Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Superten newbie with a few questions >

Superten newbie with a few questions

Superten newbie with a few questions

Old 01-20-2019, 08:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Superten newbie with a few questions

Hello everyone, been doing some reading lately on this site and there is some good information on this vehicle here that I am hoping I can use. I found a superten at a garage sale last year and bought it. Its missing some parts, but hopefully in due time I can get those. This is my first nitro car (and first 4wd) as I have always had 2wd electric, so definately a learning curve ahead for me. That said, as for older parts, is ebay best?

Here are a few questions I have as I have cleaned up the car and trying to get an understanding of its parts and how it works:

1 - Since I have no idea what gears/differential are made out of, ive always wanted a 2-speed car, but should I keep this car just a 1-speed? Saw something about the 2speed cars will destroy regular gears quickly.

2 - gas tank O-ring seal: this one is orange in color, and its in rough shape. Can a regular black O-ring work, or does the fuel eat away at a black o-ring too quickly?

3 - Fuel filter and Air Filter - assuming I can pick up something from local hobby shop that would fit.

4 - plate that goes to bottom of motor (inbetween motor and chassis) - anone know exactly how thick this is? I dont have one and think I will have to end up making one.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to hopefully getting this on the road!
Old 01-22-2019, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/410284-kyosho-superten-fw-04-a.html

here you go the thread.
supertens are now collectible car because its rarity, those parts on ebay are crazy high,,
Old 01-23-2019, 08:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you banana, I read through that a few months ago, but thought I would start my own. I will dig back though that and re-check a few items. Appreciate the help.