R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2002, 10:54 AM   #151
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Kalamazoo,MI
Posts: 1,837
Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)
Default

Ordered mine today and can not wait to get it built and droul over it until snow thaws. Anyone have any suggestions on motor the most bang for your buck. Rear exhaust is definitly the way I want to go.Need your help!!
dan-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 11:25 AM   #152
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dan-o
Ordered mine today and can not wait to get it built and droul over it until snow thaws. Anyone have any suggestions on motor the most bang for your buck. Rear exhaust is definitly the way I want to go.Need your help!!
Hum that's a good question! but before you get some good answers to your question you need to ask yourself a few things:

1. are you going to do some club or roar racing with it?
2. What do you want the engine to do for you? reliability or pure horsepower?
3. How much you want spend on the engine.

Here are my thoughts, if you are not going to do club racing or roar racing then go for the following:
Novarossi RS12T or RB X12T 5 ports, These 2 engines are very powerful, I had ran my Mugen MTX2 equip with MT12 with a Serpent with RS12T, the RS12T is fast, even I had him like 5 cars length on the sweeper before the straight away he still could catch up with me by the end of the straight away! Awesome power. On the RB12T 5 port, I am running this engine right now, in fact I have just finished breaking it in yesterday and this engine is unbelievable! Awesome bottom end and high end you can hear how it screams on the straight away. To give you an example on comparison, I was running my RB at 190~200F range yesterday and the speed of the car and the explosive accelaration is almost the same (if not better) then my MT12 tunning at 245~255F. And the RB still have another 30~40 F for me to work with! I cant imagine if I tune it to run at 235 or so! It's going to be fast! I will also need some taller gearing to go with it too!

Now if you are planning to race it then you are limited to non-turbo plugs and 3 ports, here are a few engines that I have in mind:
1. JP Black modified MT12, I have seen it with my own eye, the opening of the carb is HUGE, and I was told it makes some awesome power.
2. Novarossi MT12 and send it to Motoman(Dennis) for him to modify it as RTO or RTU version.(I dont remember which one is Roar Legal.
3. Regular Novarossi MT12, this is a great engine, power is great! Look at the real world, I am confident to say if 7 out of 10 ppl racing are using MT12 then there must be something right abuot this engine! Does it make sense to you?

Let me know what you are getting!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 12:08 PM   #153
Tech Addict
 
gospeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 649
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Heres a direct quote from one of trinitys ads "All The Hop-Up Parts Come In The Box!" Hmmmmm we got our newest Great Planes update here at the shop and what do you know.... there are some Trinity Reflex hop-ups listed i.e. front one way, rear solid axle, different sway bars...etc. Just makes me like my Mugen more
gospeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 06:14 PM   #154
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by gospeed
Heres a direct quote from one of trinitys ads "All The Hop-Up Parts Come In The Box!" Hmmmmm we got our newest Great Planes update here at the shop and what do you know.... there are some Trinity Reflex hop-ups listed i.e. front one way, rear solid axle, different sway bars...etc. Just makes me like my Mugen more
so, who is liar?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 10:56 PM   #155
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by gospeed
Heres a direct quote from one of trinitys ads "All The Hop-Up Parts Come In The Box!" Hmmmmm we got our newest Great Planes update here at the shop and what do you know.... there are some Trinity Reflex hop-ups listed i.e. front one way, rear solid axle, different sway bars...etc. Just makes me like my Mugen more
Well NO.... they just didn't tell you which 'box' the options came in...... just so happens that you have to pay for the options box!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 11:14 PM   #156
Tech Fanatic
 
kitracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hong kong
Posts: 986
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm


Well NO.... they just didn't tell you which 'box' the options came in...... just so happens that you have to pay for the options box!!
good one


GPM came out a RR rear shock mount , any body tried.
I don't want to be the first one
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 06:30 AM   #157
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 3,022
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default Hop-Ups? Did someone say hop-ups???

FYI everyone....a direct quote from the RCCA article on the RNT...

"I couldnt be more impressed with the new Reflex car.Right out of the box,the car really handles well.The design and building qualities are exceptional, and the kit comes with 99% of the "hop up " parts a hardcore racer wants." Joel Johnson

I know...why I am defending it? lol...maybe, just maybe I like it...
maybe even enough to actually consider sellin off the N-OB4..not really sure yet...but seriously...so it isnt perfect...no car is...Anyway...Ill get off my soapbox...hehe.
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 06:36 AM   #158
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default Re: Hop-Ups? Did someone say hop-ups???

