R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-10-2006, 07:32 AM   #151
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Hey captain how'd it go down there? What class did you run in?
Old 05-10-2006, 02:10 PM   #152
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Hey captain how'd it go down there? What class did you run in?
i didnt do good . miss my plane got down there and unpack and in 10 minutes was first heat . never got a good setup on my car traction was up and down on parts of the track . it changed all day . so i never got a handle on setup with my 960
Old 05-10-2006, 02:17 PM   #153
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by captian
i didnt do good . miss my plane got down there and unpack and in 10 minutes was first heat . never got a good setup on my car traction was up and down on parts of the track . it changed all day . so i never got a handle on setup with my 960
Look at it this way, you have a 5 months ahead in hand "PREVIEW" of the national track.........then you have these 5 months to trouble shooting the 960 for the national.

Make sure you are not going to miss the flight this time.......it will only get worst (more racer) in October...
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:47 PM   #154
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
Look at it this way, you have a 5 months ahead in hand "PREVIEW" of the national track.........then you have these 5 months to trouble shooting the 960 for the national.

Make sure you are not going to miss the flight this time.......it will only get worst (more racer) in October...
ya that was the plan so yes i have time . i did learn a lot with gearing and clutch setup and engine tuneing . and tire compound . so i do have a good head start
P.S. i will be there one full day before
Old 05-10-2006, 03:05 PM   #155
Tech Champion

Back to the National.......can someone confirm me this race will be ONLY 1/8th OPEN and MASTER and without 200mm and 1/10th outlaw classes...? I am a little lost by reading at the other forum. I am trying to sign up for the 1/8th only but I have to determine those who is riding the RV with us are going to run 1/8th but not 200mm so they won't ride with us and find out they cannot race but refueling us for 2 full days...thanks
Old 05-10-2006, 04:00 PM   #156
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

That sucks captain. Hopefully things will be better next time!
Old 05-10-2006, 04:04 PM   #157
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Nationals

Mr. Solara,
Unfortunately ROAR took the 200MM open and 235 classes and moved them with the Sedan Nationals in California. We now have the 1/8th Open and the 1/8 th Masters. Good news is we'll have more openings, bad news a lot of touring folks won't get to run.
Thx
Dennis Young
dyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:46 PM   #158
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
That sucks captain. Hopefully things will be better next time!
some times that happins
Old 05-10-2006, 04:49 PM   #159
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyoung
Mr. Solara,
Unfortunately ROAR took the 200MM open and 235 classes and moved them with the Sedan Nationals in California. We now have the 1/8th Open and the 1/8 th Masters. Good news is we'll have more openings, bad news a lot of touring folks won't get to run.
Thx
Dennis Young
that suck i have no pitman now
Old 05-11-2006, 10:26 AM   #160
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyoung
Mr. Solara,
Thx
Dennis Young
Not a problem for me.........but thanks for the information cause now I can tell my buddy no need to bring his TC and just concentrate to PIT me for the whole weekend...........just want to get the information right. THANKS Dennis.

Jimmy.....no need to worry, as long as we are on the different heats and mains (which I am sure I will a lot lower then you), I can always refuel you....UNLESS I have to marshall your race. I am sure there are plenty of ppl can give you (and me) a hand....it is afterall a 1/8th OPEN NATIONAL, it is impoosible there are no 1 single person to help a fellow racer....if Michael Salven is coming (wild dream)...I will ask him to pit for us, what do you think..?
Old 05-11-2006, 10:37 AM   #161
Tech Master

Quote:
Not a problem for me.........but thanks for the information cause now I can tell my buddy no need to bring his TC and just concentrate to PIT me for the whole weekend...........just want to get the information right. THANKS Dennis.

Jimmy.....no need to worry, as long as we are on the different heats and mains (which I am sure I will a lot lower then you), I can always refuel you....UNLESS I have to marshall your race. I am sure there are plenty of ppl can give you (and me) a hand....it is afterall a 1/8th OPEN NATIONAL, it is impoosible there are no 1 single person to help a fellow racer....if Michael Salven is coming (wild dream)...I will ask him to pit for us, what do you think..?
thanks thats good to know howard all smiles here .from what i understand michael may show us to give serpent racers a hand . lets see he was there for the last one
Old 05-11-2006, 10:44 AM   #162
Tech Champion

Quote:
thanks thats good to know howard all smiles here .from what i understand michael may show us to give serpent racers a hand . lets see he was there for the last one
When I was in HK early this year......met him in person at the Serpent Asia tour, and he DOES offer his help to tune enigne, setup cars, offer free replacement parts and other things (like typical serpent customer support...A++++)..including refilling for us....however, I will never forgive myself if I asked him to pit for me...asking a world champion to pit for ppl like me, that is PLAIN WRONG...
Old 05-11-2006, 11:07 AM   #163
Tech Master

Quote:
When I was in HK early this year......met him in person at the Serpent Asia tour, and he DOES offer his help to tune enigne, setup cars, offer free replacement parts and other things (like typical serpent customer support...A++++)..including refilling for us....however, I will never forgive myself if I asked him to pit for me...asking a world champion to pit for ppl like me, that is PLAIN WRONG...
yes your right he is a nice guy . well its never wrong when you ask for help you no that helping you out and seeing you do well may make his day we all have to start some where
Old 05-11-2006, 12:15 PM   #164
Tech Champion

Quote:
yes your right he is a nice guy . well its never wrong when you ask for help you no that helping you out and seeing you do well may make his day we all have to start some where
Lately, unless it is the MAIN EVENT (like this one)....MS are only there for team support and Q&A for Serpent dirvers/user...........I just want to see Barry Baker with his 960.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:25 PM   #165
Tech Master

Quote:
Lately, unless it is the MAIN EVENT (like this one)....MS are only there for team support and Q&A for Serpent dirvers/user...........I just want to see Barry Baker with his 960.
well you have missed out barry is really fast with the 960