ROAR 2006 'Open' Fuel Nationals Cincinnati, OH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR 2006 'Open' Fuel Nationals Cincinnati, OH

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 02:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Cars 1 and 3 are clearly not in the paint - should have never started.

Scotts car leaves way before the first three too! Too bad ROAR officials have no balls.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:20 PM
Tech Addict

Yes, Scott's car leaves before them, but it does not leave before the horn sounds. We listened to the audio as we did the frame by frame analysis, and Scott's car does not move before the horn goes off.

Turn up your volume, and watch it several times. Until I did that, I also didn't understand.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
I don't think so....lol... I saw the video and I also spoke with Jarrod.... I can't believe that 5 people are trying to cover for ROAR when over 50+ other people saw the infractions....
i am not trying to cover for anybody. if bob c. says it wasn't a jump start i believe him. i have no reason to kiss roar's ass and i am not about to start doing it now.if there was a bad start then the 10 second penalty should be assessed. bob c. has no reason to cover for anybody either. his racer wasn't in that race and he has nothing to gain if the results stay the same.
mike lindsay

edited for spelling

Last edited by sedanaddict; 10-09-2006 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

Among other things, it was announced during the driver's meeting that there would be no restarts.

Anyone who watches the video can see that the Jared's car leaves at the same time as the horn goes off, but we took the original video and went through it frame by frame, with the audio turned up. You can tell when the "noise" starts that represents the horn, even though it doesn't sound like a horn, as it's slowed down so much. At that moment in time, Jared's car still had not yet moved.

At the rate I'm going, the race article will be up on SGrid Online by late tonight, but the images might take another day. There are just too many of them, and each one is a five plus meg file.... that's the good and the bad of having a high-res camera. Image size is huge, which slows down my poor computer!

Awesome race - and probably the closest finish in ROAR history at a Nationals!
Old 10-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Looks to me from the video that Josh's car was set on the track at the wrong angle. He's at a 90 degree to the track direction while everyone else is at a 45 degree angle. In fact he's not even turning into the flow of traffic as he's reaching the center line of the track, coupled with a slow start.....wham!
Old 10-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

To stream to your computer double click link, but for best viewing right-click and save to your computer.

2006 ROAR Open Fuel Nationals Finals Start
Large File
2006 Open Fuel Nationals Finals Start (Large)
Old 10-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

After watching the video all I can say is damn!, that guy has perfect timing. .001 of a sec after the horn, he hits the gas.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Fastburn
there was well more than 50 of us watching, and one of the guys that I went with has the start on video, and even from his video it shows a jump start. He was situated right at the end of the straight. It was a crappy way to start that race. My race started like that, but I didnt expect the "A" guys to start like that.
I feel bad about what happend to Josh, as no race should be ended that fast and that way, especially one with the magnitude of the ROAR nats.

How about posting that video?
Old 10-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

id have to get a copy of it first
But it sounds like there is already a video that has everything we need to dwell on this for a long time.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bob Malphurs
Looks to me from the video that Josh's car was set on the track at the wrong angle. He's at a 90 degree to the track direction while everyone else is at a 45 degree angle. In fact he's not even turning into the flow of traffic as he's reaching the center line of the track, coupled with a slow start.....wham!
Take it from the guy who set him down. He was lined up in the "box" at the angle of the "box" Now that I see the video I feel bad I didn't realize the box is only a suggestion and I should have set him out over the line or at "down track" angle like some of the other cars. I guess I was to busy making sure he was "legal" to notice how the others had lined up.
DON'T take this as bashing the others or passing blame. I'll take the hit for not giving him the "competitive" position in the box.
My fault! Sorry Stosh.

Andy Power
Old 10-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Judging by the video, the only problem with that start, was the red car in fourth position and its lack of response to the horn.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Andy, It takes a big man to admit that, My hat's off to you.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
I am looking forward to the video being posted. Then everyone can see what really happened.

Yes, Jarrod jumped the start - He even said he did after the race!! I saw the tape and there were several start infractions and I promise that once everyone sees the tape there will be an even bigger uproar (excuse the pun)!!!

I'm still so angry about the event I am struggling to find the correct words but as I can compose myself I will post a full detailed report on what really happened the lack of action taken by the powers at be.
Josh,
looks like to me you just had some really bad luck, maybe some faster reflexes and a more experience pitman to put your car at the proper angle, ( like pointed down the straight away, example like Ralph's car ) might save you a lot of frustration and anger in the future. Better luck next year!!!
Old 10-09-2006, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Andy who?
Take it from the guy who set him down. He was lined up in the "box" at the angle of the "box" Now that I see the video I feel bad I didn't realize the box is only a suggestion and I should have set him out over the line or at "down track" angle like some of the other cars. I guess I was to busy making sure he was "legal" to notice how the others had lined up.
DON'T take this as bashing the others or passing blame. I'll take the hit for not giving him the "competitive" position in the box.
My fault! Sorry Stosh.

Andy Power
i went home after the 9th or 10th race. did we have an official on that side of the track at the start?
Old 10-09-2006, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

Yes, It did appear that most of the cars started outside the box. #2, #4 and #5 looked OK. I am sure starting inside the box was covered by the hour long drivers meeting.

I helped start (Pitted) 3 cars during the days events. Every time I would try to clean out the heavy tire dust from the cars start box and a lane to the race groove on the track. The start boxes are not at a good race angle, but starting on the back stretch is much better than the front stretch that was used at the Cincy Worlds in 2003. Can you imagine these guys starting side by each on the front stretch and the 180 corner at the end.

It would have been nice to at least see these guys get to the first corner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.