R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-19-2006, 07:13 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Default stiffer sway bar on outside rear tire?

seen couple cars setup like that,hows that affect your cars handling?im not sure bout it and i dont have time soon to go out an run any of my cars,so does anyone have some knowledge on different sway bar settings from side to side?if i had to guess id say its for a sweeper right,maybe specific to big tracks?
intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 09:40 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by intimidator
seen couple cars setup like that,hows that affect your cars handling?im not sure bout it and i dont have time soon to go out an run any of my cars,so does anyone have some knowledge on different sway bar settings from side to side?if i had to guess id say its for a sweeper right,maybe specific to big tracks?
Different sway bars for the outside and the inside wheels? weird...

Are you sure that you aren't mixing the use of different shore tyres (harder on the outside, softer on inside)? This is common on some big tracks where the outer tyres (front outside) get a severe punishment.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 10:26 AM   #3
Tech Regular

im talking bout the swaybar, the ones for the rear with blades like the front,and you can adjust them separate.suppose you could do the front one side stiffer too?
intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 07:52 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If you adjust on the front swaybar so that one side is up and down and the other side is horizontal it is still the same tension on both of the front arms. This is because they are both in use against one another. If you have both flat it has the swaybar at it's softest setting. If one is up and down and the other side is flat then it is in the medium setting and if they are both up and down then it is in it's stiffest setting. I think that this is what you are asking about.
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:49 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by intimidator
im talking bout the swaybar, the ones for the rear with blades like the front,and you can adjust them separate.suppose you could do the front one side stiffer too?
Nope... if you adjust one side stiffer than the other, the force who can transmit is the same as the stiffest side can manage, doesn't mater if you put one side to 0 degree and the other to 90, you probably end with an adjustment between 0 and 90 degrees for both blades, but you will not get an asimetric roll bar.

Think about the roll bar as a side spring, doesn't matter how hard is one side, is stiff as the weakest side. Both sides need to be adjusted to the same stiffness.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:41 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think that it easier to put one up and down and the other side flat, then to put both at a 45% angle. I know that it is not the same but I do it that way and adjust the front swaybar in three differant set ups as I see the need.
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 06:24 PM   #7
Tech Regular

MOJO is offline   Reply With Quote