Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Which .12 to buy >

Which .12 to buy

Like Tree4Likes

Which .12 to buy

Old 09-25-2018, 06:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
For such a low price you can only buy used fast motors of the past that were tuned by murnan or Abmods....A good choice would be a used Picco .12 Evo 3 jlr red dot tuned......
What... no way would i buy someones used bit of junk. Not worth the hassle buying second hand engines. Absolute Hobbyz has Novarossi Flash for a good deal which would be my suggestion.
nitrodude, GrandeGixxer and Dane like this.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:33 PM
Tech Lord

Ehm guys, he is a newbe, no use to advice any fast engine even when it is just above his budget of 150 dollar.
Keep in mind when ordering in the US the customs will add VAT and an import fee on those prices......

The Sturm is really a good affordable and still a reasonable fast engine
ABC-rc-Shop
https://www.rccar24.com/artikeldet.p...d4c7e691199c16
Old 09-26-2018, 12:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roelof
I do not know much about the 2.1cc but my local club is also running a stock engine and some Picco (Serpent) fanboys wanted to run the Picco PSS as well like the German Hobbycup. They are good and fast but all who have tryed them had same issues, no long lifespan. I know from the older .21 models like the EVO 2 and 3 that they can go on for a long time.

The Novarossi N12T1 now called the Sturm is a good and very affordable engine. With the .21 clas they are running the Novarossi ISON21 as stock engine but that same Serpent fanboy is now an OS fanboy and wants to add the new low budget OSMAX R21 on the list. I wonder if OS is also comming with an .12 low budget version.
Roelof, I do not know where you get your info, but the issues some had with the .21 picco based pss engine do not translate to the .12! We have run it together with the nova sturm in this years national championship and found no issues at all. If anything I have had less with the picco than with the Nova!
Also the bottom end of the picco pss is quite a bit better than the Sturm. Although the latest batch Sturm has a revised crankshaft which improves the bottom end a bit.

To summarise. As an engine to learn your car, for practice and even for racing, both the sturm and picco pss are very well suited. There are some offers on a package for sonic pss with pipe combo for around €220. Which is very good value for money!
Old 09-26-2018, 04:49 AM
Tech Lord

Those were the stories of a few drivers that have tried these engines.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roelof
Those were the stories of a few drivers that have tried these engines.
well the can’t have been recent 1/10 stories as we just allowed these engines at the nationals this year. And those that have used them did not have issues. Best to use personal experience over stories of others....
Old 09-26-2018, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Julius

well the can’t have been recent 1/10 stories as we just allowed these engines at the nationals this year. And those that have used them did not have issues. Best to use personal experience over stories of others....
Julius: Today if it is on the internet for people to read it is fact regardless of anyone else's opinion or experience.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ggc820
Hi guys I have brand new X-ray nt1'09 and I'm looking for engine, please advice engine for competitions with best price/value.
If you are from Ukraine, contact Alex Osovik from Kharkov, Profi Micro Engines. I am pretty sure he will be able to help.
Свяжись с Алексом Осовиком. Он из Харькова. Скажи Эдик из Лос Анжелеса посоветовал. Что бы его найти вот его телефон +380 90-54-93

будут вопросы задавай. Я тут в RCTech раньше много крутился. Знаком лично со всеми акулами он-роад. Правда сейчас отошел от спорта.