Quote:
Originally posted by NitroOB4You
"I couldnt be more impressed with the new Reflex car.Right out of the box,the car really handles well.The design and building qualities are exceptional, and the kit comes with 99% of the "hop up " parts a hardcore racer wants." Joel Johnson
Lets have a round of applause for the excellent Taiwan build quality!!!!!!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 06:37 AM   #159
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kitracer


good one


GPM came out a RR rear shock mount , any body tried.
I don't want to be the first one
Be brave!.... be the first to tell us it doesn't fit!!!!!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 08:03 AM   #160
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Kalamazoo,MI
Posts: 1,837
Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)
Default

AH10,


Thanks for the info and I will be racing at a club level mostly and probably never at a national event. The first two engines I will have to check into but I should probably get the MT12 and send it out. Thanks again and I will report back with how the building process goes.

Dan
dan-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 10:27 AM   #161
Tech Fanatic
 
Cosmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 829
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

bbntc3 - where do you guys race in Charleston? That's not far from us, and I used to come there a lot when I was dating a girl there, so I know the place pretty well. Let me know and maybe we can road trip up there....
__________________
www.MBRSpeedShop.com - indoor carpet onroad and offroad racing in Roanoke, VA
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 09:19 AM   #162
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Kalamazoo,MI
Posts: 1,837
Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)
Default

Just built mine last night and whew! The instructions could use a little TLC but alright for the most part. I have a few questions though:

#1 :The rear belt seams to be pretty loose and so loose that it hits the radio tray support right in front of the rear diff. Is this common or did I assemble wrong?

#2 :The long side belt that runs along the exhaust is running off center on the front pulley and looks as though it is running on the outside edge of the pulley. I noticed that there was two front blocks for this pulley and wonder if they are different???

#3 :I filled the diffs up as instructed and the rear is fine but the front seems really stiff and oozing the fluid out a little. (enough to leave a spot the size of a dime on the bench. Is this normal?


Dan
dan-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 10:25 AM   #163
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cali
Posts: 187
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The rear deck needs to be filed down per instructions.

The belt is loose in the back but still OK.

The middle belt will loosen and be fine.

Not sure on the front pulley mount?
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 01:06 AM   #164
Tech Regular
 
adelmundo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dan-o
Just built mine last night and whew! The instructions could use a little TLC but alright for the most part. I have a few questions though:

#1 :The rear belt seams to be pretty loose and so loose that it hits the radio tray support right in front of the rear diff. Is this common or did I assemble wrong?

#2 :The long side belt that runs along the exhaust is running off center on the front pulley and looks as though it is running on the outside edge of the pulley. I noticed that there was two front blocks for this pulley and wonder if they are different???

#3 :I filled the diffs up as instructed and the rear is fine but the front seems really stiff and oozing the fluid out a little. (enough to leave a spot the size of a dime on the bench. Is this normal?


Dan
I would seal your diffs with PVC sealent like Permatex. This will prevent the diffs from leaking. The front being that stiff is ok. You can always adjust it later if you like to suit your driving style.
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 05:24 AM   #165
Tech Regular
 
Mauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 413
Send a message via ICQ to Mauler
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by adelmundo


I would seal your diffs with PVC sealent like Permatex. This will prevent the diffs from leaking. The front being that stiff is ok. You can always adjust it later if you like to suit your driving style.
Or you could use the UHU glue too... strong enuff to seal your diff and yet relatively easy to unseal for maintainence... Hope this helps...
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trinity Tru Lathe 3 with Diamond bit/Trinity Brush Station/ Putnam brush driller Brian Anthony R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 05-28-2008 08:01 AM
Reedy MVP - Trinity P2K/P2K2 - Trinity Green Machine Stock Motors S.Heath R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 02-14-2007 01:27 PM
WTB: Trinity TK1511 Trinity bomb One Foam goldberghere R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 02-04-2007 08:04 AM
Trinity Monster Stock Or Trinity P2K2?? murfy Australian Racing 22 02-10-2004 10:58 PM
Trinity Midnight vs. Trinity Chamealon 2 Pro NY24Rustler Electric Off-Road 2 10-02-2002 11:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:17 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net