R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-27-2006, 07:22 AM   #16

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Jpilone

I'm hoping I can make this race! from the looks of teh weather history up there, October should be in the high 60's during the day... almost a little chilly for us Florida Racers, but Juuuuust right for traction!
Jpilone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 07:41 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone got an address for the track or somewhere close to it so I can plug it in mapquest. I just want to get an idea of the route I would be taking.
Chewdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 07:49 AM   #18
Tech Regular

Unless something major knocks me off course, I plan on attending this race. Have wanted to make a race at one of the Ohio tracks for a long time and looks like this year I will have the opening to do it. From the Woods video, looks like a very fun track!!
P2gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:09 AM   #19
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewdogg
Anyone got an address for the track or somewhere close to it so I can plug it in mapquest. I just want to get an idea of the route I would be taking.
The address below should work:
45 Forest Lake Ln,
Hamilton, Ohio 45014

Also, here are some general instructions traveling on I-75:
1-75 Exit 19
Travel West to Union Centre Blvd
Union Centre Blvd changes to Symmes Road (continue West)
Turn right at River Road (North)
Travel .25 miles, park entrance is on the left
Track is located on the first road to the right

Doug
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:10 AM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i can say that i have enjoyed all the races i have gone to in florida
i had a great time at the nats. and thought that rafael and kevin
did a great job, i look forward to cincinnati
michael 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:35 AM   #21
Tech Addict

Quote:
The address below should work:
45 Forest Lake Ln,
Hamilton, Ohio 45014
thanks...it worked
Chewdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 12:37 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default ROAR Nationals

Thank you Andrew for your comments, you are right on par. I'm not sure what last years event has to do with ours, but I'm sure all attending our event will be pleased. This will the clubs 5th Nitro National, on top of the multiple world events, so we anticipate a smooth and exciting National!
Dennis Young
dyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 01:51 PM   #23
Tech Master

I am not sure who can answer this question. Is the layout of the track changeable or does it still resemble the one on the VRC game.. The VRC game requires a lot of concentration not to jump the car on the curbs.. Are the curbs in real life similar to those on the game? Hopefully I can attend one of these races!

April 22 Test n Tune
23 Club Race #1
30 Club Race #2

May 6-7 MWS - Cincinnati, OH
21 Club Race #3
28 Club Race #4

June 3-4 MWS - Toledo, OH
11 Club Race #5
18 Club Race #6
24-25 MWS Racine, WI

July 2 RC Pro On-Road - Cincinnati, OH
9 Club Race #7
16 Club Race #8
22-23 MWS - Chicago, IL
30 Club Race #9

Aug 4, 5 & 6 Great Lakes Challenge - Toledo
13 Club Race #10
26-27 MWS - Mentor, OH

Sept 2-3 Tri-State 200 - Cincinnati, OH
10 Club Race #11
16-17 MWS - Detroit, MI

Oct 6, 7 & 8 2006 ROAR 'Open' Fuel Nationals
22 Club Race #12
29 Rain Date
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 02:46 PM   #24
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE=rangulo]I am not sure who can answer this question. Is the layout of the track changeable or does it still resemble the one on the VRC game.. The VRC game requires a lot of concentration not to jump the car on the curbs.. Are the curbs in real life similar to those on the game? Hopefully I can attend one of these races!

Rangulo,
I believe the layout is the same as the VRC game(Note: I've never played VCR). It has not changed from the 2003 1/8th worlds. The curbs for most part are there to keep the racing line honest. There are a few that you don't want any part of or your car will become a airplane We've found that most visiting RC racers have been able to pick up the fast line with very little practice. We look forward to your visit.
John
John Schuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:45 PM   #25
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Angry Who The F*ck is eightscaleracer?

Quote:
eightscaleracer
Tech Rookie
2 Posts Since Feb 2006 02-25-2006, 01:01 PM Post #9

Sorry, I not putting the blame on Rafael but ROAR. They should have picked a track with more large event experience. I've been to over 2 dozen National and World events both in Gas and Electric and that event ranked in the top 3 worst run events.

Hey village idiot I just noticed that you can't even spell, look at the spelling in your name. Why don't you shut up and go away? The Roar Nats at Kissimmee RC Raceway was the best Roar race I've ever been to. My name is Freddy Villalona why don't you post your name? *ssholes like you is what makes this hobby unpopular sometimes, keep your hater comments to yourself you Dumbf*ck!
kanai2racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:34 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightscaleracer
Well at least ROAR picked a race organization with more experience running a national event, unlike the 2005 Nats (Kissimme)

why don't you start you own bitch thread and don't highjack ours? i sure hope you aren't a local in cincy.that nick. sounds familiar but i can't remember where i saw it before.
sedanaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 03:56 PM   #27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I've been to a lot of large scale races this year and Kissimmee was great on both visits.... old and new ownership! Nitro Showdown in Feb. 05 and the Nat's in Nov. 05. I liked the new layout much better than the old as well. It resembles one of my other favorite tracks.... Toledo!!

I hope they get more big races in Kissimmee!! Great vacation spot for us out of staters!!
BYRON'S FUEL/TWISTER TIRES
cdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 05:01 PM   #28
Tech Master

I just looked at the Pro series website and you seem to have a race in the middle of summer. I think I will try to go test there.

How is the traction now you guys sealed the surface? I imagine the wear is really good. Is the traction like the toledo's track.. Do you guys use the same traction additive as toledo...
Rafael
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 06:30 PM   #29
Tech Regular

Default Traction?

Ummmm, yeah, we have traction

Let me see if this works, it's a copy from another thread.. If it does work, it's a large video (7:22 minutes) put together by the clubs own RCBob and may give you some idea of the tracks layout and traction...

MWS Highlights from Cincinnati

Let me address two items,

First, while watching the video you'll notice that it was a little cooler than normal during this race Over the last two years we've raced well into November, the temperature after this video for the next two months was in the 70's and 80's... However, I thought the video would be nice for the viewing public to gain a little insight to the track and its layout.

Secondarily, I'd like this thread to focus on the future and not the past. After reading a few of the previous posts I'm consistently surprised (and offended) that anyone would challenge in such a way on a public forum, an either all volunteer organization "ROAR" or a club that has volunteered to spend an extreme amount of time, money and effort to volunteer to promote and host an extremely important event, which is only trying to further OUR hobby, that we all spend time enjoying (just beyond me I guess).
Darint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:00 PM   #30
Tech Apprentice

Rafael, we have offered the toledo traction mix to Cincy guy's. We will see which way they go. By the way, when you watch the video from our last Midwest Series race in Cincy, things were really that cold. I will see if I can bring a few extra stocking caps, we needed them that weekend for sure. Three days later and the the temps. were in the mid 70's.

Helpfully suggestion, have your vision checked before you arrive in May or July. The far left hand corner of this track is a long way aways. It makes and 1/8th scale car look smaller than a 1/18th. It is really more of follow the dot type of racing.

It is a good track to race on, once you feel comfortable. Numerous places to make passes.
Thammer is offline   Reply With Quote