Problem building V ONE S II kit..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problem building V ONE S II kit..

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Problem building V ONE S II kit..

Hi guys,

First time poster here...

Anyway I bought a V One S II kit and have been putting it together no probs untill now... The middle shaft doesn't seem to be long enough. When its assembled with the pulleys on, it's about 1mm to short to get an e-clip on the end..

Anyone have any ideas?? I'm almost 100% sure its put together right, can't see any other of doing it... I'm at a loss
Old 02-08-2006, 07:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Did u try to install the shaft the other way around, or the brake pulley's position got in the way, or the 2speed gear is not all the way in?
Old 02-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Tech Rookie

The shaft can only go in one way, because of the holes for pins to go through that lock into the pulleys. The pulley on one side runs the belt to the front diff, and the other pulley runs the belt from the brake shaft pulley.. Does that make sense? Its only a single speed btw.

Only thing I can think of is to re-drill the hole in the shaft that locks the end pulley, which would let it slide through a tad more...
Old 02-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

I don't have a Vone S series two but I do have a series one. I came accross this very same problem when I tied to install the two speed. I know it is a different shaft but I think it is the same problem.
What you need to do is look at the gap where the pin fits into the pully. For each of the pullies on that shaft find the one that isn't quite molded right and the pin is not sliding all the way into the slot. A little force may be needed for the pully to click into place, if that doesn't work put some white out in the slot in the pully and then put the two together and see where the two are rubbing. Once you know where it is binding remove the extra plastic that is jamming the pin and hey presto it will all suddenly fit and you should have plenty of room for the e clip.

Dishy
Old 02-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Dishy!!!

I hadn't thought of that... Hope its what you said because I'm really hanging to get this thing built and going!

Cheers!
Old 02-09-2006, 05:34 AM
Tech Initiate

make sure that you are using the correct pulley that drives the front diff.
the pulley is thinner that all the other pulleys.
if you fit a standard pulley on then slide the shaft through it will be too short.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Fixed the problem, ended up being the wrong pulley, wasn't paying attention to the numbers when I put brake shaft together

Cars all build now, just need some new batteries.

Cheers people!