Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
2018 Great Lake Challenge >

2018 Great Lake Challenge

Like Tree37Likes

2018 Great Lake Challenge

Old 07-04-2018, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have attended there a few times before, and yes I know pretty much all the fine cast and crew , but this year I can not make it I opened a new track in nj and you know how that goes !! Too much to do ...
Old 07-04-2018, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by davidl
....This is your chance to meet some people of interest in the onroad racing scene in the United States....i.e. Rich Brown, ....
HAHAHAHHAHA-----

Please insert Scott Kimbrow where appropriate....
Old 07-04-2018, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
HAHAHAHHAHA-----

Please insert Scott Kimbrow where appropriate....
Yes Sir! Scott Kimbrow is one of the best in America. Ralphie, you can learn a ton by watching the example Scott sets on-track. And his pit man/race engineer is one of the best in the business. That is why I want you to come to this race. Not many chances each year to see all of this in a short 3 day span. (there, that should be good enough----tic)
Old 07-04-2018, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by davidl
Yes Sir! Scott Kimbrow is one of the best in America. Ralphie, you can learn a ton by watching the example Scott sets on-track. And his pit man/race engineer is one of the best in the business. That is why I want you to come to this race. Not many chances each year to see all of this in a short 3 day span. (there, that should be good enough----tic)
david u make it sound like I never been to a race before!!! lol I have raced against them before.... and even beat a few at my home track!!! but I did hear the man to race is rich brown!!!! and I must say great racing every time I was there always had a ball!! thanks for keeping it going!!
miller tyme likes this.
Old 07-04-2018, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
david u make it sound like I never been to a race before...the man to race is rich brown!!!! ....
Uh, I haven't piloted a car in 10 years.

Certainly no man, myth or legend, unless you have been to the Library....

I do, however, always enjoy your posts Ralphie!
davidl and ralphierace13 like this.
Old 07-04-2018, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
Uh, I haven't piloted a car in 10 years.

Certainly no man, myth or legend, unless you have been to the Library....

I do, however, always enjoy your posts Ralphie!
thanks rich!! I love l reading yours as well, your knowledge is irreplaceable !!!

Old 07-04-2018, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Ralph, you need to come to Toledo so you two can get a room!
Old 07-04-2018, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
Ralph, you need to come to Toledo so you two can get a room!
we got room for you!!!!

Old 07-05-2018, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
we got room for you!!!!
If you’re coming, I’ll pit for you. I’ve already got my room reserved!

i don’t want to have any (s)excapades with you guys in your room though. My room is not an option either.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Entry form coming soon? I'm ready to RACE!!! Never invite Ralph to a race!!! It's a guarantee he won't come!!! I love the guy!!! I'd just like to race with him more often.
GrandeGixxer likes this.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Going to try and make it this year
Old 07-09-2018, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Pooh2
Entry form coming soon? I'm ready to RACE!!! Never invite Ralph to a race!!! It's a guarantee he won't come!!! I love the guy!!! I'd just like to race with him more often.
Should have stayed in NY instead of running scared to Florida...lol... No way to beat Ralph now, unless you're BERT...lol... !!!
Old 07-09-2018, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Should have stayed in NY instead of running scared to Florida...lol... No way to beat Ralph now, unless you're BERT...lol... !!!
Damn Bert! It's been a min, huh? I'm chilling in sunny Florida! Sometimes you have to change things up in life to make life better.

I see you're still a VIRGIN! Good luck with that!
Old 07-09-2018, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default 2018 Great Lakes Challenge

As many of you know, the shopping mall next to the track was scheduled to be demolished for several years. The last building of that mall was leveled in the past 2 weeks. The One-Eighth Scale Racers was able to hold a club race yesterday for the first time since that last building was taken down. There is a lot of construction debris in the area of the track resulting in major concerns for the safety of the people entering the location to go to the track. The small road from the east has taken a big hit from the heavy vehicles used for building demolition. So we are issuing this notice to all that attend the 2018 Great Lakes Challenge as well as any other races that are held through the end of the 2018 racing season.

Parking on the paved sections of the area is now limited and we may have to park some on the grass to the west of the track. Club members will help you find your way to those places. Please keep the children out of the debris piles for there own safety as they are very dangerous. And now that I mention that, the adults should also stay out of the debris piles. And this only makes sense that you shouldn't risk injury in a place like this. Everybody looses if someone gets hurt in the debris.

More about the road. I noticed that there was some wire in the road that may or may not damage the tires on your vehicle. You are on your own regarding that, but please be aware that there are those type things in the road. It is possible to miss that stuff, but be careful and don't race into the area in your vehicle.

The track raced very well so we didn't have to do repairs to it. The surface is good, the paint still looks good and the opportunity for a wonderful race is now within sight. I will have more information available to you once I get it.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Pooh2
Damn Bert! It's been a min, huh? I'm chilling in sunny Florida! Sometimes you have to change things up in life to make life better.

I see you're still a VIRGIN! Good luck with that!
Yep, still a GLC virgin...lol....Hopefully one day I'll be able to go race at the GLC !!! Good luck at the race with Ralph absent and all you should have one faster guy NOT to have to worry about....lol....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.