R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-06-2006, 07:09 PM   #361
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

No this is Pauls first time... he was talking to my son last week and he was worried he might look bad because he knew nothing about running one of these cars... I think he caught on fast
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:25 PM   #362
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm sure that he could compete with the best off-roaders if he wanted to also.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:34 PM   #363
Tech Addict

Ron, we just got back from the banquet. I'll try to post more images tonight, but I think it might be better if I try to put up the video. The video shows a little of everything, including some of the faster guys getting around the track - Josh, Ralph, Barry, and Joel, plus a little of the facility. If you click on the link that says "video", it will start working as soon as I do the upload. That's going to be at least another couple of hours though.j

To 'smac', sure, the full results should be posted on the club's website very shortly. Just go to www.tsrcar.com and you should find the link to them. As to the magazine, if you don't think you can afford it at $25/year, tell me what you can afford and I'll probably set it up for you anyway. I'd like the magazine to pay for itself, but I'd also like for anyone who's involved in r/c car racing to be able to see it. You can also wait a bit longer, and get my full report in an upcoming issue of RC Car Magazine. Since that gets written and organized after the event is over, it will probably be an even "better" report than what goes on-line, plus it will have lots of high resolution pictures.
mikemyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:51 PM   #364
JGO
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron C.
Hey Mike,

Thanks for the update on Sgrid... Are you going to post more pictures of today's event later on?

hey ron how come youre not there
JGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:56 PM   #365
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thank's Mike,
I am going to look into it because I do enjoy the pics and write ups that I have seen from you. Maybe now that this season of 1/8th on-road is over, I will be able to afford the magazine subscription...heck, I can problably afford the magazine company now!!
Old 10-06-2006, 08:33 PM   #366
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman
No this is Pauls first time... he was talking to my son last week and he was worried he might look bad because he knew nothing about running one of these cars... I think he caught on fast
Is Paul Lemieux running Serpent? I am not surprised that he is doing so well. He is one hell of a wheel!!
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 08:57 PM   #367
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I am pretty sure he said he was running a Serpent... but I could be wrong
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:20 PM   #368
JCB
Tech Addict

does anyone know of the current top 10???

thanks in advance...
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:36 PM   #369
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perez
man it looks cold
you can say that again. it was very windy too!
sedanaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:42 PM   #370
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to BuddyB

Lookin good Chicky
BuddyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:16 PM   #371
Tech Addict

Friday's video is now posted on SGrid Online. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and look for the video camera icon. Click on that, and then wait a year or two for the 'wmv' file to download. :-) It's a big file, but it may start to play immediately, and download as you watch it.

The video shows some of the track facilities, a view from the driver's stand during practice, lots of people and things in the pits, and then several racers during qualifying - Josh Cyrul, Barry Baker, Joel Johnson, and Dave Campbell. I would have also captured Ralph Burch, but he had problems in the third round, and that's when I tried to do all this.

More tomorrow.

The heats are being sorted, based on everyone's best performance for one round. There will be three rounds of qualifying tomorrow. Hopefully we won't need snow tires. :-)
Old 10-07-2006, 05:15 AM   #372
Tech Addict

Howard - I never did get your email, but created an account for you. Please check if it's configured properly. You should be getting an automated email with your login information. If anyone else has a similar problem, please send me an email at "[email protected]".
Old 10-07-2006, 09:33 AM   #373
Tech Initiate

Mike,
I got your automated email and it works now!

Thanks!
Howard Cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 10:47 AM   #374
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGO
hey ron how come youre not there
Work wouldn't allow me Jeremy... So I'd have to be content in cheering on the guys from here.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:50 AM   #375
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemyers
Ron, we just got back from the banquet. I'll try to post more images tonight, but I think it might be better if I try to put up the video. The video shows a little of everything, including some of the faster guys getting around the track - Josh, Ralph, Barry, and Joel, plus a little of the facility. If you click on the link that says "video", it will start working as soon as I do the upload. That's going to be at least another couple of hours though.j
Thanks Mike!

Awesome video!