 related. You'll find all the info you need!

Serpent Cobra GT