Hey Perez why wernt you their?
jake alton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:56 PM   #468
Tech Regular

Hi yaa bill t
Old 10-08-2006, 10:59 PM   #469
Tech Regular

Main events has 14 guys in the show? Wasnt it 10 at a time?
Old 10-08-2006, 11:02 PM   #470
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanaddict
yes there was one. i was there but i can't remember his first name but i am pretty sure his last name was brown? sorry about the lack of info. the car was badass! he won best paint and most authentic.
Sounds like Terry Brown from T-bodz got the win for concours.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:06 PM   #471
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

did JOSH C. have an issue i dont see any time in the main
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:22 PM   #472
Tech Fanatic

I think Mike answered that above. Jared Scott got into him at the start (due in part I'm sure to Josh getting off the line slowly) and apparently it broke Josh's car.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:31 PM   #473
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The A main did have 14 guys, and Cyrul got taken out right at the start. I didnt get a clear view at what happend exactly, but he was only able to make about 5ft before he got tagged and had what looked like a rear corner taken off his car. The main was a fantastic battle that lasted for 60 minutes, and I cant articulate how fun it was and how exciting it was to watch the whole thing unfold. Burch drove the wheels off his car, and Swauger did the same putting on a super show for all who were fortunate enough to be in attendance.

This is all I can really give you now, as I just got home after 7.5 hours on the road. Im sure that others will fill you in better

Nate
Old 10-08-2006, 11:32 PM   #474
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
did JOSH C. have an issue i dont see any time in the main
Read Mikes post....

"As to the demolition derby back in the pack, that was caused by two factors - Josh Cyrul started 3/4 of a second late, and Jared Scott came flying up the track near the "outside" of the track. Had Josh started earlier, or had Jarod been closer to the "inside" of the track, they wouldn't have been in the crash, nor would the cars behind them (Scott Kimbrow for one) gotten tangled up in it. That might be part of why Scott's pressure line came off later, causing him to flame out."

So Sorry Scott, Josh and anyone else involved. I think when it comes to events on this level, clean starts can't be emphasized enough.

Thanks again Mike, for 'keeping it real' reporting these events... 'Telling it like it is'. (Howard Cosell)
Old 10-09-2006, 12:32 AM   #475
Tech Addict

You're welcome.

It helps to have a frame-by-frame video of the entire incident, showing exactly what happened, along with the audio showing when the starting horn sounded. My camera was aimed at Ralph, so I didn't get the action behind him. Bob's camera was in a perfect spot to capture the start. My camera followed the pack for five minutes, until the first fuel stop.

It wasn't any one person's "fault". Had Josh started sooner, the accident woul not have happened. Had Jarred been out a little further into the track, ditto - but the "line" is towards the outside, not the "inside". Josh certainly isn't the only person who's ever had problems at the start of an event - the people behind need to not run over those in front, and the people in front need to get moving along with the pack of cars. The two videos are really spectacular, Bob's because it shows the crash, and mine because it shows how most of the field handled the first five minutes. (After that, the video camera was put away for a while, and out came the Nikon.)

Ralph and Mike were equally spectacular, and both had "good" and "bad" luck. For the most part, these guys make their own luck, but with the two of them going at it the way they were, all it takes is one minor little mistake to make the difference in who wins, even though the race is a full hour long. That's how close and "even" they were. With these two guys at the next World Championships, maybe the USA will have a good chance to take home another World's victory next year!
mikemyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:34 AM   #476
Tech Addict

I'll try to get the video up by tomorrow... in the meantime, the video in Saturday's report on SGrid Online shows both Ralph and Mikey (but mostly Ralph) in qualifier #5. It certainly shows how good Ralph was in getting around the track in 16-lap qualifiers - twice! Mikey came in just a hair under 16.
mikemyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:48 AM   #477
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

thanks for the report
403forbidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 01:07 AM   #478
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

Congrats Tim Copp!!
Old 10-09-2006, 04:28 AM   #479
Tech Initiate

Last edited by slewis; 10-09-2006 at 05:17 AM.
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:18 AM   #480
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Congrats to Ralph and Mark!

Also, congrats to Tommy P. on your top 5!
Kyle Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote