Serpent 750 Natrix >

Serpent 750 Natrix

Like Tree34Likes

Serpent 750 Natrix

Old 10-29-2018, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
All the nitro top guys were very close at the worlds.....Unfortunate calls about jump starts in the finals: it could have been a real close final......
Agreed!! I got to watch a lot of the races as I had a keen interest in how my RC buds were doing down there. Refereeing seemed very inconsistent. I'll leave it at that..
Old 10-29-2018, 11:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I remember not liking the call that was made against Paul Lemieux after his pass on Martin Hudy, on a side by side collision in the last S turns...I hope they decide to move the loop to another section of the track where there is no chicanes and enough space behind the loop to stop those ridiculous dives at the loop from wrecking the cars: I would say 25 feet before pitlane would be perfect.....
Old 10-30-2018, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
Everyone happy with the build quality of the 750? Any issues? Again, for me, the front arms needed a lot of attention. I get to go to the US/World Nitro Cup in Florida for it's first race. I very optimistic it's going to be great right outta the box. Going to wait for Joaquin's and Dominics setups from the Worlds to see how they compare to each others and the kit setup before final adjustments.
front upper arms? The lower ones were fine with me. Uppers needed a minimal shave of the inserts. I prefer to shave the inserts because when a quick change of arm is neede I will forget to shave it 😂
Old 10-30-2018, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Julius

front upper arms? The lower ones were fine with me. Uppers needed a minimal shave of the inserts. I prefer to shave the inserts because when a quick change of arm is neede I will forget to shave it 😂
The uppers were fine! The bottoms were not lined up front to rear. Lots of reaming and testing. SerpentAmerica has 750 kits and parts in stock. I'm going to order spares and check them out.

I never thought to clearance the insert, I sand the 2mm caster clip on a flat surface until I get the desired arm drop.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
The uppers were fine! The bottoms were not lined up front to rear. Lots of reaming and testing. SerpentAmerica has 750 kits and parts in stock. I'm going to order spares and check them out.

I never thought to clearance the insert, I sand the 2mm caster clip on a flat surface until I get the desired arm drop.
interesting. I did not have any issue with the lower ones. Also I don’t mind if they are just slightly tight. They free up after the first run normally.
grinding the caster clip is fine as well. But my caster clips often have a way of doing a magical disappearing act... so I grind stuff I am less likely to lose 😂
TeamCarnage and azeroth like this.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET

750 released
Old 01-10-2019, 02:27 AM
Tech Rookie

hey guys, anyone picked this up? i just ordered one from Amain and will have it next week. looking for any opinons on this, just got back into on road, the last serpent i had was a 710 lol. not finding much as far as build threads on this yet. any opinons on what reciever pack and type to run? not very familiar with life and lippo packs though i do have a charger for them. not sure about what size the car requires? servos will be 6.0 volt savox
Old 01-10-2019, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

For the information your looking for I would look thru the 748WC forum. The Natrix 750 is a fairly new chassis. But the 748wc and 750 share the same info when answering your questions. For servos I prefer Low profile servos. I would only us a lipo battery if you are using high voltage electronics.

Pass you soon...
Old 01-14-2019, 05:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by lil-bump
For the information your looking for I would look thru the 748WC forum. The Natrix 750 is a fairly new chassis. But the 748wc and 750 share the same info when answering your questions. For servos I prefer Low profile servos. I would only us a lipo battery if you are using high voltage electronics.

Pass you soon...
after a bunch of research I decided to go with just a nice NIMH flat pack, seems most do this and are happy with it. just received the engine and pipe set up, I will receive the car and all electronics on 1/16 and look forward to getting my hands on it and starting the build. thank you for all of your help!
Old 01-15-2019, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by r1paniccia
after a bunch of research I decided to go with just a nice NIMH flat pack, seems most do this and are happy with it. just received the engine and pipe set up, I will receive the car and all electronics on 1/16 and look forward to getting my hands on it and starting the build. thank you for all of your help!
have fun building.
Just make sure when using an nimh pack to shim the fuel tank if needed. The manual has info on this.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

My build went pretty well. All of my arms were fine. The only issue I had is the shims on the brake pad module. I opted for 1.0 mm shims vice the 1.5 shims. I also had to add a small amount of shims behind the 2 speed pin to make sure the housing doesn't touch the right rear bulkhd because of the thinner shims. This also lined up the rear pulley a little better.

Last edited by lil-bump; 01-16-2019 at 07:26 AM.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lil-bump
My build went pretty well. All of my arms were fine. The only issue I had is the shims on the brake pad module. I opted for 1.0 mm shims vice the 1.5 shims. I also had to add a small amount of shims behind the 2 speed pin to make sure the housing doesn't touch the right rear bulkhd because of the thinner shims. This also lined up the rear pulley a little better.
the spacing of the brake pad module is close indeed. I used the 1.5 shims but attached the brake module to the 2speed bearing block before installing on the chassis.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

ARROWMAX 750 Chassis Arrowspace Mg
Old 01-29-2019, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Default How Much?

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
ARROWMAX 750 Chassis Arrowspace Mg
I've seen this chassis on RedRC. Gotta wear out my current chassis before considering this. Even then, not sure I want to give up the weight as far as CoG goes. Thoughts??
Old 01-29-2019, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Same here... In stock form my 750 is only 22 grams over the legal limit with 1 25 gram weight installed. Too much weight removed too low in the car....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.