Like Tree16Likes

MRX6-R

Old 07-10-2019, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR View Post
Congrats on joining the Mugen club. Yes, suspension front are rear from the 6 are same as on the 6r. Only difference is the rear carbon shock mounts that attach to the back of the suspension arms. The 6R is three hole, the 6 is two hole. You can use the 6 part on the 6R but shock angle will be different. As for parts difference, main change that are not compatible are the carbon radio tray, lower chassis, rear lower bulkheads, steering assembly and center pulley shaft holder. Shocks are same but rear shocks use a longer lower plastic ball end piece (because of the narrower rear bulkheads, the total shock length needs to be longer. Pretty much all other parts are the same from the 6 to the 6r.

Best places West Coast to order: Nitrohouse.com (best prices), Mugenracing.com and Amainhobbies.com. On the East Coast (if others are out of stock), Absolutehobbyz.com. Mugen and Nitro house are out of stock on some items right now but I heard from Nitro House that a shipment should be arriving soon to Mugen.

I will be at Steel City this Sunday July 14th so if you can make it by, stop and say hi.

Panda
Thanks Panda for the info really appreciate it, can wait to run this bad boy I might make it out sunday afternoon or Saturday.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Hey Kevin what is the best bodies to use on the MRX6r ?
Old 07-14-2019, 01:08 AM
Tech Champion

Blitz TS035 is a good body.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BigC2007 View Post
I like the Protoform R18 and 19. It's not a bad idea to have both. IMO I'm sure others work well. But those two are my choices.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Roelof and Kevin.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

LMAO
Old 07-18-2019, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pooh2 View Post
LMAO
Be nice Pooh. We did sit by each other at the KO race so easy to confuse us. (ha, ha).

Panda
Pooh2 likes this.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Everyone has a different opinion of what body works best for them. I am running the Xtreme Aerodynamics bodies because 1.) They are pre-cut, 2.) I pay full price for my bodies and 3.) They are pre-cut. Okay, fun aside, I prefer the R-18 "Strong" body. Has the most steering, more aggressive on the nose shaping than the R-18. R-18 would be next but has less steering (similar to the PF-18). I have tried the Diablo body (similar to the PF-19) and it has the least steering but most stable which for some is better. A pushy car is easier to drive. I would say choose based on your driving style as it is all about what your are comfortable with most, not what is comfortable for someone else. The more comfortable you are with your car, the faster you will be. If you are okay with a little push but a very stable car, got for the Diablo or PF-19 body. If you like a car with more steering and a little edgy, go for the R-18 strong, R-18 or PF-18.

I will be at Steel City this Sunday the 21st and have both the R-18 Strong and Diablo bodies so if you make it out, I can show you the differences. Just look for this car in the pit area. The body pictured here is the Xtreme Aerodynamics R-18 Strong.

Panda

Pooh2 likes this.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Be nice Pooh. We did sit by each other at the KO race so easy to confuse us. (ha, ha).

Panda
Ha Ha sorry about that but hey Pooh let Kevin take the credit this time and you take it next time.
Pooh2 likes this.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Everyone has a different opinion of what body works best for them. I am running the Xtreme Aerodynamics bodies because 1.) They are pre-cut, 2.) I pay full price for my bodies and 3.) They are pre-cut. Okay, fun aside, I prefer the R-18 "Strong" body. Has the most steering, more aggressive on the nose shaping than the R-18. R-18 would be next but has less steering (similar to the PF-18). I have tried the Diablo body (similar to the PF-19) and it has the least steering but most stable which for some is better. A pushy car is easier to drive. I would say choose based on your driving style as it is all about what your are comfortable with most, not what is comfortable for someone else. The more comfortable you are with your car, the faster you will be. If you are okay with a little push but a very stable car, got for the Diablo or PF-19 body. If you like a car with more steering and a little edgy, go for the R-18 strong, R-18 or PF-18.

I will be at Steel City this Sunday the 21st and have both the R-18 Strong and Diablo bodies so if you make it out, I can show you the differences. Just look for this car in the pit area. The body pictured here is the Xtreme Aerodynamics R-18 Strong.

Panda

Thanks for the good info
Old 07-18-2019, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Ha Ha sorry about that but hey Pooh let Kevin take the credit this time and you take it next time.
Pooh is an awesome guy from the East. Meet him for the first time at the KO Race and hope to travel back East to run a race at his local track next year. Hope he can teach me a few things when I do. Pooh has been running nitro a LOT longer than I have.

Panda
Pooh2 likes this.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Pooh is an awesome guy from the East. Meet him for the first time at the KO Race and hope to travel back East to run a race at his local track next year. Hope he can teach me a few things when I do. Pooh has been running nitro a LOT longer than I have.

Panda
Thank you! I love my nitro family!!! I would love for us to grow and grow!!! We have to keep tracks alive and show them our support!
Old 07-18-2019, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Thank you! I love my nitro family!!! I would love for us to grow and grow!!! We have to keep tracks alive and show them our support!
Gotta give you props as a dad also. Your son was so polite and respectful. Nitro Family is how I feel since I moved from electric to nitro in September 2018. Steven Jackson twisted my arm and I can't thank him enough since. Such a different vibe from when I raced electric. I like how even on practice or club race days, we all hang out together in the pits or go out for dinner later and it is a mix of Mugen, Serpent and X-Ray drivers. Obviously with Worlds at Steel City this year, will be heavily focused at my home track the rest of this year but Steven who has traveled to races out of state before and raced nitro since the late '90's has me convinced to take some "nitro vacations" next year.

Panda
Pooh2 likes this.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Good am going to need all the support I need to keep my MRX6R off the walls .. haha and I agree 100% on keeping the track alive.
Pooh2 likes this.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Default 1st time running the MRX6R

Finally got the chance to run down to Steel City RC Raceway and run my MRX6R my LORD it made me look good its so easy to drive and the handling was almost on rails. Even with the track being on the loose side. I had some issues with the clutch at 1st but after it was dialed in it was all fun after that. It was consisted all day and felt planted. The only downfall to my fun today was my engine let go and seized up ending my day.

But guys I am diggin the MRX6R !!!!
Kevin CBR, Who and Grid5teamracing like this.

Last edited by BigC2007; 07-21-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service