R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-16-2002, 08:30 AM   #166
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Well it seems as though the leaking has stopped or slowed, but I will definitly seal these up when I have the car apart. Thanks for the info! So far the car looks pretty cool and can not wait for the snow to melt.
dan-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 12:13 PM   #167
Tech Master

If anyone has the leaking diff syndrome, the fix is easy. Simply take apart the diffs and apply permatex gasket sealer to both sides of the gasket , let it set for two or three minutes then and make sure that all surfaces are clean, then reassemble. Worked great on this problem.

Any word on how to set the droop yet?????? can you use an assoc droop gauge?
Old 01-19-2002, 12:41 PM   #168
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dan-o
if your going to do some racing this year the midwest series is in your back yard. I'm from detroit and there are alot of great races within a few hours of you. Terry Rott,Chuck Lonergan and Jody Filipse from Grand Rapids ran the series last year. It was great to have them. The link for the Midwest Series is www.midwestseries.com. If your within a states drive it is a great program. Hope to see you this year.
Dennis Richey
Old 01-20-2002, 11:36 AM   #169
Tech Master

I race electric up in GR at Terry's track and have heard about this series. Sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for the link!!

Dan
Old 01-23-2002, 08:54 AM   #170
Tech Master

Where is everyone????
Old 01-27-2002, 09:25 AM   #171
Tech Regular

Default ? on new reflex nt....

i am thinking about getting this nitro kit, but what do you all think of it ? is it what they said about it being the build and win car kit. thanks. chris
carpet_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 11:59 AM   #172
Tech Master

carpet killa,
check out the hpi under the non-hpi nitro area, lots of good info there!
Old 02-12-2002, 01:05 AM   #173
Tech Adept

Im looking forward in getting into nitro on-road. Can anyone give me pros and cons about the reflex nt? Any response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
MauiBuilt Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 06:42 PM   #174
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to icon
Default Re: Will The Real Slim Shady Please Stand Up?

Quote:
Originally posted by NitroOB4You
Ok...I am sitting here, reading this entire Reflex thread,after just finishing reading RCCA's article on the car...OMG!!! All these comparisons to what ya'll say is the original design...The K-Factory
V-1R...I dunno...but it seems to me, that the "Real Slim Shady" would be the Ofna N-OB4!!! Maybe my sense of timing is totally incorrect...but I do believe it was released well before the K-car...and as some semblance of evidence to support my theory, I offer this...mind you, this is merely circumstancial...BUUTTTTT...
The N-OB4 was reviewed by RCCA in Nov-2000...V-1R was reviewed 9/01...nearly a year later?Sorry guys, I my N-OB4,and as stated...i do believe IT is the original....if I am wrong...
well...WHO REALLY CARES??? lol
RCCA is not the universe when it comes to R/C. Although in this case you are right about the OB-4 being released prior to the V One R's release, according to RCCA way back in dec-jan 99-00 they claimed the V One R was just in preproduction while I was holding the finished product in my hand (which I thought was hilarious). RCCA's news is new only to the U.S. shores, but Japan, HK, and Aussie is like 6 months ahead of us. I would not follow RCCA's review as a timeline. Just opinions to be taken with a bit of salt.

As far as originality design goes, 1/8th scale has been using the layouts in our current crop of 1/10th 200mm tourers way back. Serpent and Mugen were the firsts ones to implement these designs into a touring car format. Then Yokomo and Hong Nor (your beloved OB-4 imported by Ofna). Kyosho's V One R(R) is probably the lastest in the scene.
icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 05:46 AM   #175
Tech Regular

The car is good it has some more features that the v1r does not have and i love the way it handles, it really puts my hpi racer2 too shame.
Dennis i will run the midwest series this year along with a friend of mine.
nova racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 01:01 AM   #176
Tech Apprentice

Default binding

Binding!!
I just finished building a brand new reflex but the front end feels sticky. When I sit it flat on the ground and try to push it forward by hand it roll 2 inches! When I lift the front end and just roll the rear end on the ground it feels loose and smooth. When I lift the rear and roll the front it sticks. Is this typical of afreshly built reflex? My VoneR never had this problem. What should I do to fix this?? It looks and feels like the front diff is binding or something. Also, is it true there is no SG clutch nut yet for the reflex? I have a brand new Collari .12TR5 and refuse to cut (crank) an engine that is almost the price of the car!! Will other clutch nuts work instead?
Dookiestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 01:23 AM   #177
Tech Apprentice

Default cant get bumper plate back on

I cant get my bumper back on cause sway bars are sticking too far out! What am I doing wrong? They are made by Tree Racing for the VoneR.
Old 04-02-2002, 04:32 PM   #178
Tech Regular

Default Re: cant get bumper plate back on

Quote:
Originally posted by Dookiestick
I cant get my bumper back on cause sway bars are sticking too far out! What am I doing wrong? They are made by Tree Racing for the VoneR.
I think that you might have to remove that adjuster block behind the sway bar mount. The new sway bar mount should replace it.
Old 04-02-2002, 06:40 PM   #179
Tech Apprentice

Yep that did it!! Thanks!!!
Old 04-06-2002, 06:21 PM   #180
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Dookiestick
Yep that did it!! Thanks!!!
So how it that three racing sway bar? i seen it on e-bay and was thinking of getting one but i need reviews. by the way what else have you done to your reflex.
I have used almost all v 1 r plastic because the reflex stuff is junk and cant take a hit at all not even a small tap with out cracking the front bumper.