R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-23-2003, 08:49 AM   #166
Tech Adept

ziggy12345 -

Ive been traveling with work ( need to fund racing)

I run an MTX3 with an RB X12T 5 port motor in the foam class.

Currently running the Kawahara LOLA shell because it gives more steering than the Yokomo shell from CML.

Put side by side the Kawahara shell has a longer and steeper nose with a shorter tail than the Yokomo shell.

It gave just the right feel to the car.
Bob The Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 10:06 AM   #167
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has anyone made suggestions for a 200mm Toyota GT-One or BMW LMR V-12 body be developed? The prototype Audi and Cadillac shells would also be some good alteratives to just having the lola open and closed cockpit bodies.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 07:05 PM   #168
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

JLock,

You know....... I once dealt with Modellor and Nitrodude who are supposed to be "Maximum Performance Project" or part of that company, (what ever) and all I can say about them is sure, they might be able to crank out a part or two, only in handfulls at a time by the looks of it. But trust me, and I mean trust me, any suggestions for more body styles or anything for that matter would end up being no more than just a suggestion . All I can say is, I'll never deal with these two pipe dreamers again, that's for dang sure . Suggesting any ideas is like kicking a dead horse , especially when it comes to getting anything out of MPP. Just thought you should know.
BigBlock45R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 07:58 PM   #169
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

tianci, your sig is mugen, but that car look like an associated NTC3, what is it? and if it is a NTC3 what is the part number for that body?
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 12:36 AM   #170
Tech Master

tallyrc - yes I drive a Mugen and used to a NTC3, the Loletta shell fits MUGEN, NTC3, 705 and also Kyoshos, seen them all use it. The distributor for the shell in Malaysia hold the dealership of AE stull hence, a TC3 car on display.
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 11:47 AM   #171
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Quote:
Originally posted by BigBlock45R
JLock,

You know....... I once dealt with Modellor and Nitrodude who are supposed to be "Maximum Performance Project" or part of that company, (what ever) and all I can say about them is sure, they might be able to crank out a part or two, only in handfulls at a time by the looks of it. But trust me, and I mean trust me, any suggestions for more body styles or anything for that matter would end up being no more than just a suggestion . All I can say is, I'll never deal with these two pipe dreamers again, that's for dang sure . Suggesting any ideas is like kicking a dead horse , especially when it comes to getting anything out of MPP. Just thought you should know.

Well, i respect all the opinnions that people give ... but i disagree with you about this guys ... specially about Modellor ...

I dont know if this guys are just dreamers, but i know they work hard for the hobby, have a lot of experience and best of all, they are willing wo SHARE the experience with others (basically all my setup skills i received from Modellor).

Just my words about this issue ...

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 07:15 PM   #172
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Hey modellor, whats the latest on these things?
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 05:33 AM   #173
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by BigBlock45R
JLock,

Back then, yes there were a few problems but you got to be honest and say I at all times made as much effort as I possibly could (being 8000miles away) to solve your problem. Yes, Nitrodude was only able to make parts in small quantities at a time due to unforeseen problems.
However, Pipe Dreamers is not the correct word. Due to the lack of time Nitrodude was able to commit due to his main job taking priority we decided to put things on hold. We decided instead to wait and we are now finishing discussions with several factories who we will be contracting to produce the products for us. Once these talks are finalised then the parts will start flowing on a regular basis.
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 05:36 AM   #174
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Tabushi
Well, i respect all the opinnions that people give ... but i disagree with you about this guys ... specially about Modellor ...

I dont know if this guys are just dreamers, but i know they work hard for the hobby, have a lot of experience and best of all, they are willing wo SHARE the experience with others (basically all my setup skills i received from Modellor).

Just my words about this issue ...
Hi Tabushi,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I too respect what others have said. Its what will make us better in the future.

I dont have my AOL email anymore.

You can email at [email protected] if you need to get hold of me.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:20 PM   #175
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Its been a while since you guys have updated the people on your progress. You still doing this or not?
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 07:37 PM   #176
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by trackdesigner71
Its been a while since you guys have updated the people on your progress. You still doing this or not?
Not at the minute. We are working on something a little bigger with another company which will come to light before Christmas. We decided against the GTP shells for the time being because looking at the market most countries are favouring TC shells and even our own open 200mm class in hte UK is possibly going to be TC shells next year.

But we will keep you informed if the situation changes.

Watch for the news
Old 09-20-2004, 05:12 PM   #177
Tech Elite

TC bodies SUCK!
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 05:58 PM   #178
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by duneland
TC bodies SUCK!
Old 09-20-2004, 06:15 PM   #179
Tech Apprentice

umm weird but we have 20 of those 200mm lolas on the shelf right now,, and have more coming in since they seem to be very popular with the locals here.......

-Will-
RcPit
South San Francisco,Ca
650-872-8988
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 05:36 AM   #180
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Will
umm weird but we have 20 of those 200mm lolas on the shelf right now,, and have more coming in since they seem to be very popular with the locals here.......

-Will-
RcPit
South San Francisco,Ca
650-872-8988
Yes. Dont get me wrong. I realise there are some die-hard clubs that are using them but in general the racing is going to towards TC shells on a global aspect with ROAR, EFRA, IFMAR etc. I dont believe this will change for many years to come. I myself am a die-hard GTP person and will always push my vote towards them.