Tech Elite

car pic
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
untitled.bmp (196.1 KB, 1163 views)
Old 12-31-2004, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

From the testing of a sample car at Tamiya America, it looks very promising.
Old 12-31-2004, 05:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

So is Tamiya gearing this car towards racing or play?
Old 12-31-2004, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Randy Caster
So is Tamiya gearing this car towards racing or play?
Racing apparently ....
Old 12-31-2004, 05:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Racing apparently ....
I'll be interested to see it in action then. I gotta say I'm really happy with my MS, so I hope their gas car is just as good.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

the car is going to be fast just like other shaft cars. this car is going to be easy on your motor because just like the ofna cd3 there is very little friction to the drivetrain setup but most cars like this one over weight over just on the heavyside. it would be intersting to see what it weighs?
Old 01-04-2005, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

From the reviews in a couple of r/c magazines, the car is getting great marks. The last time I saw grades like that, the MTX-3, 710, and FW-05 were being reviewed. It looks like Tamiya, being dragged kicking and screaming , into the up-to-date world of nitro r/c racing. They are only 10+ years behind but trying to make up for it in a major way.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

If you ask me this car looks like a copy of the FW05R and CD3

maybe Tamiya are trying to catch up but copying designs?

o well
Old 01-04-2005, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TRAJ
If you ask me this car looks like a copy of the FW05R and CD3

maybe Tamiya are trying to catch up but copying designs?

o well
Guys like you kill me with the "copying designs" statements. If you really look at it, most of the cars look like the other anyway. If you really break things down, you can only put a drivetrain on a car a handful of ways, mount the engine in only a handful of ways, and put the tank and electronics on in a handful of positions. Unless a company comes out with a radically-designed car that defies convention, all of these cars are going to resemble each other; not many ways around that. Heck, Associated copied the Tamiya TG series for their NTC3 and everyone thought that AE invented the nitro shaft tourer when in fact, Tamiya's version was out for almost 10 years prior.

Another point: The FW-05 was not the first of its design. Mugen had the Prime 12, now known as the MSX-3, which is the precursor to the Kyosho version, on the market about 5 to 7 years before. Tamiya and Mugen did not design them as top-level racers; AE and Kyosho just evolved them into top level cars.

Back to the topic at hand, looks like Tamiya will jump right into the thick of things. Lets hope that they will be better at parts availability than Trinity, Yokomo, Team Magic, and now Serpent.

Last edited by JLock; 04-07-2005 at 07:15 AM.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

this forum is open to opinions

so dont get your rags because i have stated mine!
Old 01-05-2005, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TRAJ

this forum is open to opinions

so dont get your rags because i have stated mine!
You have the right to your opinion. I just think it is a cop-out opinion though. Every thread started on a new car had the cop-out "This car is a copy of....." statement. Like I said earlier, until someone comes out with a radical design that defies all the logic that we know of r/c touring cars designs, all of these cars will resemble each other in one shape, form, or fashion. Tell us something we don't know, not something we already know.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

Default high center of gravity

I just got the car together and it seems their are plenty of places that they could have placed lower. In comparison to the ntc3 the mk2 seems a little tall in a lot of areas. I'll try and get it out on the Tamiya track in a couple of weeks once the wife sign my permission slip again.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: high center of gravity

Originally posted by jbackslash
I just got the car together and it seems their are plenty of places that they could have placed lower. In comparison to the ntc3 the mk2 seems a little tall in a lot of areas. I'll try and get it out on the Tamiya track in a couple of weeks once the wife sign my permission slip again.
Keep us informed. It has received some good reviews in a couple of r/c mags. I have been partial to Tamiya (they got me started in this hobby) and if fellow racers can back up the glowing reviews, I may opt for it over the FW-05 (not too partial to Kyosho).
Old 01-06-2005, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by JLock
Guys like you kill me with the "copying designs" statements. If you really look at it, most of the cars look like the other anyway. If you really break things down, you can only put a drivetrain on a car a handful of ways, mount the engine in only a handful of ways, and put the tank and electronics on in a handful of positions. Unless a company comes out with a radically-designed car that defies convention, all of these cars are going to resemble each other; not many ways around that. Heck, Associated copied the Tamiya TG series for their NTC3 and everyone thought that AE invented the nitro shaft tourer when in fact, Tamiya's version was out for almost 10 years prior.

Another point: The FW-05 was not the first of its design. Mugen had the MSX-3, which is the precursor to the Kyosho version, on he market about 5 to 7 years before. Tamiya and Mugen did not design them as top-level racers; AE and Kyosho just evolved them into top level cars.
Agree.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.