Serpent 750 Natrix >

Serpent 750 Natrix

Like Tree16Likes

Serpent 750 Natrix

Old 01-30-2019, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by r1paniccia View Post
hey guys, anyone picked this up? i just ordered one from Amain and will have it next week. looking for any opinons on this, just got back into on road, the last serpent i had was a 710 lol. not finding much as far as build threads on this yet. any opinons on what reciever pack and type to run? not very familiar with life and lippo packs though i do have a charger for them. not sure about what size the car requires? servos will be 6.0 volt savox

car is sooooo much better than the 748. Rear grip is on point. Running the kit setup except for blue springs, 2 hole 2 stage pistons and 900cst (per Walters suggestion)and I am already .5 second faster than my 748 on two different tracks! Even using the kit Dif oils!
Pit-racer and wad like this.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
For the information your looking for I would look thru the 748WC forum. The Natrix 750 is a fairly new chassis. But the 748wc and 750 share the same info when answering your questions. For servos I prefer Low profile servos. I would only us a lipo battery if you are using high voltage electronics.

Pass you soon...
are the low profile servos required for this chassis? thought I read somewhere that standard size will hit the tank on the 748? I picked up 2 savox hi speed standard size not knowing this, should I pick up 2 low profile servos and just delay the build for another week or so?
Old 02-04-2019, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

You need a low-profile servo for the throttle/brake. A standard will work for steering.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage View Post
You need a low-profile servo for the throttle/brake. A standard will work for steering.
awesome, thank you for the help
Old 02-05-2019, 05:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post

car is sooooo much better than the 748. Rear grip is on point. Running the kit setup except for blue springs, 2 hole 2 stage pistons and 900cst (per Walters suggestion)and I am already .5 second faster than my 748 on two different tracks! Even using the kit Dif oils!
awesome to hear! waiting on a couple servos to come and ill be starting this build!
Old 02-26-2019, 02:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by r1paniccia View Post
awesome to hear! waiting on a couple servos to come and ill be starting this build!
The 748 and 750 were specifically design for low profile servos only, if you put a standard size servo in the steering it will offset the balance of the car.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for all the info up to now. Finalizing my car build now, in the shimming process. Definitely like the changes made on the S750. Diffs positioning is awesome, makes it easy to hold the eccentric position hands free before putting the upper bulk head on. Hope to try this car out at my local track soon.
Pit-racer likes this.
Old 07-05-2019, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Is it safe to say that this is a decent contender? I recently moved down to Homestead, FL (about 5 minutes away from HRCR, as a matter of fact ), and I have the itch to race again after an 18 year hiatus.

I still have my Serpent Impulse (with a few Pro upgrades) that I could TECHNICALLY run, but... yeah- Iíd probably be one or two love taps against a board away from retiring it for good - my spare parts inventory is not that deep, lol. I also doubt that my serpent branded .12 motor (which was manufactured by Novarossi for Serpent IIRC) could hold a candle to the current generation of .12ís regardless. Anyway, Serpent was the only Nitro brand I ever used. Local support for Serpent was always great here in South Florida dating back to the 90ís, and despite all the logistical changes to the company over the years, itís good to see the brand still going.
savage24x likes this.
Old 07-05-2019, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn View Post
Is it safe to say that this is a decent contender? I recently moved down to Homestead, FL (about 5 minutes away from HRCR, as a matter of fact ), and I have the itch to race again after an 18 year hiatus.

I still have my Serpent Impulse (with a few Pro upgrades) that I could TECHNICALLY run, but... yeah- Iíd probably be one or two love taps against a board away from retiring it for good - my spare parts inventory is not that deep, lol. I also doubt that my serpent branded .12 motor (which was manufactured by Novarossi for Serpent IIRC) could hold a candle to the current generation of .12ís regardless. Anyway, Serpent was the only Nitro brand I ever used. Local support for Serpent was always great here in South Florida dating back to the 90ís, and despite all the logistical changes to the company over the years, itís good to see the brand still going.
Nice to see you might come back to race. This Saturday there might be people at the track. Not sure with the holiday weekend, but pass by since you are so close and check it out. From there you can ask questions to see what brands there are and support. I can tell you the 2 main companies locally are RCtarget and Serpent. I race for RCtarget and they carry the Capricorn products and Serpent America is run by Desoto racing. I think the product you have is out dated, but you can come with it to the track and try it out. For racing I think you will want something newer, as a lot has changed, but for sure you can drive your car there.

DJ Apolaro
Old 07-05-2019, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Nice to see you might come back to race. This Saturday there might be people at the track. Not sure with the holiday weekend, but pass by since you are so close and check it out. From there you can ask questions to see what brands there are and support. I can tell you the 2 main companies locally are RCtarget and Serpent. I race for RCtarget and they carry the Capricorn products and Serpent America is run by Desoto racing. I think the product you have is out dated, but you can come with it to the track and try it out. For racing I think you will want something newer, as a lot has changed, but for sure you can drive your car there.

DJ Apolaro
Hey DJ! Good to hear from you. I got my start way back in the day at your Dadís track. Nice to see someone thatís still doing it after all these years. If I can make it, Iíll definitely stop by on Saturday to see if anyone is there.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Hey DJ! Good to hear from you. I got my start way back in the day at your Dadís track. Nice to see someone thatís still doing it after all these years. If I can make it, Iíll definitely stop by on Saturday to see if anyone is there.
Yeah. I stopped for about 20 years and then needed a hobby and got back into it. See you there if you go.

DJ

Old 07-06-2019, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

Well, stopped by the track today around 1:30PM, just to check it out, but no one was there - and with good reason; it started raining in the area no more than 5 minutes after I left. if itís usually open for practice on Saturdays, Iíll stop by in two weeks (Iíll be tied up next week).
Old 08-08-2019, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

Iím one step closer to making my way back to the track... picked up my 750 today! Aside from the usual spare ďextremitiesĒ, are there any specific spares or optionals that I should consider having in my parts box from Day One?
Old 08-08-2019, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Iím one step closer to making my way back to the track... picked up my 750 today! Aside from the usual spare ďextremitiesĒ, are there any specific spares or optionals that I should consider having in my parts box from Day One?
Spurs, and maybe 2speed shoes

Last edited by miller tyme; 08-18-2019 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
Spurs, ans maybe 2speed shoes
Ooh! I hadn't even thought about that... Thanks. I had the pinions in mind, should've thought about the spurs too. I also noticed that since the kit comes with 2 hole pistons, so I may get the 1's and 3's to have them in my box as well. weights can come later too

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service